Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Irish fans' good deeds. Fúck off.

"Give out for the boys in green
    Give out for the boys in green......"

Why is everything turning in to a chant? No longer funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »

Put out for the boys in green! (oh wait....) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Winterlong wrote: »

"Why is everything turning in to a chant?
    Why is everything turning in to a chant?
    Why is everything turning in to a chant?" :pac:

I'm annoyed by my coccyx at the moment. I didn't fall or anything, yet I've got agonising tailbone pain every time I stand up, just at the moment I cease contact with my chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Having 5 hours to get ready so postpone the shower for a couple of hours. Now have 2 hours to get ready and cannot force myself into the cold bathroom. I put the heating on an hour ago and it may as well be a candle in the wind. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you're having a phone conversation from your desk and the person on the other end is somewhere noisy so you have to shout but the office is really quiet so even normal conversation can be overheard. My latest was a joke about an "intervention" that myself and a morally bankrupt friend might be facing later, and I jokingly said that the Westboro Baptists would be there. He was like, "the who?!!" and I'm there, "the WESTBORO BAPTISTS!!!" and he still didn't get it so in the end I had to shout, "you know the ones who say God Hates Fags!" as the entire office turns to stare :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Reminds me, when someone else is talking to someone on the phone and you don't really know the person on the other end that well and they say "oh do you want to talk to Olishi? " and you're there nodding your head saying "noooo" and then you have to get on the phone and have an awkward conversation.

And when you are on the phone to someone and the person beside you keeps asking you to ask the person on the other end questions and you can't think straight trying to listen to the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

"Why is everything turning in to a chant?
    Why is everything turning in to a chant?
    Why is everything turning in to a chant?" :pac:

I'm annoyed by my coccyx at the moment. I didn't fall or anything, yet I've got agonising tailbone pain every time I stand up, just at the moment I cease contact with my chair.

Hope you haven't gotten a dreaded in-grown hair dude. That's how mine started out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The way the current crappy weather brings out all the "self - appointed experts" in the loud smartphone talkers on the bus.
    The latest such waffler, a middle age wagon was yesterday going on like a "super sleuth" about the mindset Joanne Cox's murderer. As if we all on the lower deck will learn from this gabbers "pearls of wisdom"
    No. Shut the F^&K up.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who organise Bucket Collections at busy junctions.
    I know fund raising needs to be done and I'll support most charities.
    But surely there are better ways to raise money than this.
    It means having to go rooting in my pocket for the bit of shrapnel that's in it. And did it ever occur to you that people need their change for parking or tolls.
    So don't bother rattling yer buckets at my window.F*ck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I wish went I felt ill that I could actually look ill. I'm sure I'd get some sympathy then. But no, I still have a healthy looking chops on me, despite being worn out from the onset of ocular migraine that started last night. Also, never copping the symptoms when they start. Everytime it happens, it's only looking back on how I felt a day or two previous, that I think ah yeah, that's why I felt so sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Had about an hour and a half to get dinner ready (after I got back from the shop) but I got so distracted reading about the Brexit, so I won't get dinner before I go to work and I haven't eaten today and probably won't be back until late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Frying off a couple of leftover spuds for tea, only to find there's no tomato ketchup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm watching a bit of the fly on the wall show The Shelbourne.
    It was filmed before last Christmas when they had scaffolding in place at the front of the spa part.

Cut to mother and daughter having afternoon tea and being told that the scaffolding will be in place for precious' big day. Such serious faces.Then cut to some dude talking about how awful it is to hear such news. The front of the building won't be perfect for the big day! The horror!

Never fear because the "style butler" is on hand to ease the "awful news" with a shopping trip.

What planet so these people reside upon!
    If I ever get married it will probably be in a field with a few fairy lights strewn on the trees.

I was watching this too and oh my god, talk about melodramatic! And that style butler was living in fairyland.
    And then the staff being told not to mention the 'other' wedding in the hotel, the one they were working on was the ONLY one happening.

I was TA'd no one was talking about it in the Reality TV forum, so I could join in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

gammygils wrote: »
    People who organise Bucket Collections at busy junctions.
    I know fund raising needs to be done and I'll support most charities.
    But surely there are better ways to raise money than this.
    It means having to go rooting in my pocket for the bit of shrapnel that's in it. And did it ever occur to you that people need their change for parking or tolls.
    So don't bother rattling yer buckets at my window.F*ck off!

And it slows down the traffic as well, at least did in my town this evening, was wondering why I was stuck in a tailback for ages, then when I get to the roundabout there's a girl collecting for a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Small talk with the in law.

Jaysus them English are fierce bad with the exit ha?

George Hook. What is wrong with that chap that he cannot compose a succinct question to his guests? He just goes on and on and on - his questions are invariably longer than any posiible answer could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

George Hook. What is wrong with that chap that he cannot compose a succinct question to his guests? He just goes on and on and on - his questions are invariably longer than any posiible answer could be.

Likes the sound of his voice

I'm in bits with itchy feet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My TA for the day is when my boyfriend puts on some rubbish movie and then falls asleep. But when I go to turn it off or change it, he wakes up and tells me to leave it on because he's watching it! He's not, he's been snoring for the last half an hour. I'm mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Subtitles. More specifically , how it's a small sentence in English on the screen but it takes them forever to say it in whatever language. It wrecks my head.

When I click into a poster's link , when I go back out of it again I'm brought back to the top of the page, rather than the post in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you're trying to talk to someone and they keep making noise over the conversation, then complaining they can't hear you. Maybe turn off the hoover/stop rustling plates/blaring music...
    you name it.

Trying to scroll down a page and it keeps refreshing itself and shifts back up to the top, especially frustrating if it's a long page of text with a lot of scrolling to get back where you were, only for it to happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Jaysus them English are fierce bad with the exit ha?
    dem Sasanachs :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

That Wagon Wheel song is so overplayed everywhere it's giving me TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Strangers bumming fags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Strangers bumming fags
    Yeah, they should at least get to know them a bit first.

My TA is the number of posts on my FB feed giving out about British pensioners ruining this generation's future etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was bringing the clothes in from the line with my mum and we got everything down and in the basket. I bent down to pick the basket up and I don't know why but she decided to swing the clothes line around and it bashed me on the head. The bloody pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Holding a door open for someone who is immersed in their phone. I don't have all day to stand here holding the door. I believe in being courteous to others but some people really test that.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Dishwasher cycle finished. I opened the door and pulled out the bottom tray only to find there's no tea towel to do the drying. I go to the hot press for a tea towel and come back to dry the cutlery. In the meantime, my wife drops a mucky peanut buttery spoon into the basket and obviously that's the first one I go to dry. Brand new tea towel gone straight into the wash basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

My neighbour is a fcuking annoying fcuktard!!!!

He's one of these 50+ old ex hippy cnuts who "knows" everything and "knows" how to do everything.

I can't open the front / back door without him or his parents coming out for a nosey of what Im doing.

As soon as they hear me doing something, they are out asking multiple questions. How much was that? Where did you get that? Why are you doing that? Yknow what id do if I was you....oh, I wouldn't put that there....I wouldnt use that colour....do you need a hand for a few quid....cmere and look what we did, you should do that.

I have resorted to erecting 2m high willow screens on the dividing wall for privacy. Jaysis I only had it out of the packet and fcuking BOOM! McGruber, whatcha doin? How high will that be? Is that going the whole length of the wall...blah blah blah.

I took down and built a new front wall last week. Took longer than expected because these cnuts popped out for a chat every 30 minutes as they have nothing better to do. Hows about fcuk off and let me work instead of talking bollox and wasting my time.

Im usually polite as fcuk with them but I snapped a few minutes ago putting the last screen up.

I had been bashing the **** out of my fingers while rushing to get it up as I knew the gaggle of fcukers were on the way out for a nosey and a bull**** chat that I didnt have time for or want.

The door opened (i was down on one knee with earphones in) i knew the cnuts were calling me.

All of a sudden an arm came through the first screen, he had grabbed it and forced it from the wall to see how secure it was on the wall....as in "thats shoddy work Ted".

My face just started twitching and I lost it. 5 god damned years of pent up frustration with these cnuts just exploded out of me. I let rip at the fcukers and fcuked the hammer 40ft down the garden.

Sssiiiiiigggggghhhhhh

I know I sound like a dickhead but I just had enough of not being able to just be left alone.

He's the same cnut that cleaned a 6ft x 6ft patch of my driveway to see how his new powerhose worked.

I need to go to my happy place.

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

McGruber wrote:
    He's one of these 50+ old ex hippy cnuts who "knows" everything and "knows" how to do everything.

@McGruber your post has driven my blood pressure sky high,how the hell didn't you lose it with him before now.I'd be doing time at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

McGruber wrote: »
    All of a sudden an arm came through the first screen, he had grabbed it and forced it from the wall to see how secure it was on the wall....as in "thats shoddy work Ted".

I'm in tears reading that :pac:

I just showed something I was looking at on the screen to my daughter, while she was leaning over she must have moved the next chair much closer to me and when I turned round I bashed my elbow on it. Bleeding and everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement