Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Top 10 would be.

1. The media's obsession with ex boyband members singing very poor modern country music.
    2. Chirpy radio presenters spending 2 full hours talking nonsense and getting well paid to do so.
    3. Radios on in pubs especially if they are playing programmes relating to either 1 or 2 above.
    4. People who cannot leave down their I-Phone for a second and have to be constantly on Twitter.
    5. The media's obsession with certain handpicked individuals who often are not all that talented.
    6. Sourface publicans and pub workers who resent their customers.
    7. Nicky Byrne's recent Eurovision entry Sunlight.
    8. Excessive and unnecessary bad language used in modern films.
    9. Accordion players who think their music is all that matters.
    10. Pointless filler inner storylines in soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I bought War and Peace and I was determined to read it. That was two years ago and now I'm just using it to prop the bedroom window open. I didn't like Anna Karenina very much so maybe I wouldn't like War and Peace. I'll give it a go when this balmy weather has passed. Maybe :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA at printers - they must be a leading cause of high blood pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

kfallon wrote: »
    That shít annoys me, happened to me a few times too til eventually I kept telling them I 'had to be somewhere'. I don't give a fúck if the creche fines you, couldn't give a gee tbh, bring your sob story to somebody who gives a shít!

TA'd that I had a TA as I began to type and now I can't remember it....must have been ever so trivial :o

Eurgh TA people who think they are God's gift because they have kids. I was at a graduation recently that had a strict no children policy and someone insisted on carting his 1 and 3 year old in and the 1 year old cried and the 3 year old nattered through the entire ceremony. After these students spending four years of their lives working hard and making sacrifices to achieve their goals, there is a fúckin sprog screaming throughout their ceremony. It's not as if the kids will even remember being at daddys graduation!

Major TA yesterday's luas. Where in the name of all that's good and holy did all those people come from? I let one go because it was jammed and the next was even worse. Where are all these people when the weather is bad? Do they decide to just zip up and down the red line all day when the sun shines? None of this makes any sense! I sometimes suspect that I am actually living in a Truman Show-esque reality and that these morons are all just fúcking rent a crowd to see how much it takes to send me over the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Major TA yesterday's luas. Where in the name of all that's good and holy did all those people come from? I let one go because it was jammed and the next was even worse. Where are all these people when the weather is bad? Do they decide to just zip up and down the red line all day when the sun shines? None of this makes any sense! I sometimes suspect that I am actually living in a Truman Show-esque reality and that these morons are all just fúcking rent a crowd to see how much it takes to send me over the edge.

Ah here, nothing worse than an unwelcome stench on packed public transport, TA'd at you for letting a sly fart out :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah here, nothing worse than an unwelcome stench on packed public transport, TA'd at you for letting a sly fart out :pac:

:D

TA I forgot my glasses today and only have one daily lens on me so I am officially one-eyed trying to do my job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Eurgh TA people who think they are God's gift because they have kids. I was at a graduation recently that had a strict no children policy and someone insisted on carting his 1 and 3 year old in and the 1 year old cried and the 3 year old nattered through the entire ceremony. After these students spending four years of their lives working hard and making sacrifices to achieve their goals, there is a fúckin sprog screaming throughout their ceremony. It's not as if the kids will even remember being at daddys graduation!
    Good to see I am not the only one who gets TA'ed by this type of behaviour where you are made to feel like a social outcast if you raise the issue.I appreciate that trying to juggle kids when you are out and about can sometimes be difficult but it doesn't bestow on you any type of special license or permit to act how you choose with disregard for others or social events.

I was sitting at a restaurant bar counter recently. A mother came in with her child and put the buggy right behind my stool locking me in despite there being ample space elsewhere. When I was leaving I had no option but to move the buggy and the said mother glares at me. Only I have mellowed over the years I would have given her a caustic reply.

I don't have kids so it means I can travel quite a bit when and where I choose. If I am talking with someone who has kids about my last trip or the next one the standard answer is "Well isn't well for ya" and you can almost feel them trying to supress the roll eyes. You chose to have kids. If that limits your ability to travel then suck it up. Me talking about travelling is the equivalent of you talking non-stop about your children. I have the decency and courtesy to listen without being patronising never mind to stop to think why someone might not have kids either because a) they have no desire b) they can't have c) some other reason

God, that felt good.TG for TA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I bought War and Peace and I was determined to read it. That was two years ago and now I'm just using it to prop the bedroom window open. I didn't like Anna Karenina very much so maybe I wouldn't like War and Peace. I'll give it a go when this balmy weather has passed. Maybe :p.

I can lend you my 15 year old copy of Ulysses if you like. The book mark has not been moved from the Funeral chapter in about 14 years.

Shint0 wrote: »
    Good to see I am not the only one who gets TA'ed by this type of behaviour where you are made to feel like a social outcast if you raise the issue.I appreciate that trying to juggle kids when you are out and about can sometimes be difficult but it doesn't bestow on you any type of special license or permit to act how you choose with disregard for others or social events.

I was sitting at a restaurant bar counter recently. A mother came in with her child and put the buggy right behind my stool locking me in despite there being ample space elsewhere. When I was leaving I had no option but to move the buggy and the said mother glares at me. Only I have mellowed over the years I would have given her a caustic reply.

I don't have kids so it means I can travel quite a bit when and where I choose. If I am talking with someone who has kids about my last trip or the next one the standard answer is "Well isn't well for ya" and you can almost feel them trying to supress the roll eyes. You chose to have kids. If that limits your ability to travel then suck it up. Me talking about travelling is the equivalent of you talking non-stop about your children. I have the decency and courtesy to listen without being patronising never mind to stop to think why someone might not have kids either because a) they have no desire b) they can't have c) some other reason

God, that felt good.TG for TA :)

don't know when having kids went from being something normal to some kind of elitist statement. Certainly when I was a kid, kids were kids. When my parents went for meals on the campsite restaurant, we got a bag of chips and played outside in the playground (and made them feel guilty by looking in at them through the glass lol).

We all grow up thoroughly average at the end of the day.

TA I missed out on being treated like the ultimate accessory when I was a kid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

When the dentist jams your cheeks full of those cotton rolls - the texture makes me feel sick

When the dentist jams your cheeks full of those cotton rolls - the texture makes me feel sick

Or says, "don't swallow" and you start salivating furiously.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

It's not so much a TA more of a large annoyance, but people who don't and won't even try to understand someone who's dealing with depression, but who would rather avoid said person and make them feel even more alienated than before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It took me longer than anticipated to mow my lawn because my back garden has become frog central. Don't want to hack up any of the poor little feckers so i was constantly having to stop the mower and chase them out of the long grass.

Problem is that frogs are a bit thick and don't follow instruction well so they kept jumping back into the bit i was just about to mow :D One guy had the right idea and just jumped up onto the blocks that my oil tank is on and sat watching me until i was finished.

Perhaps not very trivial but basically a few years ago I agreed to pay half my parents mortgage (brother pays the other half) but now after 5 years I'm just damn well sick of it. Every day seems to be the last day of the month and I'm sick of not being able to start saving for you know, my OWN mortgage. Of course I'd be the worst in the world if I mentioned anything but my parents seem to think I have an amazing six figure salary coming in each year when I am actually only on the average industrial wage. So long new shoes, goodbye champagne, hello random shopping trips and holidays that I cant indulge in. Oh, hi Penneys, yes I am here to buy some more of your shít clothes for work.

Rabble rabble. :mad:

Perhaps not very trivial but basically a few years ago I agreed to pay half my parents mortgage (brother pays the other half) but now after 5 years I'm just damn well sick of it. Every day seems to be the last day of the month and I'm sick of not being able to start saving for you know, my OWN mortgage. Of course I'd be the worst in the world if I mentioned anything but my parents seem to think I have an amazing six figure salary coming in each year when I am actually only on the average industrial wage. So long new shoes, goodbye champagne, hello random shopping trips and holidays that I cant indulge in. Oh, hi Penneys, yes I am here to buy some more of your shít clothes for work.

Rabble rabble. :mad:

Wow, I am still TA about that set of saucepans I bought my mum in 1997. You win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Drivers who don't indicate around walkers/cyclists. You're idiots.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It took me longer than anticipated to mow my lawn because my back garden has become frog central. Don't want to hack up any of the poor little feckers so i was constantly having to stop the mower and chase them out of the long grass.

Problem is that frogs are a bit thick and don't follow instruction well so they kept jumping back into the bit i was just about to mow :D One guy had the right idea and just jumped up onto the blocks that my oil tank is on and sat watching me until i was finished.

This made me laugh. I think its very sweet :) TA our tadpoles never turned to frogs this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Winterlong wrote: »
    I can lend you my 15 year old copy of Ulysses if you like. The book mark has not been moved from the Funeral chapter in about 14 years.

Haha I have a copy, haven't started it yet either :p.

TA at people shouting in the street at all hours of the day or night. People can't seem to communicate without bellowing anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A good game being ruined by borderline trolls.

• Advertisement

A good game being ruined by borderline trolls.

You have played games with my wife too? :D

TA that I would like to be anywhere else than here - in my home office tied to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When someone IMs you in work about something and it takes them ages to type. They write one sentence, then you see them type again for several minutes, then another sentence appears, etc. We could be done with this in 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

A cat was killed on the road near my house a few days ago. It was at the side if the road but somehow it is now moved to the edge of the road and has been squashed by a car and the smell is terrible and it looks disgusting. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Shannon757 wrote: »
    A cat was killed on the road near my house a few days ago. It was at the side if the road but somehow it is now moved to the edge of the road and has been squashed by a car and the smell is terrible and it looks disgusting. Very sad.
    :(:(

I hate seeing animals dead on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Being told by almost everyone, your 'so much better doing this guy's job' as and when you cover his almost bye-Weekly sick or annual leave, flat tyre, baby/girlfriend/dog is sick and won't be in today's...

But then knowing he got that job and not you.

Shannon757 wrote: »

TA that nobody moved the body.

god's toy wrote: »
    Being told by almost everyone, your 'so much better doing this guy's job' as and when you cover his almost bye-Weekly sick or annual leave, flat tyre, baby/girlfriend/dog is sick and won't be in today's...

But then knowing he got that job and not you.

I had to train in the person who got the job over me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

miezekatze wrote: »
    When someone IMs you in work about something and it takes them ages to type. They write one sentence, then you see them type again for several minutes, then another sentence appears, etc. We could be done with this in 2 minutes.
    TA someone would be TA'ed about this type of siutation. I have an informal diagnosis of probable mild dyspraxia otherwise known as hamfistedness :D I was told by an 'expert' so it must be true :rolleyes: although I can put my hands to good use in some situations but touch typing and me will never form a long-term partnership.

Flying Ants. I have not seen one yet but I know they are coming....they they TA the hell out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭YellowLead

People who take their coat off when they have sat down beside you on the train, but they do not pick it up but keep sitting on it so the arms and sides flap over to touch off you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement