Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd at how increasingly difficult it is to open a carton of milk. Nearly had to arm wrestle a carton this morning to get the lid off, never mind the little tab underneath that you have to pull in the direction of the arrow - I have a mini pliers on the window specially for these feckers. How on earth do elderly people with arthritic hands manage to open things nowadays?

In a similar vein, I buckled up the blade on my tiny petrol lawnmower a few weeks ago when I hit a manhole cover. Should have been just a case of turning a little bolt, removing the old blade and replacing it with a new one. But oh no, there was no wrench strong enough, in fact an entire army wouldn't have budged that bolt. Had to resort to an angle grinder to cut it off in the end.

I get that things need to be childproof, but don't make them adult proof as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TA'd that when I go to bed at night, the bedsheet will bunch-up into a concertina-like shape directly underneath me. I wake up with marks down my side and back. Scarred for life!

Wrinkly sheets are a big TA for me! I'm known to remake hotel beds before getting in to them.
    You need Bed Bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Kamikaze house flies that keep trying to batter their way out of the window. Wish they had a brain/proper sight and could just see that I have opened one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Tow the line instead of Toe the line
    Sick sh1t instead of Sh1t sick
    Step foot instead of Set foot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went out for an Indian, and ordered the garlic chilli chicken. The light was dim in the restaurant, and there was what looked like green beans on top of the dish. So I horsed one into me, it was only when I started to swallow I realised it was a whole chilli. The clue might have been in the name:(. My eyes watered and just as the waiter asked me was it too hot, my diaphragm did 3 big spasms, and I made a mad kind of whooping sound. Fcukin mortified :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Wrinkly sheets are a big TA for me! I'm known to remake hotel beds before getting in to them.
    You need Bed Bands

TA that Im only finding out about this wonderful product now!!! Years of fixing and adjusting bed sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Flickr won't recognise my photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

My stomach feels off and water isn't helping.
    Shannon757 wrote: »
    Flickr won't recognise my photos.
    You must have changed a lot then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My stomach feels off and water isn't helping.

You must have changed a lot then. :D

TA'd at certain people making jokes about me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

At a game on a day like today and some ignorant bollox in front puts up a big umrella. This absolutely plsses me off big time. WTF?
    Does it occur to these fukkin eejits that there's people behind that might want to see the game?
    If you have to bring an umbrella to a game then FOOK OFF up the back with it!!!!!!!!
    Or else wear a cap or a hood like the rest of us :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

gammygils wrote: »
    At a game on a day like today and some ignorant bollox in front puts up a big umrella. This absolutely plsses me off big time. WTF?
    Does it occur to these fukkin eejits that there's people behind that might want to see the game?
    If you have to bring an umbrella to a game then FOOK OFF up the back with it!!!!!!!!
    Or else wear a cap or a hood like the rest of us :mad:

Are umbrellas not banned in crowded events (well at least common sense should prevail) :confused:

Been meaning to go into town for a few days, free today/tomorrow but realise its the 11th and 12th of July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

My TA this morning is that I woke up feeling like I'm left handed?? I'm right handed so this feeling is weirdly strange!

TA my GP prescribed a self drug enema/suppository thing, now weighing up if I would rather just suffer than use it.
    Really ruined my day which has barely started.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

failinis wrote: »
    TA my GP prescribed a self drug enema/suppository thing, now weighing up if I would rather just suffer than use it.

It's an excuse to shove a finger up your hole, go for it I say :pac:

TA'd that Friday seems years away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

failinis wrote: »

TA that as I was eating my dinner yesterday, an advert for a 'self enema' medication came on tv...

:eek:

kfallon wrote: »
    It's an excuse to shove a finger up your hole, go for it I say :pac:

TA'd that Friday seems years away! :(

Things should only come out not go in. My basic law of what happens :(
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA that as I was eating my dinner yesterday, an advert for a 'self enema' medication came on tv...

:eek:

Oh god.

TA x rays results were inconclusive as well - further tests needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People who straight up lie/bullsht to me about stuff I know their 100% wrong on

Made worse by fact I can't get the words out to point out their pure and utter bullsht

I tried to get thru today without properly waking up but work has got the better of me....pesky people piling on the stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

People that don't know the correct way to approach and indicate on a roundabout...aaarrrrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

tringle wrote: »
    People that don't know the correct way to approach and indicate on a roundabout...aaarrrrgh

The real TA for me is guessing whether they really don't know or just couldn't be arsed - reckon it's 50/50 myself

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

tringle wrote: »

I got one of them today (again) 2 lanes to the roundabout he's in the left one I'm in the right, he shoots off, I move on, next thing he's over on top of me so I beeped him, he moved over to the left again, but came around the whole roundabout on my left to the same (3rd) exit I was taking, fecker. get in the right lane in first place.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

In a similar vein, I buckled up the blade on my tiny petrol lawnmower a few weeks ago when I hit a manhole cover. Should have been just a case of turning a little bolt, removing the old blade and replacing it with a new one. But oh no, there was no wrench strong enough, in fact an entire army wouldn't have budged that bolt. Had to resort to an angle grinder to cut it off in the end.

Not being funny, but did you try the opposite way, some are threaded the other way so the blade doesn't fly off usually left-loose right-tight but try right loose, but ya cant beat an angle grinder...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Everyone on the internet going on about this new pokemon game.

I felt so tired all afternoon and then realised that I totally forgot to have my afternoon coffee. So I got one kind of late and now I'm all shaky from it.

Getting home from work to discover that a bit of lettuce is stuck to one of my front teeth.
    And has been there since lunch time.
    But no one told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Having a nice quiet breakfast at the weekend with the TV off. Mrs S comes in, switches on the TV and it's some contortionist dislocating his shoulders to squeeze his entire body through the head of an unstrung tennis racquet. Couldn't finish my weetabix, but then felt hungry again an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

selous wrote: »
    Not being funny, but did you try the opposite way, some are threaded the other way so the blade doesn't fly off usually left-loose right-tight but try right loose, but ya cant beat an angle grinder...:eek:

Yep, tried it both ways just in case. And ya can't beat an angle grinder is right....sorted out a right lot of situations for me!!;)

TA'd the Euros are over and there's nothing on telly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA that I can't get Ronaldo's body out of mind all day...picturing it with a different head though...😉

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    TA that I can't get Ronaldo's body out of mind all day...picturing it with a different head though...😉

Thanks.... :pac:

TA'd that I'm tired but I have to go play 5 a side in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

My car fob has started playing up. It still works but only randomly now. Can work on first press or I can be pressing it like a lunatic a dozen times or more before the car unlocks. Changed the battery and that helped briefly but it's back to the same again. Seems to happen most in the morning when I am dashing out to work.

I'm a fairly sane and rational person but I now look at my car as trying to wind me and feel a John Cleese tree branch moment coming on regularly.
    I honestly have moments going out the door when I think "this ****ers gonna act the bollix with me and make me press and press."

Of course I could just put the key I'm the car door and unlock it but that would be letting the car win. :o

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »

Same here :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement