Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

mohawk wrote: »
    Holding a door open for someone who is immersed in their phone. I don't have all day to stand here holding the door. I believe in being courteous to others but some people really test that.

Or worse, when someone just that bit too far ahead of you holds open the door and you have to decide between jogging up to them or pretending to be on your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Colser wrote: »
    @McGruber your post has driven my blood pressure sky high,how the hell didn't you lose it with him before now.I'd be doing time at this stage.

Ah, y'know yourself. Be nice to your neighbours and all that :)

Which I normally am.

They are generally lovely but they are over enthusiastic in making contact and don't seem to have boundaries. If you are out, they are out.

They have no neighbours on the other side and we are the youngest on the street so it's like they are living through us.

Its just frustrating, ugh, they got the message now anyway...fcukers! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Ach...I thought I had sold a watch on adverts but yerman seems to be a scammer. Thankfully I did not lose out, but lost hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA with the new ads now featuring on the free TV section of Filmon, watching Glastonbury footage but the ambience keeps getting interrupted every 15 mins by these stupid ads, I suppose I canna complain as its free but its specially annoying as its BBC I'm viewing through another platform and this never used to happen only at the starting of streams.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

"News" stories with the word 'Lads' in the headline. The dumbing down of our media continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People who drink and drive.
    Stopped at a Garda checkpoint this eve. They guy who was driving the car in front of me couldn't stand up straight when the guards asked him to get out of the car.
    Full of slurred abuse to the guard about 'his rights'
    I had been driving behind him for the previous 20min.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

73Cat wrote: »
    Subtitles. More specifically , how it's a small sentence in English on the screen but it takes them forever to say it in whatever language. It wrecks my head.

When I click into a poster's link , when I go back out of it again I'm brought back to the top of the page, rather than the post in question.

White subtitles against a white background or black subtitles against a black background.

Have these people never watched their movie?

Nobody wants to spend the rest of their life with me.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I want to watch Tame Impala on Glastonbury but the blue button choice thing is not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Those horrible big fat fcuking blue bottles buzzing around the room,skimming past my head and hitting the window. The window is open so just fly out FFS

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Those horrible big fat fcuking blue bottles buzzing around the room,skimming past my head and hitting the window. The window is open so just fly out FFS

Moths. The beggars keep trying to set up home in our house. And no offer to pay rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Trying to eat a roll and my cat goes mad trying to get her furry little paws on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Not getting all the pizza dips with the delivery AGAIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

My Capri-Sun straw is too flaccid to penetrate the foil.

RayM wrote: »
    My Capri-Sun straw is too flaccid to penetrate the foil.

Never happens to me.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Never happens to me.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Having to bite your tongue and not reply to certain posts....god id love a Capri Sun😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA at myself. Went to Tesco needing milk, bin liners and shampoo. Repeated this to myself many times walking around the aisles.
    Got distracted by mini donuts on offer
    Came away with milk, bin liners and conditioner.

Winterlong wrote: »
    Never happens to me.

This is the first time it's ever happened to me, I swear.

You're probably just tired, Ray. :)

• Advertisement

I got it in eventually, but not before covering myself in juice.

Must.Not.Respond....

My TA is that I forgot to turn my slow coooker down to low after heating it up, so I think my curry is going to be a little overdone by the time I get round to eating it. :(

"You know what I mean" . One Richard Corrigan, a chef of some repute, managed to say this about 89 times in an 8-minute radio interview yesterday on Brexit. It was so bad I actually felt relief when he said "you know" (a further 57 times in aforementioned interview).

Are these people too lazy to listen back to themselves for the sake of improving?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Dying for a wee, but half asleep. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The Conjuring 2, and all the hype around it. I was up in Kilkenny last night as my Mum and aunt were at Rod Stewart. Myself and my daughter went for food, and were too stuffed to get to the cinema. She said she had the movie on her phone, so we went back to the car to watch it. What a pile of sh1te it was, and people apparently freaking out over it altogether . The only time we jumped and screamed was when my sister text, and the phone fell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Sat in some food place and see a person who was blind in the queue (behind me) so went on ahead paid for food, grand.

She ended up sitting near me, I just had my food and then she kicked off.
    Called the waiter over and started to complain she paid 27.98 or whatever, kept saying figure, for "this".
    The complaint? Apparently the mug had a dribble down the outside not from her "get the damn video it twas'nt me like".

Bouncer/watchman comes over and she kicks off again saying "why is there a black man here I pay my taxes, no do not take the mug I am taking a photo for evidence".
    Poor doorman listening to all this - then womans husband comes back from down stairs and says "do yoou know who you are dealing with?".

He looks sick of this **** and he only arrived into it. "Com' on d,arlin letss go".
    Forgets him umbrella and has to sheepishly come back.

Just the whole event annoyed me and annoyed I never said anything. Oh well. Had a great day after that!

Trying to navigate today whilst avoiding Game of Thrones spoilers.

Its going to be difficult....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The bus driver this morning who apparently had all day to get to the city centre. Instead of trying to pass cyclists when he had the chance, insisted on staying behind them ALL THE WAY into town, even when he had space to pass So, we basically drove to town at cyclist speed (plus time we were stopped at lights) Also TA the cyclists who insisted on cycling two abreast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

McGruber wrote: »
    My neighbour is a fcuking annoying fcuktard!!!!

All of a sudden an arm came through the first screen, he had grabbed it and forced it from the wall to see how secure it was on the wall....as in "thats shoddy work Ted".

My face just started twitching and I lost it. 5 god damned years of pent up frustration with these cnuts just exploded out of me. I let rip at the fcukers and fcuked the hammer 40ft down the garden.

Sssiiiiiigggggghhhhhh

I know I sound like a dickhead but I just had enough of not being able to just be left alone.

He's the same cnut that cleaned a 6ft x 6ft patch of my driveway to see how his new powerhose worked.

I need to go to my happy place.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh God I twitched reading this, I would have lost it a long time ago! Hope they leave you alone now. Grrr people....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement