Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Hot hotel rooms. Currently 28deg in my room in Wales. Air Con not working. Fan provided but thats just blowing hot air around. Going to be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

smilerf wrote: »
    When people say though it's feckin Tough

Here's another one: people saying 'taught' when they mean 'thought '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

That moment you realise you are going to fall before landing in a puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Know instead of no and stough instead of stuff. Dear God! Teeth-grindingly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

People who pronounce the euro 16 winners as port two gal
    Aware some do but I hate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My duvet has folded on itself over inside the cover. As well as alternating between too hot/too cold with this heat, have to deal with this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    My duvet has folded on itself over inside the cover. As well as alternating between too hot/too cold with this heat, have to deal with this as well.

It's not even hot anymore??

My TA is ugly people who think they are good looking...just accept your ugly like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Seeing girls with these really short shorts on, you know the ones. And girls that really should not be wearing them. You know the ones I'm talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Chijj wrote: »
    It's not even hot anymore??

My TA is ugly people who think they are good looking...just accept your ugly like the rest of us.

It's extremely humid even if the temperatures have dropped a bit.

TA'd at the guy in the car park who forgot to pay his ticket so held up the whole place by abandoning the car at the gates to go back in and pay rather than use the buzzer to call for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Hot hotel rooms. Currently 28deg in my room in Wales. Air Con not working. Fan provided but thats just blowing hot air around. Going to be a long night.

Top tip - go see if you can get some ice in a bowl from the hotel, place it behind the fan (maybe raise it up on books so its at the whizzy bit height) and it should have a slightly cooler air for a bit.

TA I need to post something I sold on eBay but no box small enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I miss my holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When people say though it's feckin Tough
    Shannon757 wrote: »
    That moment you realise you are going to fall before landing in a puddle.
    People who pronounce the euro 16 winners as port two gal
    Aware some do but I hate it
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »

TA None of this makes any sense to me. Am I still drunk from last night or were you all drunk when writing your TA's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

People who spell "college" as "collage", very frequent here on boards!!

Bad spelling of importance.

Importence.
    Imporetance.
    Importince.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I miss my holidays.

Welcome home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The flies are driving me mental..chased one around the kitchen for ages trying to hit him with a rolled up newspaper but kept missing the little fcuker and then when I gave up he buzzed into my hair taunting me t o chase him again. I'll get you yet you annoying little p***K.There's a whole family of them here now and they're landing on me on the couch..I absolutely hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Colser wrote: »
    The flies are driving me mental..chased one around the kitchen for ages trying to hit him with a rolled up newspaper but kept missing the little fcuker and then when I gave up he buzzed into my hair taunting me t o chase him again. I'll get you yet you annoying little p***K.There's a whole family of them here now and they're landing on me on the couch..I absolutely hate them.

Joss sticks are what you need. Make the house smell nice and get the flies stoned.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I miss my holidays.

Welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The struggle not to post smart comments in reply to status updates on Facebook is nearly killing me :(

73Cat wrote: »
    The struggle not to post smart comments in reply to status updates on Facebook is nearly killing me :(

Usually when that happens I know it's a sign that I just need to get off Facebook. It normally solves the problem pretty quick.

I had two days off at the start of the week and since my return on Wednesday I've had zero motivation to do any actual work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Usually when that happens I know it's a sign that I just need to get off Facebook. It normally solves the problem pretty quick.

I had two days off at the start of the week and since my return on Wednesday I've had zero motivation to do any actual work.

That's very true.......but it's TA that I couldn't have just one day, one fabulous day, to post what I wanted without repercussions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's been one of those weeks tbh..I'm shattered all week,impossible to get up in the mornings,motivation has upped and left here also but might reappear later for a trip to the local...ðŸ˜

Just everything.

There was a big gaping void in my morning where Ivan Yates used to be. Instead that Bobby Kerr lad was on talking shíte.

My lunch today was boring auld salad stuff. It was kind of nice but it was no samitch or spicy chicken wrap.

Feeling tired. Imagine if it wasn't a thing and we never felt tired. Imagine if energy coursed through our veins like quicksilver!

There is a remake of Blade Runner in the works. Or a part two or some such travesty.

My passive aggresive and sometimes jealous friend. It's weird. Just stop.

Needing to go to M&S for tights when all I will want to do is go home.

Tights. Need to start wearing those sexy stocking things instead. Although my mammy always used to tell me to have a few layers around my kidneys so they wouldn't get cold :)

Alzheimers disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

You do not need to hit the brakes when you see a speed van if you are driving within the speed limit .AAAAAGH :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

People who don't use their breaks to warn us when approaching a speed camera! Always get caught flying past those law abiding people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Hey and what about people who queue across the pavement - at right angles to the street - when waiting in line for a cash machine (ATM)?
    Thus forcing innocent persons including mammies with prams to step off the kerb to go around this stupid queue. What's wrong with queueing lengthways - parallel with the buildings? So all of us can use the path?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

73Cat wrote: »

Ditto, I've stopped myself reading comments on pretty much every article on there now, it's not worth the annoyance they cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

katemarch wrote: »
    Hey and what about people who queue across the pavement - at right angles to the street - when waiting in line for a cash machine (ATM)?
    Thus forcing innocent persons including mammies with prams to step off the kerb to go around this stupid queue. What's wrong with queueing lengthways - parallel with the buildings? So all of us can use the path?

Just walk straight through the queue, I don't even have a pram and I wouldn't take myself out of the way.

Just everything.

There was a big gaping void in my morning where Ivan Yates used to be. Instead that Bobby Kerr lad was on talking shíte.

My lunch today was boring auld salad stuff. It was kind of nice but it was no samitch or spicy chicken wrap.

Feeling tired. Imagine if it wasn't a thing and we never felt tired. Imagine if energy coursed through our veins like quicksilver!

There is a remake of Blade Runner in the works. Or a part two or some such travesty.

My passive aggresive and sometimes jealous friend. It's weird. Just stop.

Needing to go to M&S for tights when all I will want to do is go home.

Tights. Need to start wearing those sexy stocking things instead. Although my mammy always used to tell me to have a few layers around my kidneys so they wouldn't get cold :)

Alzheimers disease.

TA'd at Newstalk changing the schedule. I always listened to George, going home in the evenings. That's all gonna change and it's devastating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who occupy pre-booked seats.

People who seem intent on making others miserable. I was standing around waiting earlier and noticed an older "gentleman" walking towards me. He was looking at me so I smiled at him. He gave me an angry look in return and said "You shouldn't smile. It's a sad world." Gobsh1te. I'll smile as much as I want to, thank you very much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement