Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I mean if you can't be arsed to type out the words how much of a fan are you?

LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,611 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Painting.

It's such a pain in the hole.

If today has taught me anything it's that I work to pay someone else to deal with the tedium and hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I mean if you can't be arsed to type out the words how much of a fan are you?

LMAO.

TA'd at double posting, but laughing at the joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

TA of the day, My Dad and his stupid e-cigarette liquid.

Every month or so I have to place an order for him, Healthier Smoker 12ml, Strength 18mg (regular smoker) Cola flavoured

Made the order last month, costing 23 euro, order came, 4 bottles of stuff were grand, had to order them online because the shop in town doesn't stock it anymore.

This month, made the same order, had it bookmarked from last time, ordered it away.

Today it comes, sticker design on the bottle is changed on the bottle (but the same company) and the liquid is clear rather than a cola brown colour but the volume, flavour and strength are the same.

According to Dad...."It's not the same!"

Headwreck, f**king order it yourself then. Annoyed with the company too, they are always tampering with the product and mindf**king customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA that my job is so mind numbing I am actually vegetating. Also TA is my parents old school approach to having a job. You have to be "happy you have one you know", don't rock the boat etc. And the latest, "they should give you a payrise now that you have that degree" - I don't think that's how companys work mother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Painting.

It's such a pain in the hole.

If today has taught me anything it's that I work to pay someone else to deal with the tedium and hassle

I spent 12 hours painting my window frames and patio door recently and boy howdy is it going to be the last time i engage in that foolishness.

Someone else is getting paid to do it next time. Utter tedium.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Being in bad humour and getting teary at silly things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I spent 12 hours painting my window frames and patio door recently and boy howdy is it going to be the last time i engage in that foolishness.

Someone else is getting paid to do it next time. Utter tedium.

I love painting! Have painted the outside of the house a few weeks ago and am looking forward to doing the inside of the house in autumn. Horses for courses I suppose.

TA that as soon as I put the washing on the line a big black cloud arrives overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I get TA when illustrators make drawings for events (for example world dog day, or earth day or topical or news events like orlando shootings) because on the one hand I think how see through is that, on the other hand it can be showing support (like the jean julian french peace symbol after attacks) and then again even if it is whoring themselves out for exposure, it comes with the job.
    And now I get angry at myself for being judgemental. Then the next ****ing thing appears on facebook/instagram/twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Yeah, if they come into work earlier than usual and expect me to make conversation with them about the match / weather they can think again.

If I come into work earlier than usual, it's to get some work done that I can't get done during the course of the day. Had a a TA few days with a colleague who didn't have enough to do pouncing down to my desk the minute I came in, and yakking away about nothing. After a day or two I decided to arrive in with my earphones in my ears and as soon as she'd approach the desk I'd point to the earphones and say sorry, I'm just listening to something here on the news, I'll catch up with you later. It took a couple of mornings, but it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Lame hand dryers in public toilets. Jesus, my hands would dry quicker if I blew on them myself, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Other people's children.
    My Slimming World meeting went over by 30 minutes because some eejit of a granny/aunt thought it would be a good idea to bring two 3 year old boys to the group. EVERY FECKING WEEK THIS HAPPENS.
    And every week, the group leader just smiles and puts up with these little crotch goblins running around the room shrieking at an ear-piercing volume whilst eejit granny/aunt tries in vain to calm them by roaring over the group leader for them to sit down.
    Most weeks, I just grit my teeth and endure this ****e for the sake of not wanting to cause a scene but tonight, because I already wasn't feeling great on account of underlying health problems and a splitting headache, I was so close to getting up and walking out of the group out of sheer frustration.
    I'm sick of pretending to like small children. Why must they be so loud and irritating?
    Also, the next person who tells me, with that grating self-satisified smile of a ****ing Mombie on their faces "Ahh, sure! They're just kids being kids", so help me, I will carve their heart out of their chests with a rusty spoon and EAT IT.

I'm watching a bit of the fly on the wall show The Shelbourne.
    It was filmed before last Christmas when they had scaffolding in place at the front of the spa part.

Cut to mother and daughter having afternoon tea and being told that the scaffolding will be in place for precious' big day. Such serious faces.Then cut to some dude talking about how awful it is to hear such news. The front of the building won't be perfect for the big day! The horror!

Never fear because the "style butler" is on hand to ease the "awful news" with a shopping trip.

What planet so these people reside upon!
    If I ever get married it will probably be in a field with a few fairy lights strewn on the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

If I ever get married it will probably be in a field with a few fairy lights strewn on the trees.

As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we get married. 😉

EDIT : The emoji won't work

Shannon757 wrote: »
    As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we get married. 😉

I'm old enough to be your mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm old enough to be your mother!

I don't mind a cougar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm watching a bit of the fly on the wall show The Shelbourne.

That show has made me hate the Shelbourne. And all who sail in it. I would hate to stay or dine in a place where the managers are so ludicrously fussy and pedantic, and the people earning the minimum wage are expected to fawn all over me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

McChubbin wrote: »
    Other people's children.
    This. My neighbours kids are the screechiest creatures, they scream at each other and their dogs constantly. Tonight they're still out squawking, I'm up since six and beginning to feel homicidal. A girl needs sleep!
    Also their parents used to ask us to be queit outside before 7 when we were young, their hypocrisy irks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

"Hilarious videos" which aren't and in particular these "Irish fans" videos.

Irish fans sing get a beer for the boys in green to a French man who is order a beer for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd there's no football on tv tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that people can't understand that work is work, your job is your job, and if you have to say or do something they don't like because it's your job it doesn't mean that you are a horrible person. It just means you are doing what you are paid to do.

Other people's children.
    My Slimming World meeting went over by 30 minutes because some eejit of a granny/aunt thought it would be a good idea to bring two 3 year old boys to the group. EVERY FECKING WEEK THIS HAPPENS.
    And every week, the group leader just smiles and puts up with these little crotch goblins running around the room shrieking at an ear-piercing volume whilst eejit granny/aunt tries in vain to calm them by roaring over the group leader for them to sit down.
    Most weeks, I just grit my teeth and endure this ****e for the sake of not wanting to cause a scene but tonight, because I already wasn't feeling great on account of underlying health problems and a splitting headache, I was so close to getting up and walking out of the group out of sheer frustration.
    I'm sick of pretending to like small children. Why must they be so loud and irritating?
    Also, the next person who tells me, with that grating self-satisified smile of a ****ing Mombie on their faces "Ahh, sure! They're just kids being kids", so help me, I will carve their heart out of their chests with a rusty spoon and EAT IT.

How many syns would that be?

Mudmask wrote: »
    This. My neighbours kids are the screechiest creatures, they scream at each other and their dogs constantly. Tonight they're still out squawking, I'm up since six and beginning to feel homicidal. A girl needs sleep!
    Also their parents used to ask us to be queit outside before 7 when we were young, their hypocrisy irks me.

I hate screeching kids. We had a party a while ago (and my initial TA was people assuming that their kids were invited and carting them along with them). Seriously like, it's just a pain in the backside with kids there. They scare the pets and make noise. Just because you're invited does not mean your sprogs are. And we are not just talking about someone with a young child who maybe couldn't find a babysitter or whatever. no, this was one partner comes to the party and brings the kid with him/her while the other partner stays at home child free! Also bringing said kid's friend along too. WTF. What made it worse was our dog (who is nervous of kids) and that we are trying to train and get used to them and who is making great strides, was left petrified when some fúcking 6 year old upstart decided to run at her shrieking. I swear I felt like belting him. That and running in and out of the house, up and down the stairs and thinking my cats are toys. Fúcking gremlins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

for the 2nd time in a year, some ****er who doesn't know how to park damaged my car and drove off.

a big "**** you!" whoever you are!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

everlast75 wrote: »
    for the 2nd time in a year, some ****er who doesn't know how to park damaged my car and drove off.

a big "**** you!" whoever you are!!!

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Absolute ******s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting lost and been too damned proud/stubborn to just pull over and hook up the sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Winterlong wrote: »
    Getting lost and been too damned proud/stubborn to just pull over and hook up the sat nav.

Or just Google Maps on your phone, just as good, never mind a sat nav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Other people's children.

Used to have a similar TA scenario at the Weightwatchers meeting I attended.

The mammy who thought her child should be centre of attention at all times, her every question had to be answered immediately, both of them at top volume, while the group leader tried to smile (grit her teeth) through it.

Haven't been there in a while but last time, the child went outside the door and wouldn't come back in. So mammy had to leave, alleluia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Just got embarrassed buying tampons because a guy I fancy was in the queue behind me in the shop.

What age am I, fourteen? :o

• Advertisement

Irish fans' good deeds. Fúck off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement