Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

People who think being a parent has bestowed them with wonderful insights into the world and who think their life is so fantastic that everyone should become a parent, and who insist on telling me this despite me having said for as long as they've known me (approx 17 years) that I do not want to have kids. "Oh but you just don't understand how great it is, you see everything differently". Ehh, I don't want to see everything differently, I quite like the way I see things at the moment, thanks! I have a lovely life and a great lifestyle, and I ain't changing that because you gush about parenthood.

Some people love to advise a lot and spread "the word" don't they? :D each to their own I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Must head to Cork to pick up returning holidaymakers off the air coach. Have to pick up a car, fit child seats, head to the city find parking close by and wait. Not a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

TAd that my first hangover free Sunday in ages has been taken over by a cold, so I'm even more miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

mewe wrote: »
    Hope he recognises you.

Slightly TA he embarrassed me by introducing me to all the nurses as his lovely grand daughter (he forgot my name but in principle knew who I was) :D
    His behaviour has gotten worse, but he is still "him" so thats far more than I expected.

TA cows were loose on the roads delaying the route home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Closing multiple apps on your phone and accidentally closing the music app in the middle of a great song :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Italian chippers not offering you tartar sauce or lemon with your meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA that someone behind me leaned on the horn at me when I stalled at the traffic lights and it took me a couple of goes to get the car started. I don't mind a polite "reminder" beep, but leaning on the horn is a bit much when it's very obvious that the driver is trying to start the car, rather than just having not seen the lights! I wouldn't even mind but the L plates were on the car!

(I'm over ten years qualified and I very rarely stall, was driving an unfamiliar car, I'm actually quite a good driver! But still, the L plates were there, for all they knew I could've been a newb! Have some patience, people!)

That is more than TA, it's maddening. The last time someone did that to me I had PMT and I actually stopped the car and got out and went up to the beeper to ask them had they not seen the L plates and had they never been a learner. Amazing how brave people are behind the wheel.. not so face to face.

TA I am three hours into my diet and I hate it already. I miss pizza and Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Office is roasting, no air-con. Reckon I've lost at least a stone through sweat already. Hate this!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

People :(
    I want to work alone today and not have to talk to anyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather at the moment is great but you just know that by Friday we'll be back to 14/15 degree temperatures and overcast skies, that is TA'ing me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People who talk on the phone when in the toilet disturbing my quiet time in trap 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

"Haaaawwwww?" and "Hwaaaaaaaaaa?" are not valid replacements for "pardon?", "sorry?" or "excuse me?".

TA I spent £3.99 on a "good" white marker to use on black paper, does not work, just leaves some disgusting pen "pre cum" all over the place instead of white ink. (And yes I did follow the instructions). In bin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 log.lady

People who block the left "lane" of an escalator or travellator. My local supermarket has one that connects it to the car park and I could scream if I have couples/ groups in front of me blocking everyone's precious path.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've just heard UPC/Virgin Media are no longer broadcasting BT Sports from July 31, I am not trivially annoyed, I am absolutely apoplectic with rage here. Good job for them their Customer Service phoneline is closed for the day cos I'd ring them up and call them everything from a pig to a cúnt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

On the one evening that I could really do without it, some young lads are driving into my yard and pulling rings, one with a quad and the other in a bloody tractor! I had to walk all the way down and close the mega heavy gate to stop them coming in but they just did it outside the gate anyway. I'm really not in the mood tonight. Much more than a TA really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

My mobile is acting up, my tablet is acting up, my wi-fi is acting up.

Technology is taking its revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Heat, heat and sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd that leaflets looking for 'used, unwanted and spare clothes' are still being put in my letterbox despite having a 'NO Junkmail/No unaddressed items' sign on the door. If they were pushed right through, it wouldn't be too bad, but they are placed carefully in the letterbox so that they are sticking out and it's clearly visible if I am away for a few days. At one point, I even took one of the leaflets, selotaped it under the letterbox and put a note beside it saying 'No leaflets please' and it was ignored. The leaflet will have a day of the week circled indicating when they will collect the stuff. So I got a bag, left it in my porch, attached the most recent leaflet with a note asking politely not to deliver any more leaftlet in future as I don't have any unwanted clothing but this was ignore and I continued to get the things. Somebody delivers these at around 4.00 am seemingly so unless I stay up all night, I won't get to speak to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Full-time dieters who at every opportunity discuss the ins and outs of calories, fat, sugar and how much weight they can lose etc and yet they look the exact same as they were years ago no matter how much they talk about it.
    Reckon it's an obsession by now but it's trivial annoying to have to listen to it

• Advertisement

TA I went to sleep late and now since 6am the tv downstairs turned up, cupboard doors slammed, microwave door slammed, dishes in sink etc. Have some cop on. Be quiet!!!!

I went to bed with a thumping headache, hoping it would disappear. But no, it's still here, worse than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The fact that the layout of Boards changed last night & I don't like it very much.

Missing a phone call that I really wanted to take. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Opening a banana and finding brown/black bits in it. So disgusting...:mad:

Knine wrote: »
    The fact that the layout of Boards changed last night & I don't like it very much.

Im still on the version from about 4 years ago. just change it in settings...

Reading all these posts about TA's and not having a clue what they are referring to!!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

.[/QUOTE]

Im still on the version from about 4 years ago. just change it in settings...[/quote]

I looked in settings but don't see any options for changing it back.

When there is someone walking slow up front and we all have to toddle along at their pace because the spineless fools directly behind them wont pass them out. The centre aisle in Penneys O'Connell Street is a particular bítch for this carry on.

• Advertisement

Reading all these posts about TA's and not having a clue what they are referring to!!!!!!:confused:

Trivial Annoyances

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement