Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Fizzy drinks going up your nose

Light creeping up under the door at night.

Dishes left sloppily in the sink with food still on them.

Dogs and their inability to tell a threat from a friendly face.

Screaming kids in the shops. Saw one pull an almighty strop over pick n mix.

Speaking of pick n mix, the thoughts of little kids sticky hands all over them, and people's hands all over the cakes and salads in the salad bars.

Unexplained extra charges on a bill/receipt.

Carelessly falling for April fools jokes when you said you'd be on the ball this year.

Stains on white clothes.

Not being able to get into a book and giving up after a chapter or two.

Lack of motivation to do things you'd set out to do on a certain day.

Getting into the car after someone's been in it the night before, blaring music high volume , and they never bothered to turn it down. Nice little morning surprise. Who needs coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

People who know your name addressing you in email as ....

Hi there,

Workplace Hi there = I dont really want to get familiar with you in any way so lets keep the distance like this as it also means we dont have to nod if we see each other on the corridor. So im going to pretend i dont know your name to help with that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Or the ones in Mr Price where they make it look as if something was reduced from €2.49 to €1.49 but the sign actually says 'Don't pay €2.49, pay €1.49'

Very TAd with our Mr Price, tiles placed on some sort of a metal rack on the floor but not stuck down or grouted, so it rattles as you walk. Its enough to put me off going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Was expecting a courier today. He rang at 4.30 saying he was in the village thats on my address. This is 1.5 miles past my house. Was under pressure and couldn't backtrack on his route apparently. Was calling to a local business and asked if he could leave my package there.
    Luckily the owner is a relation of mine so not so bad. If the clown rang me 15 mins earlier I could have met him on the roadside. Now i must call to some place thats keeping a package that they shouldn't have to. Im paying for carriage of items which rightly should be delivered to my door but now must drive 2 miles to collect it from someone who need not accept responsibility for minding it. Not the first time this has happened with DPD either.

Drives me mad too, the "I've passed you and will drop it at the shop".
    If I wanted it at the shop I would have put that on as the address.
    If the shop wanted it there they would become a post office or a parcel motel depot.
    Email from one last week saying they couldn't find the address (but have every week for over 2 years now) could we ring them, we emailed back but they kept emailing saying we had to ring. I did and asked why they had such a problem...we even had the eircode on it "Oh, we don't use them, our system isn't set up for them"

Also a TA is ordering from Amazon and it comes as 4 parcels through two couriers and the postman.

Kinder chocolate bars now cause cancer.

<looks at the Kinder chocolate bar they just ate>

Say wha'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

<looks at the Kinder chocolate bar they just ate>

Say wha'?

So does talcum powder - they had to issue a warning because a lot of women use it near their genitals and apparently it was proven to cause a lot of cervical cancer. Was reported on the main BBC news.
    No idea about Kinder foods.

On topic -

WHY the hell is there BUTTER and CRUMBS on the lid of the milk. I just got butter on my hands and crumbs in my first cup of tea of the day!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting phone calls from people who are on holiday in hot sunny places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A fly in my glass of wine. I managed to rescue him but I had to forfeit the glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A fly in my glass of wine. I managed to rescue him but I had to forfeit the glass of wine.

Jaysus, bit early in the day for wine :pac::pac:

TA'd for my brother, who is having trouble with the garage he bought a car off. They now won't honour the warranty

failinis wrote: »
    So does talcum powder - they had to issue a warning because a lot of women use it near their genitals and apparently it was proven to cause a lot of cervical cancer. Was reported on the main BBC news.
    No idea about Kinder foods.

On topic -

WHY the hell is there BUTTER and CRUMBS on the lid of the milk. I just got butter on my hands and crumbs in my first cup of tea of the day!!! :mad:

For a second I really thought you meant women use a lot of kinder chocolate bars near their genitals. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TA'd that you denied the poor fly his drink!

It would be one thing if you went on to drink the wine yourself - and in that case the correct procedure (as per the old joke) is to shout at the fly to 'spit it out, ya little bastard!"

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

What does my head in is working with someone in a Project Manager* 'role' who is completely so self involved and self important. I don't think a day goes by where they don't say 'didn't I tell you', didn't I call it, wasn't I the first to say, If I hadn't done such and such, I told you I was right' - read aren't I focking amazingly telephatic and clever overpaid manager that these imbeciles couldn't work properly without me.
    Yet this individual wouldn't work to warm themselves and spends their day online shopping and chatting while everyone else is breaking their ball$. I must be hormonal as my tolerance for obnoxious, up your own h*le types is way low today.

* not all PMs are like that I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

When someone talking about the time says

"4 am in the morning"

It wrecks my head, and then because it's so trivial it wrecks my head even more :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Having the smoking area next to a perpetual building site for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

GAAman wrote: »
    When someone talking about the time says

"4 am in the morning"

It wrecks my head, and then because it's so trivial it wrecks my head even more :mad:

:pac:

Even more trivially annoying - zero 4 hundred A M in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Not being able to sleep but too tired to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

The past week I have been remembered very intense dreams, no reason why and its getting very TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

The hole in the shower head that sends out a fine spray at about 30 degrees directly into your eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Get a new phone- sim card has to be cut... why can't there be a standard size sim

maudgonner wrote: »
    TA'd that you denied the poor fly his drink!

It would be one thing if you went on to drink the wine yourself - and in that case the correct procedure (as per the old joke) is to shout at the fly to 'spit it out, ya little bastard!"

He shouldn't have been drinking anyway, he was flying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

dub_skav wrote: »
    Even more trivially annoying - zero 4 hundred A M in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

People eating oranges on public transport.

SATSUMA wrote: »

Or just...

Also...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The post that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Was expecting a courier today. He rang at 4.30 saying he was in the village thats on my address. This is 1.5 miles past my house. Was under pressure and couldn't backtrack on his route apparently. Was calling to a local business and asked if he could leave my package there.
    Luckily the owner is a relation of mine so not so bad. If the clown rang me 15 mins earlier I could have met him on the roadside. Now i must call to some place thats keeping a package that they shouldn't have to. Im paying for carriage of items which rightly should be delivered to my door but now must drive 2 miles to collect it from someone who need not accept responsibility for minding it. Not the first time this has happened with DPD either.

Do you use your Eircode? :pac:

I got a text from DPD yesterday morning to say 'Ricahrd' would be making a delivery, and they had a link to make any changes. Two things:

1. Every time they do this, the same typo/misspelling of Richard appears.

2. They allow you to change the date and nothing much else. I wanted to change it to "Leave next door" or "Drop it to where I work". No options for that. (BOO-urns!!)

Later, in work, a supplier sent in the wrong part to me, so DPD were to collect it. When the driver arrived, I gave it to him, and then said "Have you been doing deliveries around the town?" with the idea of getting my personal delivery (as per text) from him.

"Are you Badly Drunk Boy? Paddy has it." Paddy (next door) wasn't there when I got home (even though he rarely leaves the house) so I still haven't gotten my parcel. The last time I wasn't there, he left the package in my recycling bin.

And how did he know my name (in work)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Woman beside me in work has a cold, and has been coughing every 5 seconds (may be a slight exaggeration) all week.
    Couple this with several neighbours dogs barking throughout the night, and i'm at breaking point.

Forgetting I have a scrape on my neck and spraying perfume on after the shower. The two seconds it takes between the spray and the sting, and the realization of what will happen in those two seconds :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Forgetting I have a scrape on my neck and spraying perfume on after the shower. The two seconds it takes between the spray and the sting, and the realization of what will happen in those two seconds :(

Aahhhh same with me except it's my wrist, and even though I realise it as I'm spraying I still automatically proceed to rub my wrists together after I've sprayed it, making the burny stingy agony even worse! :( Every. Single. Time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement