Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Accidentally buying a gluten free, no mayo version of my favourite wrap :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

It trivially annoys me that I don't "get" Snapchat. I feel like I'm missing out on something major!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

It trivially annoys me that I don't "get" Snapchat. I feel like I'm missing out on something major!

You're really, really not. Don't feel that you're missing out on anything at all!

My TA today, people who use yeah at the start of every sentence and then at the end of the sentence, even though I have not asked them one question!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Taylor Swift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

jnay wrote: »
    i get very irate if I can hear someone eating their food, and when people talk with a mouth full of half chewed up food.

Also I hate listening to anyone stirring a cup of tea or coffee, no idea why tho hahaha

Is that perfect timing or what, I got tis sent to me yesterday after I had a "chat" to someone about biting the fork each time they put it in their mouth, so flipping annoying..:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

A cyclist on the M7 this afternoon southbound near Curragh..
    Also 7 single occupant cars with L plates on them (driver may or may not be learner) on M7 and 4 in middle lane on N7, one on the phone, anarchy out there I say, anarchy!

L plates on cars if they aint the drivers, a TA too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

selous wrote: »
    A cyclist on the M7 this afternoon southbound near Curragh..
    Also 7 single occupant cars with L plates on them (driver may or may not be learner) on M7 and 4 in middle lane on N7, one on the phone, anarchy out there I say, anarchy!

L plates on cars if they aint the drivers, a TA too.

TA that I never became a traffic garda.
    They should let people like me have a badge and squad car for a few hours a week. And a gun and a big stick.
    Soon sort things out.

Someone I work with sometimes has really bad breath and I have to be close to them. My God.. it's tough to focus on what they're saying when my nose is being attacked. Plus it makes me paranoid about whether mine is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eviltwin wrote: »
    Taylor Swift

TA that I read that and you've now put her in my head.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 rufus_firefly

Kinder chocolate bars now cause cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can add Twitter and Instagram to that too. I barely get Facebook. It wrecks my head when someone asks me did I not see such and such they or someone else posted, like they are annoyed I didn't like or comment. Who has the time to be keeping up with it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Unexpected visitors calling over right when you are planning on preparing dinner.

I am fecking staaaarrrrvviiinnngg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ta'd that I have been 30 years hay fever free and then this year there seems to be ninja pollen that hid and only chose to show itself now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Home and away called off for athletics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Spotted something in a shop today with this big sticker on it €10 euro..thinking this is a great bargain altogether .then when I get nearer to it, it actually says €10 off........I fall for it every time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Spotted something in a shop today with this big sticker on it €10 euro..thinking this is a great bargain altogether .then when I get nearer to it, it actually says €10 off........I fall for it every time

Or the ones in Mr Price where they make it look as if something was reduced from €2.49 to €1.49 but the sign actually says 'Don't pay €2.49, pay €1.49'

Auctioneers, all of them - consistently!

1. When they refuse to give the overall square metre of a house and instead break it up into rooms - you know it's in reality a smurf house. Stop wasting my time, you inane plonkers!

2. When they refuse to put the front of the house as a picture, you know it's ugly as bedamned and almost certainly in a crap area - that pool table or cross trainer and all the bells and whistles that you think are worth including in the photos make the place look even more tacky and, er, "individual". I can just imagine the, er, "individual" crap diy jobs all over the house.... Think of the bright new spoiler on your resident boy racer's Honda Civic, and that's what you're doing in house terms. Cuir síoda ar ghabhar agus is gabhar i gcónaí é/ You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

3. Why, why, why in the name of God does every auctioneer in this Godforsaken land start off with raiméis like "are proud to present" "are pleased to present" "are delighted to present" and even, God Save Ireland, "are thrilled to present". It's a run-of-the-mill property. Have you auctioneers not achieved anything worthy of genuine pride? Yes, I understand if it's a €10 million house you'll be thrilled to have the commission from that just for waffling the arse off some eejit with more money than sense, but it's just a bit crass to be telling us. There is absolutely no need for your relentlessly passé, insipid, trite, clichéd bollocksology. Ugh. We have busy lives, we need the facts quickly. "A four-bed detached house, 140sq m, in Swords Malahide for €600,000. Two living rooms, kitchen, utility room, large garden, BER B1." That's it. We can google everything we want about your area and, indeed, we can use Google Streetview to see the house exactly, and maybe even the tracksuit-wearing teenagers and obese sorts hanging around on the day Google visited. We can use Google Earth to see the size of the garden (and of every garden in the area) and we can check crime statistics, tidy towns achievements and whatever else. We can google the address to see who from that area has ended up in court and what the crime was. We can go out on the ground and get our own sense of snob/friendly vibe in the area. And we can even use An Post's website to find out that the claimed address of Glasnevin/Malahide/Crumlin/Sandymount/Blackrock/Terenure etc is really Finglas/Swords/Drimnagh/Irishtown/Stillorgan/Kimmage etc.

Get to the point, and start by sacking every one of those jejune, puerile wannabe Wordsworth types who torture property ads with "flowery" language.

Auctioneers, all of them - consistently!

1. When they refuse to give the overall square metre of a house and instead break it up into rooms - you know it's in reality a smurf house. Stop wasting my time, you inane plonkers!

2. When they refuse to put the front of the house as a picture, you know it's ugly as bedamned and almost certainly in a crap area - that pool table or cross trainer and all the bells and whistles that you think are worth including in the photos make the place look even more tacky and, er, "individual". I can just imagine the, er, "individual" crap diy jobs all over the house.... Think of the bright new spoiler on your resident boy racer's Honda Civic, and that's what you're doing in house terms. Cuir síoda ar ghabhar agus is gabhar i gcónaí é/ You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

3. Why, why, why in the name of God does every auctioneer in this Godforsaken land start off with raiméis like "are proud to present" "are pleased to present" "are delighted to present" and even, God Save Ireland, "are thrilled to present". It's a run-of-the-mill property. Have you auctioneers not achieved anything worthy of genuine pride? Yes, I understand if it's a €10 million house you'll be thrilled to have the commission from that just for waffling the arse off some eejit with more money than sense, but it's just a bit crass to be telling us. There is absolutely no need for your relentlessly passé, insipid, trite, clichéd bollocksology. Ugh. We have busy lives, we need the facts quickly. "A four-bed detached house, 140sq m, in Swords Malahide for €600,000. Two living rooms, kitchen, utility room, large garden, BER B1." That's it. We can google everything we want about your area and, indeed, we can use Google Streetview to see the house exactly, and maybe even the tracksuit-wearing teenagers and obese sorts hanging around on the day Google visited. We can use Google Earth to see the size of the garden (and of every garden in the area) and we can check crime statistics, tidy towns achievements and whatever else. We can google the address to see who from that area has ended up in court and what the crime was. We can go out on the ground and get our own sense of snob/friendly vibe in the area. And we can even use An Post's website to find out that the claimed address of Glasnevin/Malahide/Crumlin/Sandymount/Blackrock/Terenure etc is really Finglas/Swords/Drimnagh/Irishtown/Stillorgan/Kimmage etc.

Get to the point, and start by sacking every one of those jejune, puerile wannabe Wordsworth types who torture property ads with "flowery" language.

.....and don't forget "deceptively spacious"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I now have a mad hankering for a Tayto sandwich but the shop is closed :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

People queuing for 5 minutes in the chipper and waiting till they get to the counter to decide what to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When my Samsung Galaxy whistles and yet there are no notifications, WTF! :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

When my Samsung Galaxy whistles and yet there are no notifications, WTF! :confused:

Mine too - several times an email notification sound....but no emails received..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I find it annoying when you let someone out at an awkward spot when you're driving and they don't acknowledge you at all but give you a look of, yes you should let royalty like me out you sad peasant. Or when you hold the door open for someone coming behind you, say leaving the carpark for example and they couldn't be arsed saying something as simple as cheers. Bad manners I suppose is what I'm saying annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Boy racers doing doughnuts on the crossroads which has scared the donkeys who are now braying. I just want sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

At a concert this evening and the group of ladies behind me having a chat as if they were out for lunch. I heard more about Sean from IT than lyrics from the songs :mad: Seriously, if you're out for a chat, why go to a gig to do it?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I fancied something sweet today and there was nothing in the house. I remembered my husband said that he had got a box of cornettos and they were in the freezer.

They were the strawberry ones which I hate. I still had one but I'm not happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Damn the food talk. Dammit to hell. :D. Now I want some nice food damn ye!

Oh I came here to be annoyed about that b1atch of a fog. T'is nasty out there folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

EmptyTree wrote:
    At a concert this evening and the group of ladies behind me having a chat as if they were out for lunch. I heard more about Sean from IT than lyrics from the songs Seriously, if you're out for a chat, why go to a gig to do it?!?

I just came on to post about this. I went to see a musical tonight and the 2 women behind me were talking non stop. One of them even took out her phone and started typing on it with the sound turned up! Rude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was expecting a courier today. He rang at 4.30 saying he was in the village thats on my address. This is 1.5 miles past my house. Was under pressure and couldn't backtrack on his route apparently. Was calling to a local business and asked if he could leave my package there.
    Luckily the owner is a relation of mine so not so bad. If the clown rang me 15 mins earlier I could have met him on the roadside. Now i must call to some place thats keeping a package that they shouldn't have to. Im paying for carriage of items which rightly should be delivered to my door but now must drive 2 miles to collect it from someone who need not accept responsibility for minding it. Not the first time this has happened with DPD either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Tony Blair- but it's not trivial

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement