Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I need to lose a stone. I'm so hungry, and there are food annoyances everywhere. I don't have an apple on my desk that I can "grab". And there are no sticky buns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I need to gain 2 stone and failed the past 2years of trying, very TA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I decided to bring half my wardrobe downstairs and binge iron everything but I think the iron isn't working properly which is probably down to lack of use

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had to take the shopping trolley to three different trolley bays to get back my token, nothing happening at the first two :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Boards is all over the place today. Constantly getting new notifications when threads haven't been updated.

TA at technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Paying €800+ to an insurance company for a tiny square of paper to stick on the car windscreen.

... And I have to print the kunting thing myself............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This just happened me a few minutes ago and it really annoyed me. A woman in a shop said to me, "excuse me do you have the exact time?" as she pointed at my watch. Two things about this annoyed me.

1. If I have a watch, you can take it as a given that if I tell you the time, it will be exact. I'm hardly going to step outside and check the sun's position in order to tell the time

2. As she said this, she also started walking away in a hurry so that I got really flustered and had to digest the request and raise my arm, look at my watch, read it and put it into words really quickly. Like, if you ask me for a favour, at least stick around long enough for me to do it.

You should have just answered the question she asked.

"Yes, yes I do have the exact time" and turn and walk away, leaving her flummoxed.

My TA, not being to add little smiley things to my post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Non mixer taps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Chatterboxes.

My feelings :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My feelings :(

Cheer up kid

TA: TV on blink...causing home and away to flicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TA:
    PMs acting up on boards/full boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My TA, for years I thought Morris Albert was singing about Felix.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the tired format of quiz shows which simply tee up pre-rehearsed jokes for comedian guests.

some are far worse offenders than others...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Taking the garbage out when the bag keeps bumping against my leg then spinning in my hand. Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

My dinner is all gone :(

s4uv3 wrote: »
    My dinner is all gone :(

I bet you are still hungry? That's my TA, still starving after my dinner earlier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

73Cat wrote: »
    I bet you are still hungry? That's my TA, still starving after my dinner earlier :(

No >.>
    Might have found biscuits <.<.

TA that my tea is all gone now :pac:

Parents who use words like "silly" and "stupid" to describe things their innocent little kids do. Then their child goes into crèche and uses the same words to describe the actions of other little kids, kids whose own parents would never, ever undermine their child's fragile self-confidence by describing things they do in such terms.
    I can imagine the "I was only messing" explanation by said parent. Kids are super sensitive and need to be loved, supported and encouraged. They don't need to get an idiosyncratic adult's "humour".

• Advertisement

Also, people who talk when in a room where somebody is giving a talk. You, my fellow adult, do not have to be there.

In the first place, I want to listen to them and understand what they're talking about - that is why I'm there - so I don't welcome your attempts to talk to me. Fine, if you don't understand something that was said take a note of it and ask me at the break. No problem. In the second place, and most importantly, it's just disrespectful to the person who went to the bother of preparing the talk. Just leave the room and do everybody a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who can never keep things on a business level and always feel the need to get personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People who abruptly talk loudly over the person who is talking, arseholes and they tend to have nothing funny to say or just waffle.

People who start talking by using your name even though you are clearly mid conversation with someone else, normally happens in work. Quick, quick, I and my bull**** are more important than you. I love ignoring them or just turn use their name, "we are in the middle of something you can wait but we could be a while." Polite **** off if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

it's long in the past now, but being called by the "as gaeilge" version of my name when in Irish class used to raise my hackles!! Nothing against 'Liam' but that's not who I am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

it's long in the past now, but being called by the "as gaeilge" version of my name when in Irish class used to raise my hackles!! Nothing against 'Liam' but that's not who I am!!

A few people have called me by the English version of my name, oh you better believe that TA'd me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My diet was going really well but apparently I fell off the wagon last night after a few scoops. When I opened the fridge, half a ball of fresh mozzarella was clinging to life having lost its other half. There were crumbs on the counter and crumbs in the mayonnaise and the sandwich maker was dirty. Oh yes ONW had a drunken dirty big toasted mozzarella sandwich last night! :mad: TA the number of calories consumed and I don't even remember how good the crime felt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My diet was going really well but apparently I fell off the wagon last night after a few scoops. When I opened the fridge, half a ball of fresh mozzarella was clinging to life having lost its other half. There were crumbs on the counter and crumbs in the mayonnaise and the sandwich maker was dirty. Oh yes ONW had a drunken dirty big toasted mozzarella sandwich last night! :mad: TA the number of calories consumed and I don't even remember how good the crime felt!

Sure was probably nothing compared to the calories in the few scoops

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've been in the market for an insert stove for the last couple of months, I know the one I want, (Stanley Cara Insert - matt black).
    I've been to the showroom to look at them, and had the fitter out to the house, all good to go, bonus is that Waterford Stanley were having a summer sale, which meant €200 off the stove I wanted.

All I had to do was call the fitter to get the job started/done (money is there ready for it too).
    I look on the Waterford Stanley website and the summer sale ended on June 20th!!

TA'd that because I'm a lazy useless b**t*rd, and didn't call up to get the job done 2/3 weeks ago (when there was nothing stopping me), it's now going to cost me an additional €200 for the same stove!

I had a longing for a breakfast roll, and went up to the shop to find they had no fried eggs left. It's not a proper one without an egg, so I had to come home and fry an egg to put in it, whilst half dead with the hunger :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that I'm so hungry I'd eat the arse out of a low flying duck but I have a call at 11 so don't have time to go to the shop before then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement