Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It's 20 degrees and humidity is at +80%, and the I just witnessed a guy walking around in what has to be fifteen foot long Wooley scarf, and a tshirt. gob****e!

Seen a guy up near Marley Park this morning about 10.30 walking along the main road in only his boxers, (starting early):eek:
    Colser wrote: »
    Same here and it's too hot in the car.WTFðŸ˜
    Swampy jocks, sitting on them seats, eh? :D

The hypochondrias :(

I've an ache in me head. I've an ache in me ear. I've an ache in me throat.

Beer. That solves everything. So does the thought of going to Galway Monday for the night and nice things happening this weekend. Yayyyy!

The hypochondrias.
    They come at night to give a fright.
    Never in the day.
    Oh must your little head always be this way.
    Think of happy. Think of fun.
    Think of how it could be.
    A life without the hypochondrias is surely one of glee.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

it took me a couple of goes to get the car started.
    I'm over ten years qualified

Post your picture please ;).

The way Facebook has gone, people dont get the memories thing and are posting stupid things like a jokey comment or a post about a bad day "I am glad today isnt like this day 8 years ago". And the competitions that are liked and shared where the prize is under a tenner, local Chinese is doing a Spice Bag meal and it has been liked and shared 180 times since last night. Have seen similar for a pack of sausages, get a grip peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Someone commenting on facebook how they were so lucky to have missed the coup in Turkey 'on account that I was in kusadisi last summer'.

FFS.

Electric hand dryers in pubs/restaurants etc - why do they all keep turning off whether you move your hands or not. You could have all Riverdance dancing furiously underneath them and they'd turn off for want of motion.

The Dyson ones are about the best but try putting your head down in it when you want to dry your hair after coming in from the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Facebook.

Simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Winterlong wrote: »
    Someone commenting on facebook how they were so lucky to have missed the coup in Turkey 'on account that I was in kusadisi last summer'.

FFS.

:eek::eek::eek: Talk about a brush with death! Hope she recovers soon from the trauma.

My TA - I'm staying in my parents house right now, and had to go post a letter. Problem - front door was locked, no one was home, and as I haven't lived here in years, I had no key. So I went out the back door, scaled a very high wall, climbed over a gate (which my dad has for some reason permanently bolted, jumped down the other side. This is something I'd done a million times as a kid, it's a lot more difficult when you're a very unfit adult. :(

Arrived home and proceeded to do the same maneuver again in reverse. Much puffing and panting, moderate jeering for the local urchins, suspicious looks from neighbours who probably thought I was planning a B&E, and worst of all I scratched a nail, and I only got them done yesterday. :(

Walk in the back door, and my mum's in the kitchen. She wasn't due home for a couple of hours, nor was anyone else, hence the reason I didn't even glance at the front door on my return (which was not just unlocked, but wide open!)

Not even p*ssed off at the climbing bit, just at the fact that the second effort was completely unnecessary. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Uppity attitudes from hairdressers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

northgirl wrote: »
    Uppity attitudes from hairdressers :confused:

Especially when they tut over your hair and the fringe you 'may' have given a slight trim to and they ask who cut it last time, implying it was with a knife and fork. I always answer 'you did' to that question and they soon stop tutting

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My escalating level of irritability. I need sleep then I will be able to cope with everything else.

A t-spine manipulation right now would mean more to me than a half day in a spa but it will be Tuesday at the earliest before I can get it done!

• Advertisement

Bad Rap music....aka whatever crap in playing at longitude right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Calypso27

This is more than a TA but I feel like it's as good a place to put it as any. I'm newly single and I'm lonely as fcuk, waiting for this feeling to pass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Very TA when people leave the kettle with no water for the next person.
    I always refill for at least 2 cups if I empty it for my tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Cat poop.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Cat poop.

I see your cat poop and raise you Fox poo. Lethal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Spent a couple nights in hospital last week for something minor. TA that the care attendants are simply not paid enough. Feckin heroes.

Their personalities make the patients feel completely at ease in some embarrassing and undignified situations.

They are better people than most, certainly than me.

^ TA that when I was admitted to hospital with a high fever I was refused any medication, including painkillers, and heard nurses sneering about "the irish one" with mental health problems. No, its a fever making me delirious not mental health.
    (But TH - trivially happy) that you received far better treatment)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Eight stitches in my finger. Can't go fishing. Can't do the gardening. Can't do nothing (as my granddaughter said)

OK can't wash up or vacuum but that doesn't make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hate when people in supermarkets discard items they suddenly decide they don't want and just shove them on whatever shelf is closest, instead of putting them back where they belong. Particularly stuff that should be in a freezer/fridge.

One prize fool dumped a fresh chicken in the freezer in Aldi today. Just ignorant and wasteful. Either buy the thing or put it back properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

More than TA that I have been forced to use the new version of boards on touch. Think it's because Im logging in from the UK at the mo?? New version crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Pokemon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My throat and chest are driving me crazy with itching. I feel like sticking a back scratcher down my gullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Pirates of the cairrbean, each film is worse than the last, awful... Just awful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Left some dishes on the draining board last night, knowing they'd be dry by morning. Mrs S gets up first, washes some dishes and a saucepan and puts them on top of the dry crockery.

Just noticed my TAs all seem to revolve around things my wife does.

TA I am getting annoyed about going to see my grandfather. He was moved 3 hours away from where we are due to his dementia effecting brain more, and I think I am just scared of him not recognising me. But the fact he is so far from anyone he knows??? Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd it is just too warm and humid and i am tired but can't sleep

also ta'd i can find nothing to watch on tv :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hangovers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

failinis wrote:
    TA I am getting annoyed about going to see my grandfather. He was moved 3 hours away from where we are due to his dementia effecting brain more, and I think I am just scared of him not recognising me. But the fact he is so far from anyone he knows??? Ugh

Hope he recognises you.

Getting commissioned to build a tent in our garden......mission successful.
    And then it is too warm for the commissioner to play in the damned thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

People who think being a parent has bestowed them with wonderful insights into the world and who think their life is so fantastic that everyone should become a parent, and who insist on telling me this despite me having said for as long as they've known me (approx 17 years) that I do not want to have kids. "Oh but you just don't understand how great it is, you see everything differently". Ehh, I don't want to see everything differently, I quite like the way I see things at the moment, thanks! I have a lovely life and a great lifestyle, and I ain't changing that because you gush about parenthood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement