Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

tringle wrote: »
    People that don't know the correct way to approach and indicate on a roundabout...aaarrrrgh

Or how to merge...e.g. crawl to the end of the merging lane and then...stop. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I want a takeaway.

Alas, I no longer live in Dublin. They are all closed here in the backarse of nowhere.

Boooo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Need to sleep but my mind has other ideas.

Attention Seekers. Emotional vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

TA'd at the fact that I've become, through no fault of my own, that annoying neighbour- workmen have turned up at my place with their mini-diggers, other machines and general noise and disruption at 7.30 am today and yesterday, and it's likely to continue for two weeks. In and of itself it doesn't bother me cos I'm up and about at that hour anyway, and I'm looking forward to having the work done, but I'm concerned it's bothering the neighbours, who have teenagers on school holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Wanted a nice lie in today. Woke up hearing someone shout upstairs about a bomb which woke me up and was jumping out of bed. Turns out they were shouting up at someone else and this bomb was in the news already last night. And it was not even the same city.
    Now I am too on alert mode to go back to sleep. TA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I was in the middle of a really good dream when suddenly my dog woke me up so now I won't find out what happened in the end.

I've a stupid blocked runny nose, I haven't had one in years, and now I can't imagine a time when it wasn't runny. :( Why didn't I appreciate being able to breathe and stuff while I could?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

storker wrote: »
    Or how to merge...e.g. crawl to the end of the merging lane and then...stop. Jesus.

When I was learning to drive, any time I tried to get onto a motorway (I mean, I never drove on a motorway when I was a learner :P), I would approach it from a "slow down until there is a gap" position, not realizing it should be more of a "speed up into a gap" position. More often than not I wouldn't find a gap and would end up doing the drive of shame back up onto the next exit. Morto.

TA white wine hangover complete with sinuses and popping ears. What the actual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I've a stupid blocked runny nose, I haven't had one in years, and now I can't imagine a time when it wasn't runny. :( Why didn't I appreciate being able to breathe and stuff while I could?

Sounds like you just did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I was in the middle of a really good dream when suddenly my dog woke me up so now I won't find out what happened in the end.

What would have happened in the end is that your bedsheets would have been destroyed :pac:

TA'd that my hip/groin area is not getting any better, still sore, going on about 6 weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I won the Euromillions in my dream last night... and the dream ended just before I was presented with the big novelty cheque in Lotto HQ :(

Never even got to spend a penny of it!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA, well more than TA when people make decisions involving you without telling you first knowing that it will be too late for you to do anything to change the situation afterwards.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I won the Euromillions in my dream last night... and the dream ended just before I was presented with the big novelty cheque in Lotto HQ :(

Never even got to spend a penny of it!

:pac:

Did you wake up with the ould pisshorn and then had more trouble trying to 'spend a penny' :P

TA'd that I have housework to do later on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you wake up with the ould pisshorn and then had more trouble trying to 'spend a penny' :P

TA'd that I have housework to do later on :(

That's a major TA, like a sprinkler system gone mad! :D:D

That's a major TA, like a sprinkler system gone mad! :D:D

Better off sitting down

Better off sitting down

Lying across the toilet, arms out pretending to be Superman is the best :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MD is in our office today. One person always whinges that he is coming, but once he arrives same person always goes straight into his office to brown nose like a lunatic. Not sure does this person realise we all notice it being one.

If I were still in school I would make loud slurping noises :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Who moved my f***ing bin??????

I put it there for a reason, that's where it belongs, right where I put it, what possible reason could anyone have for moving it? where is it?

If anyone even twitches or gives the impression that they are going to glance in my general direction, I swear I will bite their f***in heads off....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I feel like the devil incarnate today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭streetcar

When someone doesn't bring their cup of tea to the bin to dispose of the teabag but instead walks over to the bin with the teabag dripping onto the floor from the spoon.

Nnnggg.

One of my siblings is playing Hozier on the piano and it triggered a full-on PTSD flashback for me of my son's birth (it's not the birth that was traumatic so much, it triggered repressed memories of sexual abuse.)

Dunno why Hozier triggered it, I know there was a radio in the room during labour. Maybe it was playing. Anyways it was terrifying.

Not happy at all about it. :( Can't deal with all that right now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Very trivial annoyance, but very annoying too: those stupid fecking labels sewn on the inside of tops/shirts/jumpers, etc. There are two kinds - the first (sewn all along the top part) usually has two pointy corners at the opposite end that stick into your skin and sting/itch like mad; the second is sewn on on the left and right hand side, and that creates a sort of a hoop in the middle that practically always catches my nose when I try to put on said top/jumper. Grrrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Flies. They swarm around my gate and when I get out to open it they fly into my car, then get stuck despite the window being fully open. Stupid little creatures....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

Men that you know are cheating on their gf but get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd at the heels of all my shoes for my right foot are destroyed by the mat on the floor of the car under the accelerator pedal. TA'd that I find it so hard to get into the habit of wearing an old pair of shoes just for driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hotel rooms -- why are they always so bloody warm at night??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

TG1 wrote: »
    kids. They swarm around my gate and when I get out to open it they fly into my car, then get stuck despite the window being fully open. Stupid little creatures....
    Fixed that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

One of my earphones is dying so I have the other one turned up higher. TA'd at when the other one comes back in and scares the sh1t out of me.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    that practically always catches my nose when I try to put on said top/jumper. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Put it on the Front to back and you'll be grand!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement