Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Middle aged women in supermarket queues,you know the type, short hair and a sense of 'entitlement'.I was behind one in supervalu today, she was taking stuff out of the trolley slow as you like,whilst engaging in innane chatter with the cashier (another short haired middle aged oulone) i had the bare faced cheek to glance at my watch,not that I was in a rush in any way,its just a habit of mine.Cashier sees this,and half heartedly says 'sorry about this,we're up to our eyes today because of the rain'.This amused me,so i cheerfully replied ah yer grand love im in no hurry. Upon hearing this the c*ntface ahead of me turns and says 'there's a self counter up there,maybe you should use that in future,most of your stuff is alcohol anyways'.At this point I just threw my eyes to the floor,because had i opened my mouth to the fat ugly geebag i would have torn strips off her and definitely would've gotten meself barred from the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Middle aged women in supermarket queues,you know the type, short hair and a sense of 'entitlement'.I was behind one in supervalu today, she was taking stuff out of the trolley slow as you like,whilst engaging in innane chatter with the cashier (another short haired middle aged oulone) i had the bare faced cheek to glance at my watch,not that I was in a rush in any way,its just a habit of mine.Cashier sees this,and half heartedly says 'sorry about this,we're up to our eyes today because of the rain'.This amused me,so i cheerfully replied ah yer grand love im in no hurry. Upon hearing this the c*ntface ahead of me turns and says 'there's a self counter up there,maybe you should use that in future,most of your stuff is alcohol anyways'.At this point I just threw my eyes to the floor,because had i opened my mouth to the fat ugly geebag i would have torn strips off her and definitely would've gotten meself barred from the shop.

Urgh this is beyond TA! I wouldn't have held back if that happened to me. I'd have taken her head off and told her to mind her own fúcking business. TA I cant figure out if everyone else is too reasonable or if I am too unreasonable. I often read these TA's where people are like "I had to walk away" or "I had to bite my tongue" and I'm twitching thinking of what I would have done :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My TA is that cunnox and his greedy bastard family who robbed the money form Console.
    Set upafter his own sister died from suicide.

A pox on all his houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Or replied, if she did it would free up these check-outs, wouldn't have anyone to chat to....(meow):cool:
    (it's a T.A of mine too)

Those bullshít lists of things to do to be healthier/save money etc. One I read just now was 10 little known ways to be healthier and they were all actually very well known, like drinking more water and consuming less salt. The most annoying however was the "bring an apple to work" one. It continued, "you should always grab (grab?) an apple on the way to work, and leave it prominently displayed on your desk. When the munchies hit, it will be the first thing you grab (grab?), and you wont be tempted by the sticky buns in the kitchen" ah please like ffs. What kind of person would forego a sticky bun notwithstanding that obtaining said bun requires slightly more effort, because they can "grab" an apple on their desk. Fúck off with your condescending claptrap would ya. Grab an apple... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My desk is in an open plan office, but very close to a meeting room. Whenever a meeting runs over (which is a TA in itself) the attendants of the following meeting stand around near my desk, usually having loud conversations. So distracting, and trivially annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

D!ckheads who play music across the headsets/voice communication channel during online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Those bullshít lists of things to do to be healthier/save money etc. One I read just now was 10 little known ways to be healthier and they were all actually very well known, like drinking more water and consuming less salt. The most annoying however was the "bring an apple to work" one. It continued, "you should always grab (grab?) an apple on the way to work, and leave it prominently displayed on your desk. When the munchies hit, it will be the first thing you grab (grab?), and you wont be tempted by the sticky buns in the kitchen" ah please like ffs. What kind of person would forego a sticky bun notwithstanding that obtaining said bun requires slightly more effort, because they can "grab" an apple on their desk. Fúck off with your condescending claptrap would ya. Grab an apple... :mad:

I hate the ones like ''you've been doing this wrong your whole life, 20 reasons you are a crap husband, 5 foods that will give you cancer that change every week. really smug bollocks that delights in telling you where you're going wrong in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was watching Ear To The Ground and Ella Mcsweeney was on. Jaysus would she ever get that bloody mole under her left nostril removed. I was nearly going over to to the telly and doing that famous mammy thing of spitting on a tissue and trying to rub it off her face. Like a big black bogey. Not the most appealing facial embellishment for someone in front of a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being extra short, I have to pump up my car seat a lot to have a good view while driving. Almost everytime I get back into the car again, it has gone right back down. Today I couldn't see in the rearview at all, it had gone down so low. I think my car is haunted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Stick a mountain of cushions on seat.

TA'd at my procrastinating levels. Really need to knuckle down and get sh!t done.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Seagulls screeching at all hours.....cúnts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Having to clear out my car as it's going to be serviced.
    Paying all that money for the car to be serviced.
    Coming up soon: NCT and car insurance due :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

There is only 1 toilet in our office, it's a Unisex one. It also has an extract fan which comes on when you turn on the light.

My TA is people not using said extract fan after dropping a nuke in the toilet. THAT'S WHAT ITS THERE FOR!! Spraying a heap of air "freshener" doesn't help. This morning I walked in there and my eyes started to water it was so bad. So I did my business quickly and walked out, and who went in after me? The very hot girl from aco*****.

IT WASN"T ME!!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd at the taxi driver in front of me this morning. Obviously not paying attention as the lights turned green. I hooted him after about 10 seconds. The lights went red. Taxi driver proceeds to put the foot on the gas and plough through the red light and turn right, almost causing an accident because of it. Twat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Update on the dog issue - home visit went well, picking her up (Kate), which won't be weird at all when we're shouting her name across a park at 12:45.

TA - the visit took 4 minutes, they looked at the back garden and said that's fine and were gone.

My left butcheek is sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Topped up the ink on the date stamp on my desk. Did it as carefully as possible. Still got so much ink on my fingers it looks like the Garda have fingerprinted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    My TA is that cunnox and his greedy bastard family who robbed the money form Console.
    Set upafter his own sister died from suicide.

A pox on all his houses!

It's absolutely disgusting!

And further to that the fact that probably nothing will be done about it! More than T/A's me, makes me livid! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

when someone asks you to do something simple but it took longer to walk over and explain it than actually doing it them selves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

My left butcheek is sore.

Both of mine are sore. Squats, ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

TA'd at the gestapo closing down one of the best threads in a/hrs

People in work watching what everyone else is doing and not even trying to be discrete about it.

People commenting on my lunch.

Small talk.

People poncing around in faux hysteria and panic and barking orders thinking it makes them look important and busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

armaghlad wrote: »
    TA'd at the gestapo closing down one of the best threads in a/hrs

Which was...?

This just happened me a few minutes ago and it really annoyed me. A woman in a shop said to me, "excuse me do you have the exact time?" as she pointed at my watch. Two things about this annoyed me.

1. If I have a watch, you can take it as a given that if I tell you the time, it will be exact. I'm hardly going to step outside and check the sun's position in order to tell the time

2. As she said this, she also started walking away in a hurry so that I got really flustered and had to digest the request and raise my arm, look at my watch, read it and put it into words really quickly. Like, if you ask me for a favour, at least stick around long enough for me to do it.

A simple..."how is that relevant? Can bad manners cease to become bad manners because of the contents of someone's shopping basket?" would have left her without a good answer but given the shop no reason to ban you.

...and on a similar note. Waiting for ages at the customer service desk in Tesco while the person on duty puts through a whole lot of transactions for a fellow employee, chatting as they go. I'm certainly not against Tesco employees getting perks or special deals (which I assume is what it's about), but do customers need to be kept waiting while it's done? Why not have a special till tucked away somewhere just for that purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

When I'm driving within the speed limit on a narrowish road and the driver behind hoots their horn to let them overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

When I'm in the cinema and a well known actor appears on one of the ads and the person beside you is like "oh that's what's his name" and then proceeds to loudly try to remember the actor's name.

Alternatively, an unknown Irish actor makes an appearance in the film with a distinctive Irish accent and the person beside you "THEY'RE IRISH!!"

Really trivial annoyances but is it really so shocking to have an Irish actor in a film, and does it matter what the actor's name is in the middle of the film..... Just check it after!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Have a pain in me stomach, starting to annoy me now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement