Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you're having a bad hair day and a bad face day at the same time. :( I definitely woke up the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Especially when you run into someone you haven't seen in ages, like an old school friend or flame!

OldNotWIse wrote: »

TA the woman beside me at the bus stop who offered to let me on free with her because she has a SW pass. I still don't know why this TA's me.

Could it be because people with a SW pass are allowed to let someone on for free?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Chuggers at the door. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mansize wrote: »
    Chuggers at the door. Go away.

Their chirpiness sickens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    Could it be because people with a SW pass are allowed to let someone on for free?!

Possibly! :) Or the possible implication that she has no qualms about abusing the provision and workings of state assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

"Looks oNimous"... No, not quite

Also, feck off real estate agents with your semi-smug "Too late...Let" signs

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

When people walk in twos or three on footpaths (especially bridges) and expect you to step into traffic behind you to pass them. I've eesorted to sticking out my elbow instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Skoda ad with your man and his son drives me up the wall. The accents, the mouthiness of the child, and is proclamation of being clever.

It just cements my reasons for never visiting County Louth. Worst accent ever. Maybe my hatred was brought on by sharing with a lad from Louth years ago. He was a prick, and the accent just made it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That Skoda ad with your man and his son drives me up the wall. The accents, the mouthiness of the child, and is proclamation of being clever.

Heard them being interviewed on Ray Darcy last week. The young lad is a 'celebrity' now apparently. :eek:

He was obviously reading his pre-rehearsed interview answers, like a Billy Barry kid on yokes.

He can't be all that fcuking clever, if he can't answer a simple question like 'What do your mates at school think of you being on the radio?' on his own, now can he?

Painful stuff ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

George Hamilton has been annoying me since the 80s. At the end of the match last night, he said "Ireland have made it the the final 16 for the first time!". Eh, to qualify for Euro 2012, we made it to the last 16 since there were only 16 teams in the competition. Also, when we qualified for Euro 88, we were automatically in the last 8. (I know there weren't as many countries back then).

Yeah, I'm being pedantic but I reckons that to sort of point George Hamilton would also make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

When your parked in a big car park with loads of empty spaces and some clown pulls into the right beside you

People who come to work when they are smothering with colds. FFS people keep it to yourselves! Coughing and spluttering and sneezing all over the place. Disgusting and most inconsiderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

All of my socks are unique. Feck

When you are on public transport, especially when tired, and you pick a spot and stare at it and then someone moves into that spot. I was sitting on the fold out seats this morning on the luas and a guy sat down opposite with his crotch area right in the area I was staring into meaning I had to adjust my eyes to stare elsewhere lest anyone think I was staring at his crotch!

A very eloquent man on RnaG this morning telling a really poignant story and every minute or so listeners could hear a tweet, tweet interrupting - as if everybody who knew him was texting to say 'táim ag éisteacht leat ar an raidió!".

Note to everybody: if you ever find yourself on the radio, turn off your phone completely.

People who talk shíte and cant seem to take a hint that I am bored. No amount of bored mmmm's and aaaah's seems to make a difference. Shut the fúck up!

Tiredness making everything seem impossible.

People who have to poke their friend and point at the TV when they realise they are on the TV at a match. Every. Single. Person. does it :(

The stringy things at the side of a banana that can't be chewed and taste all horrible and powdery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Why did I pick today as the day to start a new diet. I have a hangover. I need a breakfast roll. 2 of them. I cant have it.

I feel so awful and horrible after takeaway last night. :(

• Advertisement

Dowloaded a pedometer to my phone a few days ago and delighted with it. I walked 12,000 steps the first day, 8,000 yesterday and 5,000 so far today. Brilliant. Except for this morning I noticed that between leaving the house, driving to the crèche and coming home it went from 500 steps to 4,500 steps. :mad:

I downloaded a "pedometer" - 'an instrument worn by a walker or runner for recording the number of steps taken' - that records motion, not steps!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I ate too much doughnuts and cookies, I need a tummy rub and a laxative.

Nothing fits anymore! I got so fat while I was studying and now I am graduating in three weeks and the four years of fat ain't going to be gone by then. And I just want to eat anyway.

Also TA the fitting room attendant making a big deal about me having to leave an item outside and loudly declaring their policy of no liability should someone else pick up the item in the interim. There were 50 of them on the rail!

Pollen count. Red eyes. Can't breathe properly. Crush wants to go for lunch.

Major TA day.

Dowloaded a pedometer to my phone a few days ago and delighted with it. I walked 12,000 steps the first day, 8,000 yesterday and 5,000 so far today. Brilliant. Except for this morning I noticed that between leaving the house, driving to the crèche and coming home it went from 500 steps to 4,500 steps. :mad:

I downloaded a "pedometer" - 'an instrument worn by a walker or runner for recording the number of steps taken' - that records motion, not steps!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A lot more people seem to be using y'all instead of you all.
    Which is only acceptable if you are doing impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who talk shíte and cant seem to take a hint that I am bored. No amount of bored mmmm's and aaaah's seems to make a difference. Shut the fúck up!

Yeah, if they come into work earlier than usual and expect me to make conversation with them about the match / weather they can think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The amount of soccer "experts" that have sprung up on the last week!

And if I see another COYBIG I'll fcuking scream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The amount of soccer "experts" that have sprung up on the last week!

And if I see another COYBIG I'll fcuking scream.

Totally agree.
    COYBIG.
    :pac:

Winterlong wrote: »
    Totally agree.
    COYBIG.
    :pac:
    TA that every time I see this, a voice in my head says "coy big" even though I know what it stands for. Same with hyperbole. I hear "hyper bowl" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I mean if you can't be arsed to type out the words how much of a fan are you?

LMAO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement