Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Marje wrote: »
    Full-time dieters who at every opportunity discuss the ins and outs of calories, fat, sugar and how much weight they can lose etc and yet they look the exact same as they were years ago no matter how much they talk about it.
    Reckon it's an obsession by now but it's trivial annoying to have to listen to it

God this drives me mad. If talking about food burned calories they'd be stick insects. Same people who launch into a monologue when you have food in front of them. "Oh God I'd love a bit of that, but I'm trying to be good" etc. Here love just take some, and have a sprinkle of moderation on top! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Waiting for a delivery and no tracking update so no clue when to expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    God this drives me mad. If talking about food burned calories they'd be stick insects. Same people who launch into a monologue when you have food in front of them. "Oh God I'd love a bit of that, but I'm trying to be good" etc. Here love just take some, and have a sprinkle of moderation on top! :P

TA at my foundation course we went down for a tea break in the cafe.
    A girl who sat with us bought tea and it was a snickers or mars bar, and another girl just straight out said "thats 100 calories" or whatever, made me furious, let the girl eat what she wants.
    (This girl being "questioned" on her choices was not even over weight, she was almost a bit too thin) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Knine wrote: »

I looked in settings but don't see any options for changing it back.

Try: User CP/edit options/forum skin

Im on the white option. proper retro!!!

The weather. Jaysus.

I'm on my way home and I'm staying inside until November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The weather. Jaysus.

Stop yer giving out. Wear less clothes and buy an ice pop.

TA at people complaining about the wonderful weather! Enjoy it people. Its great!

Winterlong wrote: »

TA at people complaining about the wonderful weather! Enjoy it people. Its great!

TA that just because there is warm weather some people assume that we all must love it and enjoy it. I can barely breathe in the heat. It drains me. I wish so much that I wasn't like this but it's just the way it is.

I could never figure out the huge love for soaring temperatures over the stark beauty of a Snow covered land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

The weather. Jaysus.

You big ginger, you!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that just because there is warm weather some people assume that we all must love it and enjoy it. I can barely breathe in the heat. It drains me. I wish so much that I wasn't like this but it's just the way it is.

I could never figure out the huge love for soaring temperatures over the stark beauty of a Snow covered land.

Snow.....now there's something that definitely TA's me, brings zero positives to the table imo!

You big ginger, you!!!:)

Dark haired and pale skinned :)

• Advertisement

Some of us hate it! Seriously if you have to work in an office that hasn't a proper air con system and then battle with public transport and smelly, hot, sticky people bumping and bashing into you. Feet grow by at least half a size in this heat too - how do we manage with heels that are tricky at the best of times? Also the pollen count is through the fúckin roof. I'm sick waking up red-eyed and miss my sense of smell. An ice pop will not sort me out.

TA the expectation that we are all meant to be doing fúcking cartwheels because the sun has decided to grace us with its presence.

TA I'm grumpy because my crush is a thousand miles away on a boat :( - at least the weather is better here though ;) (I'll get my coat)

kfallon wrote: »
    Snow.....now there's something that definitely TA's me, brings zero positives to the table imo!

I love snow :) I love the clean, crisp cool air and the silence except for snow crunching underfoot. Ah lovely :) Roll on November...

Some of us hate it! Seriously if you have to work in an office that hasn't a proper air con system and then battle with public transport and smelly, hot, sticky people bumping and bashing into you. Feet grow by at least half a size in this heat too - how do we manage with heels that are tricky at the best of times? Also the pollen count is through the fúckin roof. I'm sick waking up red-eyed and miss my sense of smell. An ice pop will not sort me out.

TA the expectation that we are all meant to be doing fúcking cartwheels because the sun has decided to grace us with its presence.

TA I'm grumpy because my crush is a thousand miles away on a boat :( - at least the weather is better here though ;) (I'll get my coat)

And when it's colder weather you'll be in here giving out that people are coughing and spluttering all over the place, spreading their germs close to you.

TA I was planning on going into town but I feel like I have no reason and no one to see there - mentally reframed it as going for a walk just locally then realised i am far to fatigued so I will be TA at nice weather looking out the window instead :rolleyes:

And when it's colder weather you'll be in here giving out that people are coughing and spluttering all over the place, spreading their germs close to you.
    This TA is not exclusive to cold weather. TA the old wive's tale that the weather, as opposed to germs, causes illness.

failinis wrote: »
    TA I was planning on going into town but I feel like I have no reason and no one to see there - mentally reframed it as going for a walk just locally then realised i am far to fatigued so I will be TA at nice weather looking out the window instead :rolleyes:

TA'd that you won't go in for a walk! Into town with ya, have a look around the shops or just sit outside somewhere in the warm weather and watch the world go by! :)

I'm in town I can meet you if you buy me lunch :p

(TA left my wallet at home so must live off the fat reserves til 5pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭streetcar

That today is not a weekend day so that I can be at home enjoying this glorious weather!

streetcar wrote: »
    That today is not a weekend day so that I can be at home enjoying this glorious weather!

And then you see the usual suspects on the luas with their cans of devils bit heading off down to Connolly to go to Bray.

TA'd that you won't go in for a walk! Into town with ya, have a look around the shops or just sit outside somewhere in the warm weather and watch the world go by! :)

I'm very fatigued generally so town is too much, but I may go for a short walk locally maybe and just sit outside.
    I'm in town I can meet you if you buy me lunch :p

(TA left my wallet at home so must live off the fat reserves til 5pm)

TA that I bet you live pretty far!

• Advertisement

I'm very fatigued generally so town is too much, but I may go for a short walk locally maybe and just sit outside.

Make sure you get a 99 while you are out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

TA at my foundation course we went down for a tea break in the cafe.
    A girl who sat with us bought tea and it was a snickers or mars bar, and another girl just straight out said "thats 100 calories" or whatever, made me furious, let the girl eat what she wants.
    (This girl being "questioned" on her choices was not even over weight, she was almost a bit too thin) :mad:

Ha I would've got another one just to piss her off!

Where, a field!! :(

Where, a field!! :(

TA'd you don't have a shop close by to purchase a cone :(

With a flake and strawberry sauce.

TA now I want one of them.

With a flake and strawberry sauce.

TA now I want one of them.

Am I right in saying it's not a 99 anyway without a flake? It's just a normal cone!

TA that I want one now too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The way people with strong Dublin accents pronounce the word "work".

(yes, I'm listening to Loiveloin)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to the USA (Houston TX, December), but airline websites are annoying me. I'm hoping to travel direct to the USA from Dublin, so I can go through US Customs & Immigration here: I've done it a few times already, it's a major time-saver on arrival. Last time I arrived at Houston, it was an hour in the queue at Immigration.

Trying to find the flights I want is made harder by "Codesharing". American Airlines fly direct to the USA, but their search keeps returning British Airways flights via Heathrow, because they're currently cheaper and more plentiful. Now, I don't want to fly BA via Heathrow for a number of reasons, which are mostly due to Heathrow itself. Transferring between Terminals is a nightmare, but if I book all BA, I would be going through Terminal 5 only. However, Terminal 5 doesn't have airside connections i.e. you have to go through security again, and security at UK airports is always slow and annoying. T5 has problems of its own, too. That's on top of the Immigration problem at the other side. So, BA via LHR is a last resort only.

Now repeat the same pattern for other US airlines. Delta? No, I don't want to fly Air France via Paris or KLM via Amsterdam. United & Aer Lingus are Codesharing and want to send me via Heathrow with long layovers. Both can do DUB-USA flights, but at a significantly higher cost. US Airways? They've been gobbled up by American. If I've got to change at a European airport, it looks like Lufthansa via Frankfurt, so I can get their A380 to Houston & back - longer but nicer flight. (I don't think I've been long-haul on an airliner made in the last 20 years.)

tl;dr: Airline Codesharing makes it harder to find the flights I want when I want them.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you bring back sweets from holidays and someone has to the cheek to complain about the type of sweets.

When you bring in biscuits to work and you notice the pack has been finished but the box and wrapper is just sitting out on the table. Ungrateful swines I tell you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

scdublin wrote: »
    When you bring back sweets from holidays and someone has to the cheek to complain about the type of sweets.

More often than not the people who never go anywhere and therefore never have to bring anything back.

TA today: Tired due to not having slept, due to heat last night and cats mating under my window .... :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement