Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have to buy my cat food during the day now, because I don't want to buy it in the evening with my wine - spinster cat lady is not a good look. The amount of jokes when you come into the office with cat food. Are you going to eat all that etc. Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I have to buy my cat food during the day now, because I don't want to buy it in the evening with my wine - spinster cat lady is not a good look. The amount of jokes when you come into the office with cat food. Are you going to eat all that etc. Fúck off.
    I came into the office today with a box of cat food and four bottles of craft beer!!!

:D:D

I double bagged them though (Aldi cotton bags), there's enough nosey fcukers here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

The guy who faces me in work who seems determined to shake the desks as much as possible has a weird habit which TA's me. He comes in in the morning and places his bag in the corner of the desk, shaking the table of course, he then removes all items, which are mostly snacks I think, from the bag and puts them in his drawer. The drawer is a further reach than the bag. So every time he needs something he pushes off the desk to get to the drawer. The pushing shakes the desk. The opening of the drawer shakes the desk. Why doesn't he just leave his oat bars in his bag which is right beside him. Very TA'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have to buy my cat food during the day now, because I don't want to buy it in the evening with my wine - spinster cat lady is not a good look. The amount of jokes when you come into the office with cat food. Are you going to eat all that etc. F ck off.

That, and when ever I decide to wash my car, some knob jockey neighbour will always, ALWAYS, say " ah sure you can do mine when you are finished there haha"

Piss of and trim your wife's hedge!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    That, and when ever I decide to wash my car, some knob jockey neighbour will always, ALWAYS, say " ah sure you can do mine when you are finished there haha"

Piss of and trim your wife's hedge!

:D:D - wait how do you know it needs to be trimmed? Spilling over into yours is it? :eek:

TA office nattering about kids and washing machines and knitting. Oh God I am losing the will to live...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My sister has mindfulness book, called "How to Sit" in her toilet. Mindfulness, and the like is a major TA of mine. But more TA ing is that everytime I use the toilet I forget to bring a pencil with me so I can put a "h" in the word "Sit"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

:D:D - wait how do you know it needs to be trimmed? Spilling over into yours is it? :eek:

TA office nattering about kids and washing machines and knitting. Oh God I am losing the will to live...
    Ditto. It's the same here. People wonder why I'm so sour faced and standoffish.
    Just talk abut something interesting, and then I MIGHT join in!

There's a woman behind me who cackles. I think she might be a witch.

I just want my own office. With a door. And a pit of sharks.

73Cat wrote: »
    My sister has mindfulness book, called "How to Sit" in her toilet. Mindfulness, and the like is a major TA of mine. But more TA ing is that everytime I use the toilet I forget to bring a pencil with me so I can put a "h" in the word "Sit"

Snort :P TA all the mindfulness inspired shíteology on social media these days. Rubbish about sunsets and Winnie the Pooh and inner strength, to which I like to reply with the attached image....

My TA - those who look down at and are condescending to people who have found something that makes them happy or find some peace for themselves.

And on the social media thing, another TA is attention seeking - posts like "watch this space, big news coming soon" or status updates inviting replies (generally followed up with "sorry hun I promised I wouldn't say anything"), the meaningless "RIP"'s that people post under tragic stories (that the grieving family will never see or care about) as well as urging the deceased to be "with the angles" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Ditto. It's the same here. People wonder why I'm so sour faced and standoffish.
    Just talk abut something interesting, and then I MIGHT join in!

Same where I am. I won't sit with the women because I cant handle their blabbering, thought the men would be better but no the men constantly go on about when/how/why they did/did not manage to mow their gardens at the weekend or the excitement on a Friday at the possibility of getting to mow the grass.... WHO CARES?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm suffering massive PMT right now (I know, I posted about this before) and I feckin' hate it 'cos I can't just keep it to myself.

I'm being so unnecessarily crabby with my OH & he knows why I'm being like this, but it sucks that I cannot snap out of it.

I also feel bloated and balloony & even the cheerful screams of kids playing in Marlay Park today wasn't enough to cheer me up. I wanted to tell them all to shut up.

Other half says to me on the way home: "Do you want me to get you a cake or a bar or something?", and I just whined: "No! Then I won't eat my lunch ffs!".
    Him: "You could have it later, after lunch".
    Me: "Oh just stop trying to make everything better!".

I am just best left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Ray D'Arsey show on the radio. My god, what a load of old sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The Ray D'Arsey show on the radio. My god, what a load of old sh1t.

A wanker of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm so tired and I've been so lazy this week...no exercise at all. Then I somehow convince myself that eating loads of cake last night and Monday night is grand because, sure I'm already in a bad routine this week. Clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When buses etc only display the destination in Irish on the front, or it takes ages to switch between languages. Seriously, is there one person in Dublin who only knows places by their Irish names? The Irish displays are just unnecessarily confusing/annoying people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

scdublin wrote:
    I'm so tired and I've been so lazy this week...no exercise at all. Then I somehow convince myself that eating loads of cake last night and Monday night is grand because, sure I'm already in a bad routine this week. Clever.

Same here,I've never felt as tired as I have this week ,actually felt like my body was shutting down or something.I came so close to ringing I sick this morning and it wouldn't have even been a lie.I eventually got up at 7.30 to be in work for 8 and running wrong all day.

TAs today are all road related..cyclists,non indicator users,door openers,snail drivers,lane jumpers,pull out in front of me dipsticks and all other selfish,oblivious couldn't give a sh*t types better keep out of my way in the morning or their will be consequences...at least I could catch up on sleep in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Oh Jesus I am beyond TA. Someone just posted a video on ársebook called "Ten Signs you are doing well in life" so I clicked on it expecting to either tick the boxes and feel all accomplished or tick none and wallow in self pity. Either would be a welcome distraction right now. Now, I should have known better because the video was created by some positive thinking page but I was expecting deep and meaningful "signs" that covered things like relationships, career satisfaction etc but no. The first "sign" is you have a roof over your head. A fúcking roof. Sure we're all ok then, no point watching the rest of the video! Then it got even more bullshítty - you ate today.... you have clean clothes... you have someone who cares about you... blah blah blah. OK I know there are those less fortunate who don't have these things but having them doesn't mean you are "doing well in life". The last one (wait for it).... you're breathing. Yes, breathing fire having wasted a minute of my life watching your claptrap.

Eisenberg I hope this helps :)

I just saw this online. How do they know if my clothes are clean or not? Are they watching me. Stupid FB sh**.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

scdublin wrote: »

I'm that for about well honestly.. 4 months :o

It's so hard to stop and cop on and I know it's having a really bad impact on my health overall but I can't seem to break the cycle..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Got a few stalks of rhubarb from a neighbour nearly 2 weeks ago. Got distracted when i came home that evening and they were in the tractor for a few days. Finally remembered them last week. Boiled a few stalks last tuesday night but couldn't eat it as i had no sugar to sweeten it. Finally got sugar today but the stalks are gone limp and there's traces of mould growing. Looking like I'll have to throw the rhubarb out now. Goddammit Foxy ya thick eejit you could have been eating boiled rhubarb with cinnamon and ice cream the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fancy houses that have been built and their owners don't paint them so they look run down with red stains. You put all of that effort in to designing it and you can't be bothered to bloody paint it!! It annoys me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was out for a spin on my bike this evening, I passed a hedgehog in the middle the road. I decided to turn around and try to shoo him into the ditch. I nudged him very gently with the wheel of the bike but he wasn't budging, he was sniffing away at something on the road. I'm really TA'ed he didn't scurry into the ditch but I hope the little divil doesn't get squashed :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I was out for a spin on my bike this evening, I passed a hedgehog in the middle the road. I decided to turn around and try to shoo him into the ditch. I nudged him very gently with the wheel of the bike but he wasn't budging, he was sniffing away at something on the road. I'm really TA'ed he didn't scurry into the ditch but I hope the little divil doesn't get squashed :(

TA'd you didn't make more of an effort ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Stomach cramps followed by the inevitable 'evacuation' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Being Sick Again! More antibiotics, more paracetamol and more bloody NSAIDs. For the love of Mammy! Thank god for Caredoc

I'm just after calling hubby to help me to bed. I nearly passed out in the bathroom after getting out of the bath. He comes in to find me on the floor, in my birthday suit flat on my back, feet up on the vanity - and not a 'come hither look' in sight (it was either that or puke and then collapse)

It isn't helped by the fact that a lot of it was my own fault. Medication on an empty stomach, followed by a prolonged hot bath and then standing up too quick.

I'm an idiot. Thankfully he loves me*

*Or it would be too much work to find a newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you are listening to music on 'shuffle' on your phone and The Cure's 'Friday I'm in Love' comes on......but it's only Thursday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have a squeak in my boot. I sound like something out of Toy Story when I walk...

Waking early.

Trying to find a plate that doesn't have a gold rim to put in the microwave.

The looks from all the couples in the IVF waiting room when I dare to go in alone.

Forgetting that I would actually have to let someone jab a needle into my arm to take a blood sample.

Dry eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

People on Facebook saying happy birthday mother's day etc to people who ain't even on Facebook!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Trying to find a plate that doesn't have a gold rim to put in the microwave.

Hate those gold rim cups, saucers, plates, bowls... they just look so gaudy to me. Some think they look refined and elegant. Each to their own.

TA'd that the only lead I have with me to charge my phone is about 30cm long, and my desk is about 60cm away from the socket

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement