Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Being hungover and trying to remove eye make up with .. nail varnish remover :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

northgirl wrote: »
    Being hungover and trying to remove eye make up with .. nail varnish remover :eek:

Being hungover and queuing anywhere. In your head shouting "what the fcuk is taking you so long, feels like I've been queuing for 1/2 an hour"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Taxi drivers! Went out for a run yesterday evening, got back in and up to the bathroom and was stepping into the shower when I see through the bathroom window a taxi bus driving at high speed into my driveway blowing the horn and flashing the lights. Goodness, I thought, what's the emergency and had to dress again and go down the stairs and out to the driver who still sat in his bus with the engine running saying to me 'taxi to the church?'. Irritated, I said no I didn't order any taxi and he called out my address and I said yes that is my address and no I didn't order a taxi. He then gets on the radio and calls dispatch, turns out he got the house number wrong. Don't know which I am more TA'd with, having to get dressed again to go downstairs to see what the fuss was about, or the brash way he drove into my driveway blowing horns and flashing lights. Whatever happened to just politely driving in, getting out of the bloody taxi and ringing the doorbell?
    And anyway, the house where the taxi was supposed to be going is only a stone's throw to the church - why order a flaming taxi, you can walk there in five minutes!
    Also, last Saturday morning, don't have to go to work so catching up on some sleep, am awoken by the doorbell going wild! Go down, geyser outside, asking me if I am Christina. No, there's nobody by that name here, what's this about? He says I am painting in her house today, but no worries I have her mobile number here and I'll give her a ring to see what number she lives in. EHHH??? So you just pony up into the estate, take a random guess as to what house a Christina might live in, awaken the occupant, then it turns out you have her number anyway and just couldn't be arsed to ring her and find out where she lived?
    Folks, they walk among us..... and they're taking over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd at having a Betty Swollix today. Uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Also, last Saturday morning, don't have to go to work so catching up on some sleep, am awoken by the doorbell going wild! Go down, geyser outside, asking me if I am Christina. No, there's nobody by that name here, what's this about? He says I am painting in her house today, but no worries I have her mobile number here and I'll give her a ring to see what number she lives in. EHHH??? So you just pony up into the estate, take a random guess as to what house a Christina might live in, awaken the occupant, then it turns out you have her number anyway and just couldn't be arsed to ring her and find out where she lived?
    Folks, they walk among us..... and they're taking over...

Was he Icelandic? :p

TA'd that I don't know what I want to eat :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

E-Bay and Pay-Pal not having the same E/£ conversion rate when you buy something, wouldn't let me pay in £ on a credit card only in my currency even though I ticked the other payment option, it flashed up payment not accepted, grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Needy FB friends who have blogs or online shops, and then post stuff like 'boo hoo, none of my friends have bought anything from my shop / shared any of my posts recently' - wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

kfallon wrote: »
    Was he Icelandic? :p

TA'd that I don't know what I want to eat :rolleyes:

Ha Ha, I should have spelt it geezer. But having said that, he was a fordener...!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Auctioneers, all of them - consistently!

On that note - in a good 90% (conservative estimate) of the houses/flats for sale or to let, the photos of the bathroom/toilet show the toilets with the seat up. Do only men live there, or are the estate agents 'marking their territory' when they visit to take the photos?? :confused: :eek:
    It's a major TA of mine, and also it looks bad on the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

When the tin foil is baked onto your burrito.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I might possibly have Haemochromatosis. Lovely. One more thing to add to the ****ing laundry list of things wrong with me. :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

buying anything in a hardware shop... you stand in the queue for half an hour while the guy on the til has to look up 3 databases and wait for the printer to print off a handful of A3 sized receipts so that the customer can buy a box of nails.

And its the same in any auto parts shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd at people who try on clothes and put them back in a different spot or with different hanger so it has a different size to the clothes on the hanger. Thank God for online shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

When you binge-watch the last several episodes of a really good show on Netflix, and are left with bitterness and regret at not spacing them out and enjoying it for longer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Girls who proclaim all other girls to be bitches without any trace of irony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who talk very loudly in an open plan office about how great they are and how they work harder than everybody else... Listening to one now and I just want to throw something at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

When you binge-watch the last several episodes of a really good show on Netflix, and are left with bitterness and regret at not spacing them out and enjoying it for longer. :(
    That's not a trivial annoyance, it's a huge, deep and painful feeling of emptiness that lingers in your soul for what seems like an eternity. I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you at this time of agony.

I am the one who knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Going for drinks with a couple, and having to buy 2 out of every 3 rounds. Because my mates missus refuses to go the bar. Point blank just will not go. I rarely get caught out, but last night I did. It won't happen again.
    I've seen this before, man always going to the bar. It's not like she had no money or anything, she just will not go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When the tin foil is baked onto your burrito.

I'd say that's sore.

My TA? We can't go about euphenisms any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Advertisers making nouns out of adjectives in a pathetic effort to sound cool.

"We're backing brave." (Maybe you should try backing correct grammar.)

"Smart gets good deals on..." (Smart-er uses proper English)

Grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Going for drinks with a couple, and having to buy 2 out of every 3 rounds. Because my mates missus refuses to go the bar. Point blank just will not go. I rarely get caught out, but last night I did. It won't happen again.
    I've seen this before, man always going to the bar. It's not like she had no money or anything, she just will not go.

You're worse to go, if she won't go then let him get her round in. Sounds like she needs a good kick in the gee tbh, what a cúnting clitbag! Probably spoilt since a kid, "Daddy's little Princess", twat!

TA'd at The French, a worse shower than the Black 'n' Tans :mad:

Dolbert wrote: »
    Girls who proclaim all other girls to be bitches without any trace of irony

There was a girl I knew, who would badmouth so many other girls that she just didn't know.. commenting how what they're wearing looks awful, or whatever else. I never understood it, because I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

TA for today - the device I've been doing a lot of work on has stopped working. Trying to recover the data now, which is taking longer because it appears to be slowed to balls, but I have a feeling that what I've been working on is gone -- hours of work down the drain. Thankfully it seems like the original files can be restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I have to wear a baggy shirt cos for some reason my left boob is much bigger than my right and it looks weird in a t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

storker wrote: »
    Advertisers making nouns out of adjectives in a pathetic effort to sound cool.

"We're backing brave." (Maybe you should try backing correct grammar.)

"Smart gets good deals on..." (Smart-er uses proper English)

Grrrr

Argh this so much!!!!!! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Handsome bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

When trying to sign for a packet from DHL and your signature looks like a random scribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

When trying to sign for a packet from DHL and your signature looks like a random scribble.

Chicken scrawl for me. And the driver looks at it, grimaces and asks you what name it's meant to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When my house keys find their way into a weird place in my bag and I have to dig like a mad woman to find them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

It's 2016.

When, oh when, will they invent a packet of sliced ham that doesnt smell like farts when you first open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

'Peal and reseal' packets that tear all the way down the side of the top cover, ensuring there will be no resealing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement