Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

kfallon wrote: »
    TA'd that I'm so hungry I'd eat the arse out of a low flying duck but I have a call at 11 so don't have time to go to the shop before then

I am just back from our local cafe and had their 'big breakfast'. The works.
    But my TA is that the toast was more like bread that had a brief acquaintance with the toaster.....
    Rest of the breakie was yummy. And filling. I had the fried eggs, not the scrambled ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

OldNotWIse wrote:
    My diet was going really well but apparently I fell off the wagon last night after a few scoops. When I opened the fridge, half a ball of fresh mozzarella was clinging to life having lost its other half. There were crumbs on the counter and crumbs in the mayonnaise and the sandwich maker was dirty. Oh yes ONW had a drunken dirty big toasted mozzarella sandwich last night! TA the number of calories consumed and I don't even remember how good the crime felt!

Maybe you burnt off a few calories that you can't remember ðŸ˜
    The Fear I had yesterday has subsided a little today,it hasn't happened in a long time but god I suffered yesterday mentally and physically.TAd at the price that has to be paid for a good night out.Never again..........😭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd that I'm not on anyone's favourite Boardsie list. *sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Winterlong wrote: »
    I am just back from our local cafe and had their 'big breakfast'. The works.
    But my TA is that the toast was more like bread that had a brief acquaintance with the toaster.....
    Rest of the breakie was yummy. And filling. I had the fried eggs, not the scrambled ones.

TA'd that you are not helping my hunger :mad: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Colser wrote: »
    Maybe you burnt off a few calories that you can't remember ðŸ˜
    The Fear I had yesterday has subsided a little today,it hasn't happened in a long time but god I suffered yesterday mentally and physically.TAd at the price that has to be paid for a good night out.Never again..........😭

Doubt it, given the foul mood my ball and chain was in when I got home.:p

TA not being single and missing freedom and not being accountable to someone all the time.

Also, I put my left lens in my right eye and vice versa this morning and so one is under corrected and the other is over corrected. It's slight, but enough to be a TA and in the absence of saline, it will have to stay that way :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My diet was going really well but apparently I fell off the wagon last night after a few scoops. When I opened the fridge, half a ball of fresh mozzarella was clinging to life having lost its other half. There were crumbs on the counter and crumbs in the mayonnaise and the sandwich maker was dirty. Oh yes ONW had a drunken dirty big toasted mozzarella sandwich last night! :mad: TA the number of calories consumed and I don't even remember how good the crime felt!

It's close to impossible to not have something to eat after a few drinks - could have been way worse as well like chipper or pizza!

TA'd that I just had a conversation about something that annoyed me months ago, and now that it's in my head it's kind of annoying me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you hold the door open for someone who's on the phone, and they don't even give you a little smile to say thanks! Pr!ck. Just happened to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

There's a brand new wedding dress for sale at a charity shop nearby. I'm annoyed I don't know if that's sad or good. Bad breakup? Narrow escape? Illness? I want the story, goram it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I finished work yesterday for the summer which I was excited about but yesterday morning I woke up with a cold!!!!

I had to leave after dinner on our staff party night out.

I now have no taste and no sense of smell and I have to go to the doctor because my asthma is killing me.

I'm a lot more than TA'd actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

KatW4 wrote: »
    I finished work yesterday for the summer.

I'm sorry but any trivial annoyance starting with this line can't be allowed

TA at how jealous I am of teachers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

TA that I bought a new black pencil skirt for work to replace one that always rides up.

Well the new one rides up too ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that I bought a new black pencil skirt for work to replace one that always rides up.

Well the new one rides up too ! :mad:

I'm trivially happy at that and also, pics!!! :p

TA'd that time is crawling along today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Well the new one rides up too !

TA I can predict the replies to this post ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

wally79 wrote:
    I'm sorry but any trivial annoyance starting with this line can't be allowed

TA at how jealous I am of teachers

I didn't decide on my Summer holidays. My TA is as valid as anyone's. Major TA that people get a bee in their bonnets about my holidays.

My other TA is the doctors waiting room. There is a family here waiting and one brother has taken something from his little brother. The mother just said "I'll give you a fiver if you gave it back to him!" Ridiculous.

Also if she chews her chewing gum any harder, her jaw will fall off. Bloody disgusting!!! Ugh!

I had the strangest experience.

I was trying on dresses. Found one that had buttons in the front. I ask the sales girl's opinion.
    Girl "It's lovely..blaa..blaa..the top button is open".
    Me "Ah that's ok. I want to show a little bit of cleavage instead of being all buttoned up".
    Girl "Well if you're comfortable like that but are you able to close it".
    Me "(wtf) this bra is padded. It will close with a regular one".

She is standing there looking at me kind of shocked. "Why are you wearing a padded bra!" Says I it's because I want to.
    Says she "I'm not wearing any. You have a big bust. You don't need one"

What the actual fuuck. I'm a frigging B cup and what's it to ya anyway! Big bust? It's a piece of miraculous bra engineering courtesy of Calvin Klein!
    She's still standing there looking at me and just says "I don't know what happened there. My apologies".

I bought the dress :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Someone across the road from me has a fire lighting. Smoke billowing out the chimney at the moment.

It's 15c and sunny here at the moment. What is wrong with people? No wonder fuel prices are so high in this country, 1st of July isn't the time to be burning solid fuels :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Feeling drained all day, decided a 15-20min kip would help me pick up.
    Someone came into room to tell me a story I had already heard, because I was also in the same room 20mins before with the original story teller.
    Try having a quick sleep again - same person comes in saying I should not be lazy just because I returned from uni.
    Left, then 10mins later came in saying "you said you seen those soldiers in the town, did you take a photo". I says no why the hell would I, I don't give a damn.
    Then they get offended saying "Its what they stand for."
    Yes, men playing dress up, sad everyone died, now let me ****ing sleep and don't tell me what I should and should not care about.

I need a ****ing lock on my door. :mad:

I went shopping today for a surprise summer maternity dress for my ghrá geal and a little gúna for my roguish divilment-filled 18-month-old. I adore strong, vibrant, vivacious colours - vibrant orange, vibrant green, vibrant yellow, vibrant blue - like this. It's a battle to find them in this country. Why are the vast majority of clothes in Ireland dark puritanical colours - grey, black, dark blue, etc? The remainder seem to be these flowery mish-mash of light colours that look confused and lack definition full of frilly white lace hanging out of all sorts of places - often like bad lace curtains from about 1958. Yes, I fully, fully, fully get this "dark colours are slimming" - but if you're wearing dark colours people are going to assume you're trying to hide something anyway! You'll hide yourself through your youth with that hangup.

It's long-past the time that Irish fashion stopped offering Irish people clothes worthy of a wake and fill shops up with clothes that match the vibrancy of youth and beauty and the sunny weather. These days won"t last long, alas!

Felt unproductive all day - eventually scanned in some work to colour on p/s and I messed up the registration marks, but was so bitterly annoyed I continued and just got angrier and angrier as it went on.
    Tomorrow is another day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Pubs that have signs in their windows & car parks that say "Food Served All Day"......but if you go into them in the middle of the afternoon, you'll be told that they aren't serving food yet, as the chef doesn't come in until 6pm, or they don't start serving food again until 4.30.

Well, take down your fcuking sign that says you serve food all day long then. Pricks ! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Waking up early on the one morning I should be having a sleep in. Pesky body clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A dog belonging to one of the neighbours has taken to howling out the back at approximately 3am every morning. Only last night , it decided to give a few more random bursts of it each time I'd managed to doze off again.
    This evening a group of us are going out, one being the woman who gives me ire. I'm already breaking out in a rash at the thoughts of the sound of her voice banging on. Would it be too evil to wish a dose of the galloping trots on her, so she can't come?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I had the strangest experience.

I was trying on dresses. Found one that had buttons in the front. I ask the sales girl's opinion.
    Girl "It's lovely..blaa..blaa..the top button is open".
    Me "Ah that's ok. I want to show a little bit of cleavage instead of being all buttoned up".
    Girl "Well if you're comfortable like that but are you able to close it".
    Me "(wtf) this bra is padded. It will close with a regular one".

She is standing there looking at me kind of shocked. "Why are you wearing a padded bra!" Says I it's because I want to.
    Says she "I'm not wearing any. You have a big bust. You don't need one"

What the actual fuuck. I'm a frigging B cup and what's it to ya anyway! Big bust? It's a piece of miraculous bra engineering courtesy of Calvin Klein!
    She's still standing there looking at me and just says "I don't know what happened there. My apologies".

I bought the dress :)

You asked for her opinion in fairness. She seemed to be trying to tell you that either you should go up a size or the boobs spilling out was not a good look. I'd say anymore she'll just tell people they look great to avoid any awkwardness.

TA for being too hungover for clothes shopping today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

People that leave the milk out on the counter top all day.... just so they don't have to get it back time they make tea.

Also people who say your name wrong. Even after years.

Also people who say your name wrong. Even after years.

Birthday/Christmas cards from aunts and uncles spelt wrong every year.
    (The fact they get me a card is lovely though).

-

Was given an appointment for spinal clinic about 3 months ago, I decided I did not need to go, so I rang up the clinic and explained to the person that traveling 3hrs for something not needed was pointless, and to cancel it. Done.

Just got a letter today saying "You failed to attend your appointment without informing us, so we have now discharged you from the clinic."

Ah **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

People that leave the milk out on the counter top all day.... just so they don't have to get it back time they make tea.

Yeah, the older guys in work will leave butter and milk out on the table for ages after they finish with it and are always complaining about how "stuff you buy nowadays goes off so fast :mad:"

Put it back in the fridge when you are finished with it you numpty.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yeah, the older guys in work will leave butter and milk out on the table for ages after they finish with it and are always complaining about how "stuff you buy nowadays goes off so fast :mad:"

Put it back in the fridge when you are finished with it you numpty.

I find its very much an older person thing. There is a client I go to in their home & they use the warm countertop milk on there breakfast & as a glass of milk. Each to their own but warm milk would personally turn my stomach.
    Hahah it's like people that leave biscuits lying open & then complain when they take a stale one from the top of the packet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Traded a game into Cex there.
    . Guy wanted to give me the 20 euros in wait for it
    . 20c coin as that's all he had in his till

• Advertisement

You asked for her opinion in fairness. She seemed to be trying to tell you that either you should go up a size or the boobs spilling out was not a good look. I'd say anymore she'll just tell people they look great to avoid any awkwardness.

TA for being too hungover for clothes shopping today. :(

No that's not accurate :)
    The dress fitted. The buttons would close with a different bra. My boobs were held inside nicely.
    I chose to leave the top button open. I chose to wear the bra I wore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement