Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

The craving for ice cream is seriously conflicting with my trying to be healthy. This is very trivially annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that I didn't appreciate two fully working nostrils when I could breathe through them!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm not sure I like the new mobile site.
    T/A I don't like change... What was wrong with the old one!?? Waaaaahh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I'm close to punching a wall - can't take NSAIDS which previously would have helped my back pain, and it seems now my hip and joint pain.
    Hoping dr tomorrow can offer me something thats not opiates.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

**** on rickshaws. Trying to cross at Beckett bridge earlier, green man on to cross but a fleet of these cúnts keep coming thru the traffic lights despite the light being red. I fúcking hope a bus careers one down the Quays, serve the cúnts right. :mad:

Oh and did I mention they were cúnts too? Yeah, well, they are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Friend situations that one should really be over, but can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have some kind of eye infection and I cant decide if I should go to the optician or doctor. I don't want to go to either and be told to go to the other - the funds can barely cover a visit to one. Do opticians have the power to prescribe antiobiotics? Or is it better to go straight to GP? Also the effort of going anywhere... Massive TA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I have some kind of eye infection and I cant decide if I should go to the optician or doctor. I don't want to go to either and be told to go to the other - the funds can barely cover a visit to one. Do opticians have the power to prescribe antiobiotics? Or is it better to go straight to GP? Also the effort of going anywhere... Massive TA

Ta'd that you have an eye infection. What about the pharmacist (free), they should be able to advise you there :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In the changing room before a footy match last night I was doing a bit of stretching. One of the lads was saying how he doesn't stretch and needs to start. I start preaching about how since I started doing it more as I'm getting older, I'm not picking up and muscle injuries any more.

10 minutes into the game, I pull my hammy and limp off.

northgirl wrote: »
    Ta'd that you have an eye infection. What about the pharmacist (free), they should be able to advise you there :o

They probably wouldn't be able to give me anything effective without a prescription. TA nanny state that doesn't trust us not to become junkies if we are given medicine without first forking out 60 quid for a scribbled prescription. TA also blatant policy to keep doctors and pharmacists on the inflated wages they have enjoyed for so long.

• Advertisement

When your gut is telling you a possible decision is bad, even though you're not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

When your gut is telling you a possible decision is bad, even though you're not sure.

TA I thought this was a dig at IBS :pac:
    I am TA that I've been off bread for a while for my own good and craving it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

They probably wouldn't be able to give me anything effective without a prescription. TA nanny state that doesn't trust us not to become junkies if we are given medicine without first forking out 60 quid for a scribbled prescription. TA also blatant policy to keep doctors and pharmacists on the inflated wages they have enjoyed for so long.

Was thinking they could suggest whether you should go to the doctor or optician not prescribe something..

TA'd at medical costs I have incurred the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

People who need their hand held through life.

How do these people get through adulthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Worse still when you make the wrong decision and realise your gut was right...and then wonder why you didn't listen to it.

There's a chungfla sitting across from me. He's talking on the phone and making angry noises. He has slapped the table a few times and held his head in his hands while saying "fcuk".
    "Yeah yeah yeah. Nooooo! Stupid...mumble mumble.......sigh...ok baby I love you too"

After his chat he says to himself "ok calm down calm down".
    Gods love him but he's annoying me on this morning.

My alarm didn't go off which means I have to get a taxi and might still be a few minutes late and I lost my key for work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Sick to the back teeth of work.....not getting paid anywhere enough to put up with this ****

scdublin wrote: »
    Worse still when you make the wrong decision and realise your gut was right...and then wonder why you didn't listen to it.

I've done that multiple times. My gut is usually always right. But sometimes it's hard to tell what is a gut reaction and what is general anxiety.

Oh, and I'm TA'd by that, Boom_Bap :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you try throw something in a bin, miss and have to make the walk of shame across the room to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That in the 'random videos' thread in the cool pics and vids forum, you have to go to the advanced posting options to get to the youtube embedding code, rather than having it on the basic/default posting options.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    That in the 'random videos' thread in the cool pics and vids forum, you have to go to the advanced posting options to get to the youtube embedding code, rather than having it on the basic/default posting options.

It's not that hard to do it yourself. Just type [.youtube] YouTube url [./youtube] (without the .s)

My left earbud has stopped working in my headphones and now I keep thinking I'm going deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Go to your GP, an optician cant prescribe antibiotics.
    Now, there's some free pharmacy advice, designed not to inflate my colleagues wages any further. ;)

TA that people presume doctors and pharmacists don't earn their wages when they haven't a clue what the work actually entails.

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Go to your GP, an optician cant prescribe antibiotics.
    Now, there's some free pharmacy advice, designed not to inflate my colleagues wages any further. ;)

TA that people presume doctors and pharmacists don't earn their wages when they haven't a clue what the work actually entails.

Yes they annoy me too, thankfully I am not presuming ;) TA people who presume others don't know what they are talking about because they said something not nice.

Also the fúcking luas cross city works, digging up the entire street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It's not that hard to do it yourself. Just type [.youtube] YouTube url [./youtube] (without the .s)

My TA about that is that you got to delete the start of the YouTube url.

TA is that lately I find myself actually saying, "major tee-aaay" in real life when something annoys me :o

When you are waiting for a text back from someone important and you are worried they are píssed with you and then you get a message from someone you are due to meet at 1pm saying "on my way" - ah here. I fúcking know you're on your way in order to be there at 1. Why are you sending me unnecessary, inane messages and getting my hopes up thinking the message might be from someone else :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Why are you sending me unnecessary, inane messages.................. :mad:
    because this person is thinking of number one in self - important fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

5rtytry56 wrote: »

Trivial annoyance - other people

My TA about that is that you got to delete the start of the YouTube url.

I believe they may have solved that ages back.

Yup. Just copy and paste the entire URL and it works.

My TA now is that I have to go to the dentist and I know full well that, despite my being a full grown adult, I'm going to be acting like a scared little child at it. Last time I went, the dentist was saying, "good boy, you're doing a really good job" .. I was 28.

• Advertisement

5rtytry56 wrote: »

what?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement