Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's the time of year where you get out of the shower and it takes an hour to get dry.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

RTE reporters doing 'live to camera' news reports from outside the Four Courts or Leinster House.

In the case of the Four Courts, a LUAS or two will always rumble past, ringing their bloody bell - plus there's often some clown acting the gobsh1te in the background.

And, when it's outside Government Buildings then in the background there's almost always either a driver sounding their horn, or a pedestrian acting the maggot as they walk past.

Drives me demented and gets me shouting at the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

People saying podato instead of potato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People saying congrads instead of congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Squatter wrote: »
    RTE reporters doing 'live to camera' news reports from outside the Four Courts or Leinster House.

In the case of the Four Courts, a LUAS or two will always rumble past, ringing their bloody bell - plus there's often some clown acting the gobsh1te in the background.

And, when it's outside Government Buildings then in the background there's almost always either a driver sounding their horn, or a pedestrian acting the maggot as they walk past.

I think the gobsh1tes are on holidays now......:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Squatter wrote: »

RTE no longer does political broadcasts from outside Government Buildings for this reason since this year. All done from inside Leinster House or RTE studios. One too many prats disrupting live broadcasts so they gave up.

TA my dinner hasn't arrived yet and been informed it's on the way but will be another hour. I shouldn't complain really as I didn't have to cook and it's from a friend's restaurant for free. Can't be bothered to post the last section in the TH thread which never seems as active as this one which confirms we are a nation of moaners and whingers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerisepink

Lying in bed and a fly keeps flying at my head and hitting me in the face!
    Buying something in a shop and the person on the till puts all my change on the counter instead of in my open hand..god I really hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Lying awake worrying after reading about brain aneurysms. My health anxiety in general TAs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Lying awake worrying after reading about brain aneurysms. My health anxiety in general TAs me.

Careful now! :D I try to avoid reading articles about potential health problems. The interweb is so full of them nowadays it could easily make someone worry. I don't mind reading ones that promote healthy living but ones that harp on about potential risks and dangers I tend to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that it's lovely out and I've had to abandon trying to do anything and lie down due to a bad attack of vertigo:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lack of energy and motivation is a general annoyance today. Its ok to post general annoyances in this thread - right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

MTV's version of Wuthering Heights. Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A chubby guy can't even go for a walk without scumbags sniggering at him. :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

People say subbose it's suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

My laptop broke two weeks ago and today I picked up a replacement laptop from the repair shop as it will be another 4 weeks until it's fixed. It's crap. The battery won't charge and it keeps shutting down randomly and without warning. It's incredibly annoying but even more annoying is the repair shop is now closed for holidays for 3 weeks!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My Dad got a Facebook account months ago and he's never off it now.
    He's constantly on his phone and it's actually getting me down.
    He ignores us, doesn't really listen when we talk and in the pub, instead of talking to my Mam, he'll be on his phone.
    I'm sick of it and I can't broach the subject with him because he'll fly off the handle and tell us it's his life and he can do what he wants.
    It's my Mam I feel sorry for.

I left their house today feeling so hurt and upset when he spent two hours in the living room on his phone instead of spending time with me. (I only visit once a week) and I felt like bawling my eyes out driving home.
    When I got home I felt so anxious and shaky and it took me hours to calm down (after a good ol' cry).

I wish people would realise that being on your phone too much can actually affect and hurt those you love who feel ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I have always has heart palpatations and I am getting some bad ones. Laying here like should I go back to sleep or will I "wake up dead" tomorrow. Its been such a TA through my life and its grating so much more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The guy Jordan in Magaluf Weekender who shags all the chicks. Trash tv at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The following rule needs to be made - all tall people must stand in the back row at gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Cruise control can just go f**K off.....what am I supposed to do with my feet!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I feel exactly the same with my nearest and dearest I feel your pain :(
    fussyonion wrote: »
    My Dad got a Facebook account months ago and he's never off it now.
    He's constantly on his phone and it's actually getting me down.
    He ignores us, doesn't really listen when we talk and in the pub, instead of talking to my Mam, he'll be on his phone.
    I'm sick of it and I can't broach the subject with him because he'll fly off the handle and tell us it's his life and he can do what he wants.
    It's my Mam I feel sorry for.

I left their house today feeling so hurt and upset when he spent two hours in the living room on his phone instead of spending time with me. (I only visit once a week) and I felt like bawling my eyes out driving home.
    When I got home I felt so anxious and shaky and it took me hours to calm down (after a good ol' cry).

I wish people would realise that being on your phone too much can actually affect and hurt those you love who feel ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When the internet connection decides to go bad in the middle of a netflix movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Winterlong wrote:
    When the internet connection decides to go bad in the middle of a netflix movie.

Just chill 😛
    Pulled everything out of wardrobes yesterday but still haven't gone through them t do a clear out...feel like shoving them back in tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Colser wrote: »
    Just chill 😛
    Pulled everything out of wardrobes yesterday but still haven't gone through them t do a clear out...feel like shoving them back in tbh...

Oh yes, that moment when you are in the middle of a clear out, there is sh1t everywhere, and you wish you hadn't started. I usually wander off and start doing something else/have a cup of tea and wish it would all disappear. My concentration for household tasks is extremely low, no staying power whatsoever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Keypad tones. You're writing a text message, not composing a sonata - turn them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Rosie Rant wrote:
    The following rule needs to be made - all tall people must stand in the back row at gigs.

This TA's me big time. It's not my fault I'm tall but people think it's acceptable to pull my hair, pull my clothes, elbow me or even one time I got a full on punch in the back. I would gladly stand out of someone's way if they ask nicely but why should I have to stay right at the back just for being tall?

TA'd that it's summer, and the Luas works have narrowed the pavements, whilst our American visitors seem to be more corpulent and more sluggish than ever.

I'm a fast walker, so can get annoyed at the best of times at the rate in which some people see fit to shamble their portly loads along the highway, but my Christ, between these Luas works and the visitors, it's a perfect storm.

Yesterday, I had to stop behind a group of tourists who were unselfconsciously interpreting a tourist map outside Claddagh Jewlers on Nassau Street, blocking the already-narrow pavement to everyone else. No social awareness at all.

It would really discourage me from staying in town at all on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

The word, super.

I'm "super" excited for you, that's "super" awesome.

It almost always sounds disingenuous, regardless of who says it. A good filtering system for the gobshytes of this world nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People starting their sentences with "So..". Woman on Sunday Brunch on Ch4 this morning (well, every Sunday; she does the "drinkypoo" section)....she starts every fking sentence with "So.".
    "So we have this whisky from Scotland".
    Tim Lovejoy: "Would this be expensive?"
    Her; "So this one is ...".
    Fk. Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Flies. Small itsy bitsy ones, big blustery ones conglomerating around me like I'm their life's blood. Crawling, buzzing, flitting listlessly. There's no end to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement