Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Bad breath & body odour. Is there any excuse for it in this day & age?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Let the eyebrow lady talk me into getting my brows tinted :( A terrible, terrible mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

There's a brand new wedding dress for sale at a charity shop nearby. I'm annoyed I don't know if that's sad or good. Bad breakup? Narrow escape? Illness? I want the story, goram it!!

TA'd it reminds me of a similar situation. I saw a notice sawing the GSPCA had found a lost snake on Augustine street. Who loses a snake and what kind? So annoyed I still don't know :mad:

TA'd I have to go shopping for a dress for a wedding and apparently my aunts and mum are wearing dark blue and pink, my usual colours so now I have no idea what to wear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Also people who say your name wrong. Even after years.
    People who name their siblings and include their own name (instead of saying me)
    failinis wrote: »

Was given an appointment for spinal clinic about 3 months ago, I decided I did not need to go, so I rang up the clinic and explained to the person that traveling 3hrs for something not needed was pointless, and to cancel it. Done.

Just got a letter today saying "You failed to attend your appointment without informing us, so we have now discharged you from the clinic."

I got a hospital appointment in February for a scan in September, I rang a few weeks after I received the letter, saying i'll get it done privately myself and I just need a referral letter for it, receptionist/secretary in the hospital checked the notes and said she would get on to the doctor and I should have it within a week, never received it rang again and enquired about it, so sorry, we'll send it out again, you should have it within a few days, just let us know when it's done, still nothing, so rang to confirm my appointment in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Let the eyebrow lady talk me into getting my brows tinted :( A terrible, terrible mistake.

In France for a month, beautician had very little English, and i had little french.
    Go for eyebrow wax... beautician gestures to my lips, to see if I'd like that done.
    T/A not knowing I had a Ronnie until that day. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My nose is peeling. Stupid cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you go to the CNN website and click on an article you want to read but it starts playing a video with audio in a wee small box that you then have to go and find and stop.
    The UK Independent have started doing that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't hardly walk this morning cause I thought it would be a great idea to do a fitness class yesterday morning before a big night out. TA'd that I am slightly hungover but the muscle soreness is just adding to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TAd myself..hummed and hawed about a good Gym offer for the last few weeks,went in to sign up yesterday and it had finished on Thursday.Not the first time my indecision has come back to bite me.😠

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People on youtube who paint their hair weird colours ,
    men who dye their hair green,purple ,
    why would a 30 year man dye half their hair green,
    i don,t understand .
    Its like wearing leather trousers only acceptable if you are a biker or heavy metal singer .
    websites that play ads with with sound ,
    ads should be silent unless i click play .
    punk music is dead,this is not 1979,
    leave your hair as it is ,or dye it black or brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When you're making boiled egg.

You make the tea cut your soldiers get the table set.

Then you crack your egg and HARD BOILED.

https://s31.postimg.org/8ykbnlrmj/Noooo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Winterlong wrote: »
    Waking up early on the one morning I should be having a sleep in. Pesky body clock.

This is the worst time of the year for that because it's so bright early in the morning. You wake up on a weekend morning, all delighted that you had a wee sleep in. Then you check the clock and it's 06:30am and you can't get back to sleep.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Winterlong wrote:
    When you go to the CNN website and click on an article you want to read but it starts playing a video with audio in a wee small box that you then have to go and find and stop. The UK Independent have started doing that too.

When it plays suddenly on full volume :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My neighbour's yappy dog that they leave outside while she barks at nothing.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

A sibling is home for a few days.

"Are you staying in England after Uni?"
    "Why not go to Europe sure, new country?"
    "Do not come back to NI!"

Jesus, hello and welcome and let me at least finish my degree first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wife doesn't like Mc Donalds

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

TA people who have to be heard by everyone.
    At the Jameson Cult Film Club showing of Rocky and irritating Australian psycho mom who I recognised from my retail days was commenting loudly at everything in front of me in the movie that people told her to shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The taught of work in the morning....FML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA that now the boring work tasks are finished and I can start into the more creative interesting ones, I'm not that excited anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

failinis wrote: »
    A sibling is home for a few days.

"Are you staying in England after Uni?"
    "Why not go to Europe sure, new country?"
    "Do not come back to NI!"

Jesus, hello and welcome and let me at least finish my degree first.

I'm sorry, that this TA's me.....but what Irish person calls university "uni" ? :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm sorry, that this TA's me.....but what Irish person calls university "uni" ? :confused::confused::confused:
    I went to college/university here and directly after in the UK years ago. Everyone in the UK called it 'uni'. I found it a bit of a TA then as I thought it sounded a bit poncey but more and more people here call it 'uni' now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

god's toy wrote:
    Wife doesn't like Mc Donalds

I'm the same as your wife. Not a big fan of fast food as a whole.

As a single man, TA'd that people assume I am incapable of cooking for myself & act surprised when I tell them I can. Supposedly I should have local chipper on speed dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

ProudDUB wrote: »

An Irish person who is studying in England and trying to not stick out like a sore thumb?
    Shint0 wrote: »
    I went to college/university here and directly after in the UK years ago. Everyone in the UK called it 'uni'. I found it a bit of a TA then as I thought it sounded a bit poncey but more and more people here call it 'uni' now too.

Through school it was called Uni and UCAS forms were "Uni forms" might be due to me being from the North though.

TA my phrasing is being questioned :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm the same as your wife. Not a big fan of fast food as a whole.

As a single man, TA'd that people assume I am incapable of cooking for myself & act surprised when I tell them I can. Supposedly I should have local chipper on speed dial.

I get the same thing as a single guy in my 30s.

To be fair, most single fellas in Ireland are looking for a replacement mammy to cook and clean for them when they seek a wife/girlfriend.

I often cringe when i'm around couples my age because the dynamic is that yer man will invariably be completely feckless and needs to be told how to do everything by his partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When the person sitting behind you on the bus has bad ''morning breath''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Was eating a lovely apple this morning. And then bit in to a rotten bit in the middle. A real harsh sour taste.
    The fcking taste of it is still there an hour later. Feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have decided that I hate the radio. Its very rare that it doesn't annoy me. Stations that play shít songs that they clearly pay nothing for. Then there are twáts who only play 75% of a song. Don't play it at all if you don't have time to play the whole thing. There's that awful guy on a morning radio show who talks through his nose. The traffic alerts that are the same every.single.day. The incessant repetition of ads about "actual" good offers and stupid ads where there is a role play between two shít actors that starts with one complimenting the other on a new car/product and the other launching into a fake monologue about how good the product is - who would answer a compliment like that?? Then streams of useless shíte information about celebrities, interviewing kids on their way to school etc. Argh, where is my own music???

..and the constant Hozier!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Getting a small portion of dinner from a counter or canteen and cant ask for more because there is a queue. It always when you are hungry too. Tight bas#@rds!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

people who sit on the outside seat on public transport and then make loud sighs when they have to get out of your way when you go to sit down. I make a point of standing on their toes. they're worse than hitler !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone ever encounter the automatic door that just couldn't be arsed? The automatic door at the entrance to my local supermarket has a serious attitude problem. It only seems to open when you have virtually face planted into it. I'm pretty much on the verge of offering it bribes to let me in. I mean it has one job and it just doesn't want to do it. My underlying fear is, The Rise Of The Machines might be starting at a supermarket door near you.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement