Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The Sky ad at the bottom of the page with the offer ending June 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaymoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    shaymoose wrote: »
    Heavily padded bras, total misdiscription of goods on offer.
    Ah here, by the time you realise you've been conned you wont care :pac:

TA I have to wait until 2 for my lunch :eek:
    Two fried eggs is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    The amount of non TA posts on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather, the poxy effin' weather :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When people walking around a corner have no regard to the probability of someone walking around the same corner from the other side. Slow down! :mad:

The stupid walk that takes over me when I have to walk past people who are standing or sitting still, and the fear of doing that trip/run thing.

People sneezing all over the office and then expecting a simple "excuse me" to counter the fact that they have just infected you with the plague.

IBTS claiming to have lifted the ban on gay men donating blood but keeping a 12 month deferral scheme in place which means gay men in a committed relationship who (presumably) have sex are still not allowed to donate. That's not lifting the ban!

Unripe fruit.

The weird thread like thing on the side of a banana that can only be described as "chewy powder" to eat.

People who deliberately mis-use words to sound cool - can you action this for me today? What. Can you learn proper English today or I'll shove your action where the sun doesn't shine.

TA mod reminding us of the need for TA's and getting me thinking about all the TA's I have! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Installing an update and the user is looking over your shoulder.

I'm the only one that has to watch the progress bar. If you left you could be doing something fun and I can be on my phone.

Anytime I move my tongue, it flicks against the tooth I chipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I have a sinus infection lingering for the past few days. Not bad enough to be 'officially sick' but bad enough to feel like crap.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I have a sinus infection lingering for the past few days. Not bad enough to be 'officially sick' but bad enough to feel like crap.
    I got them all the time, all the time, all the bloomin time!!!! Used to stay for months and hurt like blazes!

Then I stopped smoking and havn't had one since.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

everlast75 wrote: »
    scdublin wrote: »
    I'm going on holidays next week but I feel so down about it because I'm really out of shape and I feel almost embarrassed. I saw pictures from last years holiday and I looked pretty toned but with a few things on over the last few months I've just gone backwards :( super frustrated and down today. Afraid I won't enjoy my holiday that much now.

bring a pair of runners with ya on holidays. If you feel very annoyed with yourself, use that as motivation while over there. You'll feel better, even if you only get a couple of 20 min runs in.

Alternatively, make your plan for uber-fitness when you return.

But most of all - try to be happy in yourself. People tend to be very critical of themselves unnecessarily (me included!).

TA that my holidays are over and I don't feel like I've had one :(

Very true - would be a lot harder to come back and start workouts again if I completely stop while I'm gone so will plan to do something there. I might look up local sporting activities etc.

I shall try :) I just got myself really down last night because I tried on some bikinis that I was so happy to fit into last summer, and just felt I looked so awful in them now.

TA: every thing I try to do in work today keeps failing in our new system and I have to log bugs for it. Just let me know when it's working ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Sitting in the work canteen and the colleague right beside me has noisy phone buttons :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

scdublin wrote: »
    Very true - would be a lot harder to come back and start workouts again if I completely stop while I'm gone so will plan to do something there. I might look up local sporting activities etc.

I shall try :) I just got myself really down last night because I tried on some bikinis that I was so happy to fit into last summer, and just felt I looked so awful in them now.

TA: every thing I try to do in work today keeps failing in our new system and I have to log bugs for it. Just let me know when it's working ffs.

Check the hotel you are in. Mine had spin classes, 5 aside football, water aerobics etc and I didn't find out until I was 7 days into the holiday!

TA is it is lashing down and I know i will go home to 2 wet dogs! (I had a big kennel built for them but do you think they would use it??

Trying to avoid Game of Thrones spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Trying to avoid Game of Thrones spoilers

TA at that. I was supposed to watch it last night but got distracted.

Am now supposed to watch it tonight...after I have dealt with the fella renovating our home.... after I have been to see the car mechanic...after I have been to the tile shop to buy tiles...after I have made tea for my kid....and myself..

I am going to be back here tomorrow still avoiding GOT spoilers.

Winterlong wrote: »
    TA at that. I was supposed to watch it last night but got distracted.

Am now supposed to watch it tonight...after I have dealt with the fella renovating our home.... after I have been to see the car mechanic...after I have been to the tile shop to buy tiles...after I have made tea for my kid....and myself..

I am going to be back here tomorrow still avoiding GOT spoilers.

I didn't have time to watch TV for the last four years, now that college is finished I have loads of box sets to catch up on. GOT is the first, and I'm only on Season 1. There's also House of Cards and Breaking Bad. I spend half my day trying to avoid spoilers!

TA that there was something in my burrito that I hate but I don't know what it is. Maybe coriander? I left out the salsa today thinking that was the culprit but it was still there. I'll never get it right.

Game of Thrones spoiler

It was all a dream in Vincent's head. Walt suspected it, but Hurley wasn't sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Game of Thrones spoiler

It was all a dream in Vincent's head. Walt suspected it, but Hurley wasn't sure.

Banned from this thread for not supplying a trivial annoyance.

Please do not post in this thread again.

When I'm talking to someone I seem to subconsciously start to imitate their accent :( I become aware of myself doing it but can't stop. It's mortifying as well as annoying!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Banned from this thread for not supplying a trivial annoyance.

Please do not post in this thread again.

If I'm trivially annoyed by that, does it count?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Winterlong wrote:
    When the canteen at work add a load of salt and spice to disguise the bad taste of whatever their dish of the day is.

Same here,there is no way that you could guess what flavour the soup is meant to be by tasting it as it always tastes like salty something or other.The colour varies but not the taste.I try not to think about what's in it tbh but think it's leftovers spiked with salt.

TA is being on break with someone who talks non stop about some boring ****e and you end up going back to your desk early rather than risk blurting STFU out loud .One of these days......

• Advertisement

If I'm trivially annoyed by that, does it count?

Just this time.

boney is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

That dog story a few pages back has made me feel fuzzy that my TA isn't bothering me anymore.
    However, it's for whenever a newspaper puts up an article on a celebrity (in this case Caroline Wozniacki) and people in the comments write 'who?'
    Uou're on the internet, look it up. But we all know that you write these comments is because it makes you feel smug to try to invalidate someone even though you know who they are.

When I get broccoli and cauliflower cheese in a cafe for lunch and its just boiled broccoli & cauliflower and grated microwaved cheese over the top!

How extremely fuukin lazy is that!??

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bosses who try to be mates with their team. You simply cannot be an effective supervisor if you are off drinking with the same lads during the Euros and then the next day have to fcuk then out of it for making some silly mistake. You are either a boss or a mate, not both. And yet so many bosses out there just don't get this and happily tag along with their team at lunch and work nights out :mad::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Right, no laughing at this.

Driving along the M50 behind a car towing a horse box. I am driving along for a bit and then notice that the back of the horsebox is leaking.
    The water is hiting the road and spraying my car.
    I drive along thinking how odd it is that the horsebox is leaking.

And then I realise.
    The horse in the horsebox is having a piss.
    And my nice clean car is now covered in horse piss.

Fecking stinks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Driving along the M50 behind a car towing a horse box. I am driving along for a bit and then notice that the back of the horsebox is leaking.

And then I realise.

Fecking stinks too.
    Baptism of Equine Urine. :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

And then I realise.

Fecking stinks too.
    Golden Shower!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

I got a private room in a hostel thinking I would sleep better. If it weren't the hostel from hell, maybe. I've closed the window but it and the door may asweel be gone, I can hear every word people are saying in every direction. On top of only one hour sleep last night I'm begining to get a headache :(

Also TA my phone is using the new boards mobile site and it confuses me slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was trying to take a photo with my phone but the screen was staying blank ,I tried punching every button but no luck.After calling it every F*ing F word I realised that I'd written a phone number on a yellow post-it and tucked it into the phone cover blocking the camera....I just shouldn't be left near any thing techy.

• Advertisement

Another night and another deep longing for chippies. Oh Gods why did you not bestow upon me a fast metabolism? Or at least a strong motivation and desire to exercise? Why must I suffer so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement