Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

When seemingly intelligent adults throw their toys out of the pram because they feel excluded and the whole class gets punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Bit of a very feckin' trivial one tonight but I know someone who claims to always wear black yet, eh, I've never seen her dressed all in black. In fact she dresses quite colourfully most of the time. Didn't I say it was trivial?

Also, I finally went out for a decent walk this evening then scarfed down a cheese toastie and two toffee pops once I got home. Walk was surely cancelled out by that starvery carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    I ****ing hated the abbreviation and phrase "Brexit"*

After the vote I am naive to think that I will hear it less and less.

That may be true, but lo and behold - what's this? In the aftermath of the voting I read a new phrase.. "Bremain", as in those that wanted to stay.

Jesus ******* Christ - I'm so angry I can barely see :P

*shudders

I heard on Newstalk this morning, that there's a move for Ireland to leave the EU...

yep! they called it "Eirexit".

I don't want to live on this planet anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

mud wrote: »
    Bit of a very feckin' trivial one tonight but I know someone who claims to always wear black yet, eh, I've never seen her dressed all in black. In fact she dresses quite colourfully most of the time. Didn't I say it was trivial?

I always wear black, and what's really annoying is if there's a hint of non-black in my clothes (stains from food are the only exception. :pac: ). Once I got a pair of black safety boots in work, but the laces were black with grey flecks. I was finding them so distracting, they might as well have been luminous pink or yellow! I had to get new laces straight away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Rogueish wrote: »
    Being feicing hungry ALL the time. Doesn't matter what it is sweet, savory, carb, protein or complete junk..... nyom!

It's gotta stop. It's not like I'm not eating properly (OK breakfast might not be stellar) but every other meal and snack is sensible and should curb the munchies.

Arrrragh

Drink water, loads of it.. also get checked out for diabetes.

My ta, getting a warning for making a mistake on a task i told my boss I wasn't properly trained for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

everlast75 wrote: »
    I heard on Newstalk this morning, that there's a move for Ireland to leave the EU...

yep! they called it "Eirexit".

I don't want to live on this planet anymore :(

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/brexit-regrexiter-tells-bbc-she-wasnt-really-voting-to-leave-the-eu/ar-AAhFw8Y?li=BBr5HCU&ocid=iehp

I'll get my coat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA that with Brexit and Boris taking over in the UK...Trump in the US....it feels like the lunatics are taking over the asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Winterlong wrote: »
    TA that with Brexit and Boris taking over in the UK...Trump in the US....it feels like the lunatics are taking over the asylum.

Underlying problem with democracy.. don't have to do an intelligence test before getting a vote..

TA, having to listen to my illiterate brother in law rambling on about politics..

Fact of life, a lot of people are too dumb to have a say in the running of a country.

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Underlying problem with democracy.. don't have to do an intelligence test before getting a vote..

Now we are talking!

• Advertisement

I chipped a tooth. Have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I'm not afraid of many things, but going to the dentist is pretty high up my list. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dog Rescue Homes.

Don't get me wrong they do a fantastic job but they can be awful nit pickers and jobsworth's when it comes to home checks. We're being put through a rollercoaster of emotion right now trying to adopt.
    We've been looking for a puppy for ages of a certain breed, one came up needing a rehome, 7 years old lived with a pensioner who passed away suddenly. The wife was heartbroken reading this so we said we'd jump in and try an rehome it and give it another chance.

Went through all the checks with the manager at the center, she was delighted with the answers we gave and planned care and setup for the dog. Unfortunately we had a mini break booked that mean we were gone for 3 days last week and since then their home inspector has tried to call 6 times, even though we made it clear what our unavailability is regarding being at home.

They literally give you a 2 minute window where they rock up, ring you phone and ask if you're there and if you don't/can't get home within 5 minutes they're gone. My wife rang yesterday to say she'd be at home all of yesterday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but can't do today as she has to go into the office. Lo and behold who rocks up the door at 10:01.

I get the point of home visits, but c'mon a bit of tact and cop on wouldn't go astray here.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Dog Rescue Homes.

Don't get me wrong they do a fantastic job but they can be awful nit pickers and jobsworth's when it comes to home checks. We're being put through a rollercoaster of emotion right now trying to adopt.
    We've been looking for a puppy for ages of a certain breed, one came up needing a rehome, 7 years old lived with a pensioner who passed away suddenly. The wife was heartbroken reading this so we said we'd jump in and try an rehome it and give it another chance.

Went through all the checks with the manager at the center, she was delighted with the answers we gave and planned care and setup for the dog. Unfortunately we had a mini break booked that mean we were gone for 3 days last week and since then their home inspector has tried to call 6 times, even though we made it clear what our unavailability is regarding being at home.

They literally give you a 2 minute window where they rock up, ring you phone and ask if you're there and if you don't/can't get home within 5 minutes they're gone. My wife rang yesterday to say she'd be at home all of yesterday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but can't do today as she has to go into the office. Lo and behold who rocks up the door at 10:01.

I get the point of home visits, but c'mon a bit of tact and cop on wouldn't go astray here.

Agree with this 100%. I appreciate that homes need to be checked but I've seen people refused because there wont be someone there all the time. It's madness. Fair enough they're not going to give you a dog if it's going to be alone all day but a few hours a day is fine. They nearly want a guarantee there will be someone there 24/7 holding its paw.

Something infuriating happened us about a year ago. I found a beautiful dog in our garden. He just wandered in. He was clearly owned by someone before as he could sit and he got excited when he saw the lead. Anyway we put up signs and photos and all the usual and nobody claimed him. Didn't think to have him scanned. Our friend "fostered" him while we tried to find him a forever home but in the meantime she and her partner fell in love with the little guy and decided to keep him. They brought him to the vet for neutering/vaccs etc and it turned out he was chipped. Got in touch with owners who were living in Galway and who said they no longer wanted him. They had brought him to a shelter there and he had escaped and made his way home twice (how sad) so they brought him to a Wexford shelter. When the Wexford shelter was contacted they were all like "Oh yeah he's ours, he got out". Pretty bad form that a dog managed to escape from their premises but then to make it worse when my friend said she'd had the dog for the past month and was willing to give him a forever home, they wanted to do a home check! Feck off. Major TA, it would put people off rescuing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When the Wexford shelter was contacted they were all like "Oh yeah he's ours, he got out". Pretty bad form that a dog managed to escape from their premises but then to make it worse when my friend said she'd had the dog for the past month and was willing to give him a forever home, they wanted to do a home check! Feck off. Major TA, it would put people off rescuing :(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In fairness to rescue shelters, a high percentage of animals that get brought to them have undergone either neglect or horrible aggression. So you can understand to an extent why they want to be certain. It's inconvenient and frustrating, but there's no point in going from the frying pan to the fire, as it were.

Our little dog is a rescue dog (which, as it turns out, is different to a dog that rescues people - when I heard we were getting one, I was expecting a St. Bernard), who obviously suffered some severe treatment and still has a lot of lingering fears, even though we're a loving home for her.

In fairness to rescue shelters, a high percentage of animals that get brought to them have undergone either neglect or horrible aggression. So you can understand to an extent why they want to be certain. It's inconvenient and frustrating, but there's no point in going from the frying pan to the fire, as it were.

Our little dog is a rescue dog (which, as it turns out, is different to a dog that rescues people - when I heard we were getting one, I was expecting a St. Bernard), who obviously suffered some severe treatment and still has a lot of lingering fears, even though we're a loving home for her.

Believe me I get it, but they already know our situation i.e. 2 young professionals on split shifts so one gets home around 4 pm and the other leaves for work at 9am meaning with a dog walker being employed (in fact we already pencilled in a slot at 12noon, 3 times a week, the OH works from home the other 2days) she'll only be on her own for max 4 hours.

The last lady owner didn't take the best of care for her, she's just had 5 teeth extracted, we offered to pay for that but the Center covered it in fairness to them. The center was brilliant and were thrilled with our plans, it's just these two women running the home visits who are causing a bit of a nightmare.
    Anyways, hopefully now we have the rest of the week covered it all goes well.
    I'll report back on the progress, or actually, I'll stick it in the Trivial Happiness if it comes through.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Got in touch with owners who were living in Galway and who said they no longer wanted him. They had brought him to a shelter there and he had escaped and made his way home twice (how sad) so they brought him to a Wexford shelter.

That is absolutely heart breaking by the way, you'd want a heart of stone to give the dog away three times, twice after he made it all the way back again.

Believe me I get it, but they already know our situation i.e. 2 young professionals on split shifts so one gets home around 4 pm and the other leaves for work at 9am meaning with a dog walker being employed (in fact we already pencilled in a slot at 12noon, 3 times a week, the OH works from home the other 2days) she'll only be on her own for max 4 hours.

The last lady owner didn't take the best of care for her, she's just had 5 teeth extracted, we offered to pay for that but the Center covered it in fairness to them. The center was brilliant and were thrilled with our plans, it's just these two women running the home visits who are causing a bit of a nightmare.
    Anyways, hopefully now we have the rest of the week covered it all goes well.
    I'll report back on the progress, or actually, I'll stick it in the Trivial Happiness if it comes through.

TA now I have to subscribe to the TTTMYH thread to follow the story! :P

That is absolutely heart breaking by the way, you'd want a heart of stone to give the dog away three times, twice after he made it all the way back again.

I know! I was so happy when they fell in love with him, and seeing the photos of the three of them in the park...at the beach...snuggling on the sofa. aaaah :) Actually during the foster period I didn't hear from her for about a week and I was really panicking that something had happened to him but it turned out she was avoiding me because they were so reluctant to give him back.

TA that I've now got goosebumps and a lump in my throat :mad:

• Advertisement

I'd be very dubious if they weren't strict and did their due diligence with home visits. My family went through the same thing and found it equally as frustrating, so I'm completely with you there, but I'd rather it be that way than for them to give out pets willynilly.

In relation to that, I'm gonna say my TA is people could abuse a dog (any animal, really) as much as our one had. When the shelter took her in, she was sick, stick thin, and found cowering at the side of the road, obviously suffering from abuse. She still has weird little fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The fact that I have no idea what it means to be left wing or right wing.
    Seeing people refueling from the wrong side, park at the side where you fill, why annoy yourself trying to stretch the hose over the car?
    People complaining about the weather.
    My phone dying at 38% every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm going on holidays next week but I feel so down about it because I'm really out of shape and I feel almost embarrassed. I saw pictures from last years holiday and I looked pretty toned but with a few things on over the last few months I've just gone backwards :( super frustrated and down today. Afraid I won't enjoy my holiday that much now.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The fact that I have no idea what it means to be left wing or right wing.
    Seeing people refueling from the wrong side, park at the side where you fill, why annoy yourself trying to stretch the hose over the car?
    People complaining about the weather.
    My phone dying at 38% every day.

Which reminds me, people who don't pull up to the second pump :mad:

When the canteen at work add a load of salt and spice to disguise the bad taste of whatever their dish of the day is.

scdublin wrote: »
    I'm going on holidays next week but I feel so down about it because I'm really out of shape and I feel almost embarrassed. I saw pictures from last years holiday and I looked pretty toned but with a few things on over the last few months I've just gone backwards :( super frustrated and down today. Afraid I won't enjoy my holiday that much now.

bring a pair of runners with ya on holidays. If you feel very annoyed with yourself, use that as motivation while over there. You'll feel better, even if you only get a couple of 20 min runs in.

Alternatively, make your plan for uber-fitness when you return.

But most of all - try to be happy in yourself. People tend to be very critical of themselves unnecessarily (me included!).

TA that my holidays are over and I don't feel like I've had one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaymoose

Heavily padded bras, total misdiscription of goods on offer.

shaymoose wrote: »
    Heavily padded bras, total misdiscription of goods on offer.
    Ah here, by the time you realise you've been conned you wont care :pac:

TA I have to wait until 2 for my lunch :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Afraid to post anything on here because everything is double posting. Not on any other threats, just TA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Well that fcuks that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement