Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

The 'dryness' of Wikipedia articles.

For example, Will Smith.

Smith was born and raised in West Philadelphia, the son of Caroline (Bright), a Philadelphia school board administrator, and Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.

TA'd that it's not;

In West Philadelphia, born and raised, by Caroline (Bright), a Philadelphia school board administrator, and Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

valoren wrote: »
    The 'dryness' of Wikipedia articles.

For example, Will Smith.

Smith was born and raised in West Philadelphia, the son of Caroline (Bright), a Philadelphia school board administrator, and Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.

TA'd that it's not;

In West Philadelphia, born and raised, by Caroline (Bright), a Philadelphia school board administrator, and Willard Carroll Smith, Sr.

Or 'In West Philadelphia, born and raised, his father was his Senior and his mom administrates'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When someone buys a 100 year old ish house and the first thing they do is change the address, it has now moved area and post code,
    We loved the house but not the address.....SERIOUSLY,:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Though I'm living 21 years in this town, sometimes I feel like a complete blow in:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA I already had a shower this morning but pain is making me break out in like a clammy sweat so I am gross and sore.
    Disgusting day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

failinis wrote: »
    TA I already had a shower this morning but pain is making me break out in like a clammy sweat so I am gross and sore.
    Disgusting day.

Worse is when you're starting to piss sweat as your drying yourself off just after a shower. :mad::o:o

Worse is when you're starting to piss sweat as your drying yourself off just after a shower. :mad::o:o

And you put on your glasses which steam up and can hardly escape the bathroom (with or with out them) :o

TA I was looking forward to a chippy all day but I am almost vomiting cause I am so sore, and some one is using a chain saw very near by.
    It's really not my day is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Some women with those stupid gossip magazines and turn the pages so aggressively they nearly tear out the pages as they are don't want to read about Glee and are in a rush to get to the bits the Kardashians thoughts on sprouts and what hat Rihanna has on.

Slugs - Sick of eating the bland pesticide crap the shops sell I have started growing my own organic veg and these bastards have managed to infiltrate my garden, they aren't leaving slimy trails and the don't seem to like beer

Slugs - those really fat people that move like slugs and always seem to be in the way and very slow to get out of the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When people use on route instead of en route :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Eczema. It's on my hands and on my foot. Looks so hideous.

Lazy people who expect others to do things for them really annoy me.

Not being able to tell people my good news!! It's only small but I have to keep it quiet for a few days. I am awful at keeping secrets so it's killing me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Why does the windscreen washer on the driver's side always go on the blink, and never the one on the passenger side?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm sick to ****ing death of ****ing GoT spoilers everywhere I look. Raging :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm sick to ****ing death of ****ing GoT spoilers everywhere I look. Raging :(

Me too. Even HBO are doing it on Facebook.

Me too. Even HBO are doing it on Facebook.

Do you mean of next week's episode?

That would be a big TA for me too. I don't even watchthe trailers.

Do you mean of next week's episode?

That would be a big TA for me too. I don't even watchthe trailers.

No, of the most recent one. I should have watched it asap but I'm saving it for the weekend.

No, of the most recent one. I should have watched it asap but I'm saving it for the weekend.

Ah well my trivial annoyance is that you are trivially annoyed by something which you can actually change :p

I was planning on watching it in the early hour's of Monday morning but sleep won out so 11 am and I sitting down with a nice coffee and my beloved Thrones :)

My TA is that P is a meanie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People that wear sunglasses on their head, even indoors, immediate first impression is c**t

People that dont move their umbrellas when walking towards you in the rain. And the people use their umbrellas as skis point side down with no regard for the legs of people behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who still don't get what you've said, after you've slowly and meticulously explained it to them 15 bloody times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

When you're having a bad hair day and a bad face day at the same time. :( I definitely woke up the wrong side of the bed this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I got a Capri-Sun and the straw broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

when your putting your shopping on the conveyor belt in the supermarket and still have a load more items to put on and the cnut behind starts putting their shopping on behind yours. Also when your paying or typing in your card pin number and the same cnut behind stands right beside you (this happens alot in lidl)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

neris wrote: »
    when your putting your shopping on the conveyor belt in the supermarket and still have a load more items to put on and the cnut behind starts putting their shopping on behind yours. Also when your paying or typing in your card pin number and the same cnut behind stands right beside you (this happens alot in lidl)

Worse than that, when you ar about to put your last item on the belt and the cashier says 'Sorry love, i'm closed now'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My constant tardiness. I just cant get my shít together. What is really TA about it is that I convince myself every morning that today will be different, even though I do everything the same. I know it takes 90 minutes from getting out of bed to leaving the house, and I must leave at 8 to be in at 9, yet I find myself still lying in bed at 7:15, telling myself I'll cut a few corners this morning, move faster, plan my outfit from the bed and roll into the shower like a ninja, and then 85 minutes later I am still running around with cats hanging out of me and trying to find a pair of tights with no ladder. Yet the next day I will do the very same thing again!

Also TA my little bollix of a cat who kept getting out of his enclosure before I left the house. I spent ages trying to figure out where he was escaping from, eventually sorted it out and just as I was pulling out of the driveway, the little shít appeared, licking where his balls used to be and cackling at me under his breath.

TA the woman beside me at the bus stop who offered to let me on free with her because she has a SW pass. I still don't know why this TA's me.

TA being so disorganized that I have to constantly graze on snack food to keep me going and the calorie/satisfaction proportions just don't add up - get fat without getting full!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I gave up coffee only a few days ago and I'm so bloody tired, headachy and irritable. I look like crap too. I walked past a group of lads in the shopping centre yesterday and heard one of them remark "she looks dead!"

TA I am allergic to Aspirin (and therefore NSAIDs) and the only good pain relief for things I have is anti-inflammatories, and even now because of my bastard stomach I can't take paracetamol. I am going to go crazy. I already went to a pharmacy and asked for something, they said my only options are (if you ignore my bad stomach) is opiates but I need to see a Dr for that, appointment next week.
    Christ.

Your wan on the radio ad "Geraldine here". Grrrrr. It's so bad I don't even know what the ad is for but it's as annoying as that "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" donkey Christmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Nutella. It tastes gross and looks like runny shit. I have no idea how or why people are so obsessed with it.

• Advertisement

Your wan on the radio ad "Geraldine here". Grrrrr. It's so bad I don't even know what the ad is for but it's as annoying as that "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" donkey Christmas ad.

That Skoda ad with your man and his son drives me up the wall. The accents, the mouthiness of the child, and is proclamation of being clever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement