Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've to be up at 6 am to travel to do a 16km endurance course which I need all my energy for and do you think I can fookin sleep?? :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Fell asleep on the lawn, in the sun, yesterday evening.....and some of the local bugs seem to have had me for dinner.
    Itchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

"So..."

It's rapidly becoming a not-so-trivial thing that's annoying me - people beginning sentences both written and verbally with it.

There was a chap on Morning Ireland yesterday, fupper started every sentence with "So". Fupper.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Selfies
    Selfie sticks
    Selfie poseurs
    Trying to walk down the road and avoid all the selfie people
    Sucked in selfie cheeks
    Peace sign selfies
    Pulp fiction selfies
    "Random" group jump photos
    Facebook
    Facebook bullies
    Humble brags
    Fitness narcissism
    Icebucket bullies (old but still annoys me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Some news websites post storys as a headline,
    eg joe bloggs gets killed in next weeks eastenders ,
    or so and so has an affair .
    So theres no concept of a spoiler ,
    theres no suprise,s anymore in tv drama,s .
    Phil mitchell is not real ,he is a fictional character on tv.
    The story reads as if he is real .
    Its in the headline ,as you glance at the main page ,there,s no way of avoiding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Trying to find a comfortable position to polish my toenails when I've got one very sore boob. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

When people leave the kitchen tea towel crumpled up in a heap on the work top.
    Instead of letting it dry/air on the cupboard handles or oven handle.
    Instead its a disgusting moist towel that can't dry the plates and likely has far too many bacteria on it.

Its all related, the warm milk, melted butter, damp towel - all same person in my house who does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Grown women who act like petty teenage girls.

Those creepy manga comic ads that keep appearing in every thread. "You mean noone's ever touched you there before?" Eh.. OK.. It's kind of funny that there's a Mills and Boon manga, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Superglue that does not seem to glue things together is not very super and very TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Groups of language exchange students who travel around in packs of 400 & block up the whole place.

• Advertisement

Winterlong wrote: »
    Superglue that does not seem to glue things together is not very super and very TA.

Yet still manage to glue the lid to your finger tip :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Boards on my phone is driving me insane😠. PMs aren't pming...can't refresh my threads. I can't go back to laptop as the charger is fcuked!!Also this weather is beyond TAing..have to wear my winter coat with the huge furry hood to keep my hair frizz free for tonight but it's 19degrees in the car so the sweat is running off me.
    Another TA is the robbing GAA..I just paid 45e to get rid of my gang for the evening..worth every cent but still..😄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    Also this weather is beyond TAing..have to wear my winter coat with the huge furry hood to keep my hair frizz free for tonight but it's 19degrees in the car so the sweat is running off me.
    Another TA is the robbing GAA..I just paid 45e to get rid of my gang for the evening..worth every cent but still..😄

Someone is on a promise later on.....;):p

TA'd myself about the weather, it's miserable today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Colser wrote: »
    Boards on my phone is driving me insane😠. PMs aren't pming...

TA'd I never get PMs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

shar01 wrote: »
    "So..."

It's rapidly becoming a not-so-trivial thing that's annoying me - people beginning sentences both written and verbally with it.

There was a chap on Morning Ireland yesterday, fupper started every sentence with "So". Fupper.

That bloody bugs me big time, I change the radio station, and some chungwan being interviewed last week every answer or reply started
    "So yeah like...."
    and the other one that's rattling my chain now is the reply or answer,
    "No yeah......" or "yeah no......" WHICH IS IT, yeah or no... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I got a curly blow dry at the hairdressers today. It's died down now thank god and i like it but when she first did it, there was some serious volume going on.

I looked like someone from the eighties with a dodgy perm walking out of the salon.

Got a text today from DHL to say my packet has been delivered....(What, I was here all day, I didn't get it) To a "swipbox" at a Centra shop I have never been in, don't pass, not near me, and is way out of my way...what about the feckin address that was on the label...MINE. so T.Ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Old geezers singing in public. I imagine it makes me sound like a complete grinch but I don't want some dude singing his creative rendition of molly mallone beside me when I'm trying to have a piss , or drink a coffee, or waiting for a bus. ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Archeron wrote: »
    Old geezers singing in public. I imagine it makes me sound like a complete grinch but I don't want some dude singing his creative rendition of molly mallone beside me when I'm trying to have a piss , or drink a coffee, or waiting for a bus. ,

Stalkers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Rain. Heavy rain. Every time I step into the garden. Rain. heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

After 12 years of marriage, Mr Sam thinks we have a self cleaning house.

Bought Mr Yellow smoky sausages in Aldi today, smelled quite nice under the grill when cooking too, rolled the fresh wholegrain bread around it, (No, I'm not Jamie Oliver) little drop of honey BBQ sauce, bit in and took the whole sausage out of it, the skin was so bloody tough couldn't bite it or chew it, gave one to the dog, was chewing for ages......then spat out the skin, even the mutt couldn't manage it. Bring the rest back or not bother and chuck em out.....grrr, T.A'd ruined the lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My sleep pattern being fcuked

TA that I have a feeling that something is badly wrong medically, seeing GP Monday but I just, I am ignoring it but you just get that feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

failinis wrote: »
    TA that I have a feeling that something is badly wrong medically, seeing GP Monday but I just, I am ignoring it but you just get that feeling.
    I'm sure it's nothing but the mind will play it's games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

SATSUMA wrote: »
    People eating oranges on public transport.

Can't believe no one made a 'joke' about user name and post!

TA'd Boards ain't what it used to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Stupid f**king ATMs that don't tell you until the end that they can only dispense certain notes.

Stupid f**king ATMs that force you to start the entire withdrawal process again after telling you they can only dispense certain notes.

osarusan wrote: »
    Stupid f**king ATMs that don't tell you until the end that they can only dispense certain notes.

Stupid f**king ATMs that force you to start the entire withdrawal process again after telling you they can only dispense certain notes.

Ones that let you get that far to then say "this ATM is out of fund, please avail of the nearest on xyz street".
    Why don't ya tell me before I even type my pin in!

Also people saying "ATM Machine" or "PIN Number". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

TA'd that when I go to bed at night, the bedsheet will bunch-up into a concertina-like shape directly underneath me. I wake up with marks down my side and back. Scarred for life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A casual acquaintance feeling the need to message me every single day. My life is boring, I don't have enough to say to my closest friends to be talking to them every day, never mind someone I knew 10 years ago!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement