Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Anyone ever encounter the automatic door that just couldn't be arsed? The automatic door at the entrance to my local supermarket has a serious attitude problem. It only seems to open when you have virtually face planted into it. I'm pretty much on the verge of offering it bribes to let me in. I mean it has one job and it just doesn't want to do it. My underlying fear is, The Rise Of The Machines might be starting at a supermarket door near you.:eek:

Maybe you're a ghost but don't realise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

2 day hangovers and im only mid 20s :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our friend is leaving for New Zealand tonight so we all went out last night. When I arrived, there were 4 other girls there that I didn't know. I was the only other girl there but I sat with my boyfriend and his friends that I knew. All night, the girls were pointing at me, making comments and commenting on the fact that I was speaking to my bf's best friend. They were all in their twenties and they were acting like teenagers. It really intimidated me and ruined my night. Very bloody annoyed that I let them ruin my night though.

My other TA is being on steroids and they give me heart palpitations. They are so uncomfortable and unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

KatW4 wrote: »
    Our friend is leaving for New Zealand tonight so we all went out last night. When I arrived, there were 4 other girls there that I didn't know. I was the only other girl there but I sat with my boyfriend and his friends that I knew. All night, the girls were pointing at me, making comments and commenting on the fact that I was speaking to my bf's best friend. They were all in their twenties and they were acting like teenagers. It really intimidated me and ruined my night. Very bloody annoyed that I let them ruin my night though.

My other TA is being on steroids and they give me heart palpitations. They are so uncomfortable and unsettling.

Eugh savages. Some women never grow up hey. I have zero tolerance for female cattiness having spent most of my formative years in the shadow of a flock of bítchy cúnts who liked to put others down to make themselves feel better (though I do like looking them up on FB and LinkedIn every so often and seeing that they have really excelled in life (not) :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Chin hairs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

northgirl wrote: »
    Chin hairs..

I'll see your chin hair and raise you outta control eyebrow hairs.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I'll see your chin hair and raise you outta control eyebrow hairs.:(

I will see your outta control eyebrow hairs and raise you untamed nose hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Winterlong wrote: »
    I will see your outta control eyebrow hairs and raise you untamed nose hairs.

I will see your untamed nose hairs, with more untamed nose hairs and getting ever darker ear hairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When you're on the luas, standing room only but not that busy, then someone comes on and stands so close to you they're actually touching you. Get away from me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People on the luas who insist on wrapping themselves around a pole rather than just holding it. Also people who rest their head against it so their hair touches off my hand while I am holding it. Eugh slimey freaks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

When the batteries die at a very inopportune moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Browsing Boards and over cooked the pasta. Yeuccchh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think I messed up the cake I was baking. I'll cover it in chocolate and hopefully that will improve it.

Stupid hayfever annoys me too, my mouth and eyes are so itchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

OldNotWIse wrote:
    Eugh savages. Some women never grow up hey. I have zero tolerance for female cattiness having spent most of my formative years in the shadow of a flock of bítchy cúnts who liked to put others down to make themselves feel better (though I do like looking them up on FB and LinkedIn every so often and seeing that they have really excelled in life (not) )

It's awful isn't it. Girls are such bitches. Girls are my TA for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My intrepid 6 year old son decided that he would 'explore' the roof of the pumphouse. I now have a hole in the roof of the aforementioned pump house right above the pump. Did I mention the forecasted thunderstorms?*

*No 6 year olds were actually harmed or even ended up with more than a fright from their exploits.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

KatW4 wrote: »

Girls like that are better ignored completely. Don't ever let people like that intimidate you. It's them with the problem not you. I come from a house with 6 brothers so can never tolerate girls bitchy behaviour. I came under fire many times myself from girls like this, as I have always got on well with lads/men.
    The problem lies with them & never you. Chin up & never let them know they've upset you. X

My TA for today is definitely heartburn. Like seriously let me enjoy a slice of bread in peace, leave me alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Backne at 28.. grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I bit my lip earlier and the taste of blood is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I bit my lip earlier and the taste of blood is still there.

hope it was worth it ;)

my TA is people walking out onto the road in front of you without checking for cars first. Infuriating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

everlast75 wrote: »
    hope it was worth it ;)

I was essentially being called fat by two old women but decided to stay quiet. It looks like I was in a fight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

hope it was worth it ;)

my TA is people walking out onto the road in front of you without checking for cars first. Infuriating

My TA is when you look both ways to cross a road (say at a T junction) and some cnut does not indicate, turns in, almost hits you, and looks at you like YOU are the one at fault :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I was essentially being called fat by two old women but decided to stay quiet. It looks like I was in a fight :)

I'd no idea - sorry :/

my TA is starting a film and it being a bit pants but you're committed at this stage :(

I'd no idea - sorry :/

my TA is starting a film and it being a bit pants but you're committed at this stage :(

My husband asks me what I'd like to watch & I give a few suggestions, tell him to have it ready while I get a shower & come back to find him either asleep on the couch or watching soccer or a horror. Both of which I can't stand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

salomon wrote: »
    people who sit on the outside seat on public transport and then make loud sighs when they have to get out of your way when you go to sit down. I make a point of standing on their toes. they're worse than hitler !

When I get on the train and there is one person sitting in each row of seats I always go to the seat with the person sitting on the outside as I know they are such arrogant ***** that they expect not to be moved or be the last seat with nobody beside them.

My train TAs are the pricks that block the exit and then get on the train as you are trying to get off, I step off either way, move it or lose it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Fussy eaters.
    I was recently invited to sunday dinner with cousins of mine. The woman of the house who is well in her 70s had to cook 4 different types of meat. Steak chicken smoked bacon and salmon.
    2 varieties of boiled spuds and one adult would only eat chips.
    There were 7 adults (all over 35 ) at the table and 4 of them had different food on their plates because they wouldn't eat any of the other items. Me? Id eat any and all of the above and be damn appreciative of having a cooked meal being presented to me. Apparently this is commonplace in the house. I told the woman she should make one dinner and let them feck off and cook their own if they didn't like what was on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When someone is referred to as "bubbly", as in an upbeat and chatty personality . Usually applied to women, and sounds worse when applied to men. I'm not an aero bar. I'm not champagne. Don't call me bubbly.

The word "triggered" being ruined by modern usage so it now sounds victim-y. It's now linked with pc safe space ****e, whereas before you could use it to genuinely describe a traumatic event. Even type the word in Google and "memes" appears beside it. It's almost become a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Scumbag writers, producers and directors deciding to put an unneeded sex scene and then the scumbag cinematographers almost always decide to show the man's butt and rarely shows the woman's butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

hope it was worth it ;)

Or as I said in an earlier thread, people checking for cars first, then walking out onto the road anyway

• Advertisement

GMSA wrote: »
    Fussy eaters.
    I was recently invited to sunday dinner with cousins of mine. The woman of the house who is well in her 70s had to cook 4 different types of meat. Steak chicken smoked bacon and salmon.
    2 varieties of boiled spuds and one adult would only eat chips.
    There were 7 adults (all over 35 ) at the table and 4 of them had different food on their plates because they wouldn't eat any of the other items. Me? Id eat any and all of the above and be damn appreciative of having a cooked meal being presented to me. Apparently this is commonplace in the house. I told the woman she should make one dinner and let them feck off and cook their own if they didn't like what was on offer.

Once dated a girl who would only eat something she considered "proper" and not something that wasn't "English" - she was from there. This made it so hard to bring her out for meals. I always wanted to try something new, to eat things I hadn't before -- she wanted meat and three veg.

My TA is when you get those hairs growing in at the side of your mouth. Only get them very rarely, but damn they're uncomfortable. Not sure if anyone else gets that?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement