Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Flies. Small itsy bitsy ones, big blustery ones conglomerating around me like I'm their life's blood. Crawling, buzzing, flitting listlessly. There's no end to them.

+1 to the flies. Tiny ones keep landing in the bath :pac:

The annual spider web creation contest is in full swing - only days til the annual spider circus in the house :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm so TA with everything right now, even typing this is annoying me. I feel like people should know what I want to say without me having to say it. Every single person in my life is annoying me right now. OH is being a monster and I really don't know if I can take much more. I find myself thinking if she actually left I would feel a funny sort of sad relief. I haven't spoken to my best friend for weeks because he did something to annoy me and I am waiting for him to extend the olive branch. TA that I cycled yesterday for the first time in years and now I am walking funny for all the wrong reasons. I hate my job. I recently graduated from college and this just annoys me even more because I feel like my qualification is going to waste. I hate my neighbours and the way they treat their dog. TA at my money grabbing mother putting her hand out for rent AND mortgage repayments every week - TA working for nothing! Absolutely nothing to show for the TA job at the end of the week, what's the point? TA at other people on public transport looking at me. Go away, look out the window. Its rude to stare. TA at the weather - I am so sick of feeling bunged up, popping ears, red eyes, no sense of smell etc. The only being alive on this earth right now that doesn't TA me and is my absolute source of joy and happiness....is my dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm so TA with everything right now, even typing this is annoying me. I feel like people should know what I want to say without me having to say it. Every single person in my life is annoying me right now. OH is being a monster and I really don't know if I can take much more. I find myself thinking if she actually left I would feel a funny sort of sad relief. I haven't spoken to my best friend for weeks because he did something to annoy me and I am waiting for him to extend the olive branch. TA that I cycled yesterday for the first time in years and now I am walking funny for all the wrong reasons. I hate my job. I recently graduated from college and this just annoys me even more because I feel like my qualification is going to waste. I hate my neighbours and the way they treat their dog. TA at my money grabbing mother putting her hand out for rent AND mortgage repayments every week - TA working for nothing! Absolutely nothing to show for the TA job at the end of the week, what's the point? TA at other people on public transport looking at me. Go away, look out the window. Its rude to stare. TA at the weather - I am so sick of feeling bunged up, popping ears, red eyes, no sense of smell etc. The only being alive on this earth right now that doesn't TA me and is my absolute source of joy and happiness....is my dog :(

Wow. Quite a lot in there. At least you have a source of happiness in your dog :) silver linings....

TA'd that I cut my finger nails too short, and now my fingers hurt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got bitten by an ant yesterday while cutting grass. That is the second time this year I've been bitten by an ant cutting grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got bitten by an ant yesterday while cutting grass. That is the second time this year I've been bitten by an ant cutting grass.

maybe you aren't paying them enough, or worse not paying them at all for cutting the grass?

if so, TA at you using ants for slave labour :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You fool, you shrunk your kids and he's warning you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

How are you cutting the grass with nail scissors?

TA I am so tired but can not relax enough for a quick sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

It Ta's me that people keep saying Ta LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd (very though) that my mum called me to invite me around for a drink.. not dinner... and I've no food in... and I really need to grow up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I got lots of healthy food yesterday, was planning on eating mainly veg this week. Just 24 hours later and all I want is pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Got bitten by a horsefly today, I'm sitting here waiting for the bite to swell up... Ta'd that the cheeky so and so wouldn't even let go when I swatted him, and tore the skin off when I eventually killed it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

T.A'd that Humidity brings relentless all-over non-stop itching! Or maybe it's just me?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Just got my phone upgraded and asked if I can bring my number over to the new phone. Got told to put the old phone's SIM card in and I bought a PAYG SIM for the old phone. Got home and I found out that the phone needs a nano SIM card and the two micro ones don't fit.

I hate wasting my time and money on crap like this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Just got my phone upgraded and asked if I can bring my number over to the new phone. Got told to put the old phone's SIM card in and I bought a PAYG SIM for the old phone. Got home and I found out that the phone needs a nano SIM card and the two micro ones don't fit.

I hate wasting my time and money on crap like this :mad:
    Go into the shop and they'll cut it to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Go into the shop and they'll cut it to fit.

I assume that this service is free?

Cheers for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cheers for that info.

Yep. They'll sort it for you free of charge. Dont try it yourself or you'll ruin the SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

T.A'd that Humidity brings relentless all-over non-stop itching! Or maybe it's just me?!?

It's just tiring me out. I wake up tired, plod around half asleep at work for the day, come home and have dinner and I'm utterly wrecked by 6 or 7. I want to go for a walk or something but between the oppressive humidity and annoying insects, I can't be arsed.

Then I can't sleep when I do get into bed because I'm too warm.

Nearly fell asleep twice in my office chair at home earlier on this evening.

Standing in the work kitchenette putting the kettle on, before a trip to the loo with my bursting bladder, and someone drops and smashes a mug, bringing me perilously close to widdling myself* with fright and consequently having to either adopt a new identity and move continents and change career, or fake my own death to escape the inevitable humiliation and shame.

*maybe a teeny bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Trying to go for a walk in this weather and coming home all grubby and sweaty and covered in midges :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA I finally took a pain killer for my headache but its now upset my stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Candie wrote: »
    Standing in the work kitchenette putting the kettle on, before a trip to the loo with my bursting bladder, and someone drops and smashes a mug, bringing me perilously close to widdling myself* with fright and consequently having to either adopt a new identity and move continents and change career, or fake my own death to escape the inevitable humiliation and shame.

My inability to think of a good continents/continence pun right now is trivially annoying me.

RayM wrote: »
    My inability to think of a good continents/continence pun right now is trivially annoying me.

I could bring my incontinence to another continent?

No, I can't either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The following rule needs to be made - all tall people must stand in the back row at gigs.

BOO-urns!!

Inferior small people should get towards the front at gigs early if they want to see stuff! I like my music so I'll try to get as close to the band as I can. I've been punched in the back at gigs because I've been blocking other people's view (mainly by drunken females, and usually at festivals).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Inferior small people should get towards the front at gigs early if they want to see stuff! I like my music so I'll try to get as close to the band as I can. I've been punched in the back at gigs because I've been blocking other people's view (mainly by drunken females, and usually at festivals).

Punched in the back haha! How could you be so inconsiderate to grow so tall! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that a cyclist was cycling in the middle of the road which meant I couldn't accelerate and missed a green light. Said cyclist then cycles through red light. Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Cheers for that info.

I got so TAd with phones and laptops and stuff not working when I left shops that now I make them do it and wont leave until it works. I bought a pay as you go modem dongle one time and insisted they get it working for me. They spent an hour and three sim cards trying to get it going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Utah wrote: »
    TA'd that a cyclist was cycling in the middle of the road which meant I couldn't accelerate and missed a green light. Said cyclist then cycles through red light. Grrrrrr

On a related TA....people who seem to slow down as they approach a green traffic light....and slow...and slow...then the light goes amber...still slow...then vroom. They are through.
    But you and the cars behind you are not. Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

TA'd that tiredness doesn't equal sleepiness in my head. Watching TV or reading late at night, yawning to beat the band, eyelids getting heavier, my bedtime signals are all there. I go to bed, only to be unable to fall asleep for the next 2 hours. Not helped by having to find a cool spot on my pillow every few minutes to stop my head from melting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Utah wrote:

Each to their own but it does give me a laugh, this trend that's taken over, of lots of men with all the gear on, pedalling away on their bikes. Like a boys with toys kind of thing. Maybe it's cos of their age I find it funny. A bit like the full kit ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Lady at work insisting that she needs to be here even though she has had a vomiting bug today and yesterday.
    Not sure if I am imagining the nausea creeping up on me today. Will be very cross if I get it as I have two small children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement