Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭YellowLead

People who leave their toast crumbs in the butter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Winterlong wrote: »
    I have not seen one yet but I know they are coming
    Yet you could not predict the Euromillions win.That would be a real TA for me too to have intermittent telepathic skills which only predicts the minor stuff.

I managed to get chewing gum on my jeans. It's not noticeable or visible, as such, but any time I try to stand up from sitting down, I can feel it like velcro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Perhaps not very trivial but basically a few years ago I agreed to pay half my parents mortgage (brother pays the other half) but now after 5 years I'm just damn well sick of it. Every day seems to be the last day of the month and I'm sick of not being able to start saving for you know, my OWN mortgage. Of course I'd be the worst in the world if I mentioned anything but my parents seem to think I have an amazing six figure salary coming in each year when I am actually only on the average industrial wage. So long new shoes, goodbye champagne, hello random shopping trips and holidays that I cant indulge in. Oh, hi Penneys, yes I am here to buy some more of your shít clothes for work.

Rabble rabble. :mad:

I'll go one better. Bought the parents house for them. Only 27 years to go.. YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Flies. Just went for a lovely walk with the OH but we were tormented by a cloud of the ba$tards swarming around our heads. Then when we got home, loads of them were flying around the flat because we left the windows open. I hate them so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Apartment is roasting, windows are broken so can't open them. Roommate decides to make a roast dinner. So hot in here it's hard to breathe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Bad quality Skype calls on news programmes, sky news are the worst for this. Wouldn't it be much better to just do a regular phone call instead of showing a pixely guy talking and it keeps breaking up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My other earphone has stopped working so now I have now earphones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

When people say the irish are ''the blacks of europe.''(I know it's from the commitments) In that context, the slavs are probably the blacks of europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Drove all the way to the beach and when I was just about to get out of the car, I felt a vicious rumble in the bowel. Goodbye scenic walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I managed to pick the most statically charged trolley in the shopping centre. It was quite a shock.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Those bullshyt 1990 will be 30 years ago in 4 years- let that sink in posts on FB!!!

Has no one any concept of time anymore!!!

1990 was 26 years ago, what's so difficult about that!!!!!

And breathe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭YellowLead

A colleague eats the last sweet/biscuit, but leaves the empty bag/wrapper behind as if it still contains joyful goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

4am and still cant sleep. I know I will be forced out of bed at 8am "just cause your home for summer does not mean you can laze about in bed".
    I can see 8am coming like a train on a track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Literally had two hours sleep and have to act human in a short space of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People who turn on the heating in the office when it's 25c outside.....

We won't to be cold do they not understand? Ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The 'low fuel' indicator coming on when you are 40km from your destination and late....the car computer says there is enough fuel for 80km....but I just dont trust that thing....
    Its like a roulette gamble on whether you will make it or not. Obviously I made it, but the TA is the worry you put yourself thru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Everyone in the smoking area knows my name but I don't know theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Allergic conjunctivitis. So tired of being red-eyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

That crease on the inside of my elbow that seems to be the first part of my body to get sweaty and therefore sticky in this weather. Almost as bad as peeling myself off our leather couch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Everyone in the smoking area knows my name but I don't know theirs.

Do you smoke in Cheers.

TA that the scone I had was a bit too crumbly and fell apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ticket master, a shower of incompetent, robbing, **** bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ticket master, a shower of incompetent, robbing, **** bastards!

Service charge for reading your post will be €6.50.

TA that concert tickets from ticketmaster seem to be 'print your own'. They should be paying me a service charge for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Winterlong wrote: »
    Service charge for reading your post will be €6.50.

TA that concert tickets from ticketmaster seem to be 'print your own'. They should be paying me a service charge for that.

TA (well more than that) that ticketmaster get away with their official reselling crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Colser wrote: »
    scdublin wrote:
    When you bring back sweets from holidays and someone has to the cheek to complain about the type of sweets.

I hate those massive bags of small hard sweets that people bring back from hols,bring back some decent choccy ones or jellies.(I brought after eights so I'm entitled to complain ),

I don't get it though, just don't eat them! I usually bring chewy ones similar to starbursts from Spain etc and they're gone straight away.

The time I'm thinking of was when I'd brought back sweets from America - brought peanut butter chocolate ones, candy type ones and Hershey's. Someone started moaning about how disgusting Hershey's are etc. I'm not the biggest fan either, but just don't eat those ones then and certainly don't complain to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My neighbours kids (aged 15-21) who call their parents by their first names e.g. "Tommy, could you leave me into town?", "I need you to sign a form, Bridie".

Weirdoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

UTV IRELAND.......sorry, competitions are not open to viewers in Ireland, so what's the Ireland bit in the title for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Once again spent about 20 minutes waiting around at a luas stop, ffs! There was a train scheduled during that time, but it had to go to the depot instead and offloaded a train full of passengers on to an already crowded platform. Second time this week, I think I spent more time waiting for trains this week than actually being on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

scdublin wrote: »
    I don't get it though, just don't eat them! I usually bring chewy ones similar to starbursts from Spain etc and they're gone straight away.

The time I'm thinking of was when I'd brought back sweets from America - brought peanut butter chocolate ones, candy type ones and Hershey's. Someone started moaning about how disgusting Hershey's are etc. I'm not the biggest fan either, but just don't eat those ones then and certainly don't complain to me about it.
    Ingrates really make me TA. I stopped giving gifts to a couple of people who had the audacity in the past to ask me to return certain items for something else or chastise me for getting the wrong size for a child even when it was in their age group. Shoulda got a bigger size. They are not even immediate family. Now they get nothing. Nada. Of course I'm the meanie now. That type of attitude needs to be stamped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

When people say though it's feckin Tough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement