Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Lady at work insisting that she needs to be here even though she has had a vomiting bug today and yesterday.
    Not sure if I am imagining the nausea creeping up on me today. Will be very cross if I get it as I have two small children.

You would think most normal people, while sick or not, would try and take advantage of throwing up their guts to have a day trying to rest and recover at home, not trying to be a martyr. :rolleyes:

TA I canceled and appointment 2 weeks ago thinking it was not relevant now (after being on waiting list for 5months)
    Just today discovered I need to go back on that fecking list cause something new was discovered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Pealing a lid carefully off a yogurt carton but it tears anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA there is absolutely diddley squat happening today. Work is quiet, Boards is quiet. The OH has shut me out and my crush is a thousand miles away. I have no money and no errands to run. I have no exams to worry about. I'm bored of the internet. The cursor is blinking in the search box and I'm staring at it in a daze thinking, there is nothing in the entire web I want to search for. This place is like a ghost town, there are cobwebs on my brain I am bored with life! Major TA... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

califano wrote:
    Pealing a lid carefully off a yogurt carton but it tears anyway.

Oooh that's a good one. When you're so careful and then boom! Splashs all over yer top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

When you're talking to an American on the net.
    You say you from Ireland
    They say "Top o the morning to ya"

In my 36 years I've never heard an Irish person utter these words
    My blood boils

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    When you're talking to an American on the net.
    You say you from Ireland
    They say "Top o the morning to ya"

In my 36 years I've never heard an Irish person utter these words
    My blood boils

Which reminds me, I was watching PS I love you the other night and the fake Irish accent on yer man really annoyed me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Which reminds me, I was watching PS I love you the other night and the fake Irish accent on yer man really annoyed me :(

I thought that too. Very shamrock and shenanigans malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm tired and have cramps. F*ck everything.

People (well one person in particular) whose FB updates are a constant reminder of the attitude problem she is afflicted with and the large chip on her shoulder. Her wall is a stream of memes and quotes about how true friends don't talk behind your back and actions speak louder than words and how she can smile and nod while on the inside thinking the person talking to her is a cúnt. There was one about how people act like she is the bad guy so they can feel ok about treating her badly or something - whaaaat? OK we get it, you're annoyed with someone who you think is talking behind your back or whatever - get over it! (or make your facebook a shrine to it, your call)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ofcork

Winterlong wrote: »
    On a related TA....people who seem to slow down as they approach a green traffic light....and slow...and slow...then the light goes amber...still slow...then vroom. They are through.
    But you and the cars behind you are not. Muppets.

Or the opposite people who crawl along but see a light changing lo and behold they speed up and you are stuck on red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

RTE newsreaders referring to IS as "so-called Islamic State" whenever they are mentioned in a report, which is sadly almost daily at this stage. I have never heard them mentioned like this by anyone else. They are not "so-called" what an insult to the dead, almost as if a fictional or fantasy group took their life. Sloppy and lazy journalism. The group is real and their actions are real. Enough of the "so-called".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People calling to the house as I'm cooking dinner or just about to eat :(
    I'm thoroughly annoyed with being so small today. I just barely reached something onto a high shelf in the press, for it to fall back out into my face. I was too lazy to drag over a chair to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

RTE newsreaders referring to IS as "so-called Islamic State" whenever they are mentioned in a report, which is sadly almost daily at this stage. I have never heard them mentioned like this by anyone else. They are not "so-called" what an insult to the dead, almost as if a fictional or fantasy group took their life. Sloppy and lazy journalism. The group is real and their actions are real. Enough of the "so-called".
    It's not only RTÉ that use it. The BBC always use it, and there have been other controversies in the BBC with regards to how 'they' should be referred to.

My trivial annoyance is some kid who's playing outside my garden. He's wearing a dayglo yellow, extra-fluorescent t-shirt so I'm blinded every time he walks past. And I'm not even facing the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

In the pub I'm in right now: in the table behind me go a bit easier on the deoderant, old son. : (

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mother in law goin on about how I haven't bought my daughter's books or uniform for school - that doesn't start for another 5 weeks. Piss off and mind your own business!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

so it rained today. out come the army of FCUKIN USELESS drivers, crawling along, jamming on the brakes at every slight curve of road and also jamming on for any oncoming traffic. it makes me so mad that i become deathly silent in the car because i cannot even begin to comprehend the utter fcuking stupidity of some "drivers"

one of these days i'll mount a machine gun to the bonnet of my car and rip through them all :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

so it rained today. out come the army of FCUKIN USELESS drivers, crawling along, jamming on the brakes at every slight curve of road and also jamming on for any oncoming traffic. it makes me so mad that i become deathly silent in the car because i cannot even begin to comprehend the utter fcuking stupidity of some "drivers"

one of these days i'll mount a machine gun to the bonnet of my car and rip through them all :mad:

ta'd that i simply could not express this better myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

northgirl wrote: »
    ta'd that i simply could not express this better myself :pac:

they break me down man. they break me fcuking down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 El Caffo

On tinder I have lost count the amount of people with either the Instagram flower head band or the dog ears and nose combo. Jesus ladies you're so friggin original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TTTAY used to be such fun, all manner of gripes and bitching post, was my favourite place to be on boards, but it's lost it's mojo.....1pm and no posts! There was a time when there would be two pages of moaning to trawl through at this time of day.

Major TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

My 2 1/2 year old smeared sh!t all over the radiator cover in the hall felt like crying and was heaving when cleaning it up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I annoy myself sometimes. Walking back from the canteen while carrying coffee. Got an itchy nose. Brain tells free hand to scratch nose. Hand with coffee goes on a solo run and scratches nose. => Coffee spilt, hand burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

js35 wrote: »
    My 2 1/2 year old smeared **** all over the radiator cover in the hall feel like crying was heaving when cleaning it up :(

The 2 1/2 year old would get all the sympathy if you posted this in 'newborns and toddlers'forum but here in AH you'll get the sympathy !

When someone sits beside you on public transport even though there are lots of free seats not beside anyone. Or on the luas when there is someone sitting directly in front of you and you cant tell if they are looking at you because they are wearing sunglasses.

Oh Jesus I am beyond TA. Someone just posted a video on ársebook called "Ten Signs you are doing well in life" so I clicked on it expecting to either tick the boxes and feel all accomplished or tick none and wallow in self pity. Either would be a welcome distraction right now. Now, I should have known better because the video was created by some positive thinking page but I was expecting deep and meaningful "signs" that covered things like relationships, career satisfaction etc but no. The first "sign" is you have a roof over your head. A fúcking roof. Sure we're all ok then, no point watching the rest of the video! Then it got even more bullshítty - you ate today.... you have clean clothes... you have someone who cares about you... blah blah blah. OK I know there are those less fortunate who don't have these things but having them doesn't mean you are "doing well in life". The last one (wait for it).... you're breathing. Yes, breathing fire having wasted a minute of my life watching your claptrap.

Eisenberg I hope this helps :)

No clean tights this morning. OH must have hidden them all. I was forced to choose between damp ones that had just been washed or pre-used ones. (At least now I don't qualify for the póxy doing well in life video)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh Jesus I am beyond TA. Someone just posted a video on ársebook called "Ten Signs you are doing well in life" so I clicked on it expecting to either tick the boxes and feel all accomplished or tick none and wallow in self pity. Either would be a welcome distraction right now. Now, I should have known better because the video was created by some positive thinking page but I was expecting deep and meaningful "signs" that covered things like relationships, career satisfaction etc but no. The first "sign" is you have a roof over your head. A fúcking roof. Sure we're all ok then, no point watching the rest of the video! Then it got even more bullshítty - you ate today.... you have clean clothes... you have someone who cares about you... blah blah blah. OK I know there are those less fortunate who don't have these things but having them doesn't mean you are "doing well in life". The last one (wait for it).... you're breathing. Yes, breathing fire having wasted a minute of my life watching your claptrap.

Eisenberg I hope this helps :)

TA that I could not see your face as you were doing that self evaluation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

js35 wrote: »
    My 2 1/2 year old smeared sh!t all over the radiator cover in the hall felt like crying and was heaving when cleaning it up :(

Wait till you turn the heating on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    TTTAY used to be such fun, all manner of gripes and bitching post, was my favourite place to be on boards, but it's lost it's mojo.....1pm and no posts! There was a time when there would be two pages of moaning to trawl through at this time of day.

Major TA.
    I hate EVERYONE today. EVERYONE.
    :mad::mad::mad: RAAR:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Texting someone and they ring back. Aaaaarrrrrhhhggg.
    It was a simple question with a yes or no answer. Just because you have a load of free minutes, it doesn't mean you have to try use them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement