Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

GMSA wrote: »
    Fussy eaters.
    I was recently invited to sunday dinner with cousins of mine. The woman of the house who is well in her 70s had to cook 4 different types of meat. Steak chicken smoked bacon and salmon.
    2 varieties of boiled spuds and one adult would only eat chips.
    There were 7 adults (all over 35 ) at the table and 4 of them had different food on their plates because they wouldn't eat any of the other items. Me? Id eat any and all of the above and be damn appreciative of having a cooked meal being presented to me. Apparently this is commonplace in the house. I told the woman she should make one dinner and let them feck off and cook their own if they didn't like what was on offer.
    I have experience of this although not from within my own family and it's a huge TA. It can really disrupt social occasions as well. It usually stems from parents spoiling their children and breeding a sense of entitlement into them which can often transfer into other areas of their adult life as well. Parents, just like the mother in this case at seventy years old, end up making a rod for their own back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Random biro marks on shirts / trousers.
    How the funk did I do that?
    Must make sure I put the cap on when not using it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Or as I said in an earlier thread, people checking for cars first, then walking out onto the road anyway

Or people that don't even look and just walk straight out on to the road, just as you're turning the corner. You have to slam on the brakes and hope you don't get rear ended!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Or people that don't even look and just walk straight out on to the road, just as you're turning the corner. You have to slam on the brakes and hope you don't get rear ended!

Parents who push their child's buggy out from between parked cars without checking whether there's a car coming. Should be jailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

maudgonner wrote: »
    Parents who push their child's buggy out from between parked cars without checking whether there's a car coming. Should be jailed.

This reminds me of another TA I have. When parents are walking along a path and they let their toddler or very young child run ahead. Like seriously once they are more than six feet away from you if they decide in their unpredictable toddler wisdom to bolt out in front of a car, you wont get to them on time to prevent an accident. Same when you see little three year olds riding on ahead on scooters and bikes. It just gives me bad nerves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

maudgonner wrote: »

Ah, the good old "Childozer" as I call it.

Lead with the child! Walking straight at people on the footpath, walking out into the middle of traffic, blocking paths/aisles!

Sure people will stop and/or get out of the way.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Ah, the good old "Childozer" as I call it.

Lead with the child! Walking straight at people on the footpath, walking out into the middle of traffic, blocking paths/aisles!

Sure people will stop and/or get out of the way.

Also taking people's ankles off from behind with the buggy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This reminds me of another TA I have. When parents are walking along a path and they let their toddler or very young child run ahead. Like seriously once they are more than six feet away from you if they decide in their unpredictable toddler wisdom to bolt out in front of a car, you wont get to them on time to prevent an accident. Same when you see little three year olds riding on ahead on scooters and bikes. It just gives me bad nerves!

My TA, overprotecting children. The responsibility is on drivers if they think a toddler on a path might make an unpredictable move.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Colleagues interfering with food in work that's not theirs :mad:

Oymyakon wrote: »
    My TA, overprotecting children. The responsibility is on drivers if they think a toddler on a path might make an unpredictable move.

I'm not really a fan of relying on other people's common sense to keep a child safe and I don't think stopping your child from running out in front of a car is over protective, but I suppose it's a subjective view so there is no right or wrong. I always slow down when I see it happening as I don't want the death of a child (or anyone!) on my conscience or insurance premium :p

• Advertisement

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Colleagues interfering with food in work that's not theirs :mad:

Or the food commentary. Bring in anything remotely "different" and there's a stream of oohs and aahs and "oh I'd love that but I'm trying to be good". The worst is reheated last night's dinner. Sends them into meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

After years of promising, I've finally started taking some exercise again. I decided to be realistic this time - I hate running and find cycling a bit boring so I'm not going to keep them up if I go that route. I love swimming though so bit the bullet and paid up for a gym with a pool.

Again with the realism, I start slow - I'm not going to manage anywhere near what I used to be able to do years ago and start with a really gentle programme to build up my fitness and stamina slowly.

3 days in and I've already strained a muscle in my arm and have to lay off for a few days to let it recover! I'm a fcuken crock.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm not really a fan of relying on other people's common sense to keep a child safe and I don't think stopping your child from running out in front of a car is over protective

When you put it like that, of course it's not being over-protective, but I think not allowing your child to walk/cycle/scoot(?) on a footpath without being tied to you is being over-protective.

Oymyakon wrote: »
    When you put it like that, of course it's not being over-protective, but I think not allowing your child to walk/cycle/scoot(?) on a footpath without being tied to you is being over-protective.

Like I said, its a subjective view so no "right" or "wrong". I don't like when people tell others how to parent, and not being one myself I have no right to. But it frays my nerves when I'm driving and TA's me, hence my posting in this thread :D

The person working with me at the moment who feels the need to update me every time a message comes into our shared folder. I'll see it when I see it!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

My room is stuffy, but its so cold if I open the window its going to be freezing.

Edit: also TA that its "summer" and I don't want to open a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

TA'd that the guy in the office next to me got a Deliveroo of the most amazing smelling food I've ever smelled while I'm sat eating the poxiest salad ever at my desk...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The incredibly slow pace of dealing with Kelly and the Console charity.
    An injunction was obtained last week prohibiting him from accessing the accounts. Woopdef**ing do!
    An order was obtained allowing access to a lock up him and his missus were accessing. How about sticking some surveillance on the place and arresting them when they land?

People who speed up when you try to walk past them.

Diagonal drifters. Mentioned before but a second mention is justified due to their excessive annoyance.

People who stop dead at shop entrances and luas doors when others are trying to get past.

People who sneeze and then excuse themselves as if their pox of an excuse will cleanse the plague-ridden air.

People who say things like "I'll link in/touch base/revert back" - its revert you idiot, the "back" is implied!

People who "know their rights" - they're always wrong. It's not discrimination because you don't like it.

People who put money down on the counter for the cashier to pick up awkwardly instead of handing them the money.

Women looking through clothes rails from one end and nearing the item that I have my hand on at the other end and then waiting for me to leave it or move. No. Fúck off. I'll stand here pretending to read the label as long as it takes baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Running out of shower gel in the shower and having to use my boyfriends. I don't want to smell like a boy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

All IT systems are crap. Unreliable. Slow.
    We need to go back to pen and paper folks.

Sleepy slump after a massive lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd that I'm still not over being out Saturday night. Getting old.

I feel sick now as well. And my mouth hurts. And I feel like moaning a lot. God, just take away this crappy feeling. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Skanger parents, was walking down a road in the city centre and this skanger walking really fast with a buggy. She stops turns around and roars hurry up at which point I see a girl of 4/5 at least 50 metres behind her, skanger storms backand roars I said hurry up you stupid ****ing bitch.

The kids of these scumbags have no chance, would rather they were taken off the parents / mammies and have all the benefits stopped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 rufus_firefly

Why wasn't the kid in the buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I'm sick of having to flush other peoples poo. I swear I think some people must be so proud of their colossal sh1ts that they feel the need to leave it there in the toilet to happily greet the next user.

Manky Baxtards!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

People who judge the meaning and strength of their friendships and relationships based on "snapstreaks"

Kids that are brought to mass by their parents, and then given complete free roam of the place like it's a playground.

People who give others a hard time for not drinking alcohol.

People who give holier-than-thou lectures to those who do drink alcohol.

People who wear their GAA club top at all times.

When your phone freezes while watching a snapchat story and you don't want to take out the battery because it's too much bother and you don't want to risk the restart procedure because it uses the same buttons that may trigger a screenshot.

Dangleberries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who judge the meaning and strength of their friendships and relationships based on "snapstreaks"

Kids that are brought to mass by their parents, and then given complete free roam of the place like it's a playground.

People who give others a hard time for not drinking alcohol.

People who give holier-than-thou lectures to those who do drink alcohol.

People who wear their GAA club top at all times.

When your phone freezes while watching a snapchat story and you don't want to take out the battery because it's too much bother and you don't want to risk the restart procedure because it uses the same buttons that may trigger a screenshot.

Dangleberries

Your username put me in the mood for KC's... I'm now ta'd that I decided to move 2.5 hours drive away from Douglas... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

One of my pet hates is people not picking up after their dogs and I'd happily call someone out who didn't, however I would also assess a situation before starting to give someone a bollicking.

My dog is perched mid-****, I am watching, I have bag in hand and have started to bend to initiate the scoop and suddenly some robo-granny emerges out of nowhere (I actually think she may have been lying in wait in a nearby bush!) and starts to rant at me about picking up the sh1t.

What does she think I am about to do standing there with a bag in my hand? Engage in some sort of public auto-erotic asphixiation by popping the bag over my head?!

I gritted my teeth and walked away silently as she examined the area to ensure I hadn't left any behind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My pc won't recognise my phone, not with the cable, not on bluetooth...they just won't talk to each other. So I have to upload my files to dropbox then download onto my laptop. So annoying!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement