Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got an egg mcmuffin brekkie this morn and the salt was forgotten. Hash brown not the same without salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sweeping the floor takes at least 10 more minutes because the kittens think it's a game to chase the brush!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bleedin' starvin'. If I eat now, I'll be hungry before dinner and end up stuffing my face with everything.
    Must. Wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Bleedin' starvin'. If I eat now, I'll be hungry before dinner and end up stuffing my face with everything.
    Must. Wait.

Aghh I hate that, I'm the same. When it's 9am I'm looking at what I brought for lunch and see should I dip into that, but that just causes a chain reaction which ends up with me stopping for something at the garage before I get home.

TA'd that losing weight takes so much willpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

when people try to slag you repeatedly over something, and you have a comeback that would destroy them, but you are too good natured to use it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The yoghurt I grabbed this morning for work burst in my handbag ...the mess yuck😠

Colser wrote: »
    The yoghurt I grabbed this morning for work burst in my handbag ...the mess yuck😠

Wait til the smell arrives in a few days time........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Colser wrote: »

A KitKat wouldn't have done that to you.

I'm TA'd that I'm having chilli for dinner, which I love but I had it yesterday & I just want McDonald's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Our company has rolled out onedrive as our new pc back up tool. But it is the greatest hape ever invented. It is now losing some of my files FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd my week off is going so fast. Slow down time, would you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

When my wife moves my stuff that I left on the table or the floor for later;)..

What makes it worse is she forgets where she put it, which causes unnessary time wasting looking for it again. Aaaagh!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

When my wife moves my stuff that I left on the table or the floor for later;)..

What makes it worse is she forgets where she put it, which causes unnessary time wasting looking for it again. Aaaagh!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

I do that too...I call it cleaning :p. My husband really doesn't realise how much stuff he leaves lying around. He came home one day to find about 50 yellow post its all over the place, mostly stuck to the floor. Each one said "this is the former location of your jacket/phone/crisp packet/insert whatever which is now stored away safely on your bed". He had a lot of clearing to do before he could sleep (I was staying away that night).

I'm TAd at the drivers that cant or wont use the one way system at our local supermarket.

I'm TAd that its raining and I have 20 metres of fence to paint (both sides and two coats)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you believe the weather forecast. It was supposed to be nice this morning...all I can see is misty rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that I had a brilliant TA to share yesterday and now I can't remember what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

tringle wrote: »
    I do that too...I call it cleaning :p. My husband really doesn't realise how much stuff he leaves lying around. He came home one day to find about 50 yellow post its all over the place, mostly stuck to the floor. Each one said "this is the former location of your jacket/phone/crisp packet/insert whatever which is now stored away safely on your bed". He had a lot of clearing to do before he could sleep (I was staying away that night).
    You were staying away that night so why would you do that to him?!? As you said, he had a lot of clearing away to do that night (because of you). That'd annoy me!

I like maps. Sometimes if I'm bored, I'll go on a little trip on Google maps because knowing stuff it good. What annoys me about it is when places (usually businesses) are pinned in the wrong location. It's like they've zoomed out of the map before pinning the location of their business ("Yep, it's probably in that part of Ireland!") but when you zoom in, it's in a different county or province.

For a good while, Lidl in Portlaoise was located in the housing estate beside mine (in Co. Kildare), 45km away from its actual location. And while that would have been nice and handy for doing my shopping, the shop wasn't actually there. I feel so cheated!

There are loads of other examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

You were staying away that night so why would you do that to him?!? As you said, he had a lot of clearing away to do that night (because of you). That'd annoy me!

I like maps. Sometimes if I'm bored, I'll go on a little trip on Google maps because knowing stuff it good. What annoys me about it is when places (usually businesses) are pinned in the wrong location. It's like they've zoomed out of the map before pinning the location of their business ("Yep, it's probably in that part of Ireland!") but when you zoom in, it's in a different county or province.

Your right, ;) I put it in the one place that he would have to deal with it. And it worked to a certain extent cos now he puts most things away....cant get him to do that with dirty dishes though, don't know why.

I'm like you with maps, when I'm bored I travel the world with google. I get TAd with the little man when you decide to go a for walk down a street, you see something really interesting and the little man just wont walk there, its like he hits an invisible wall or turns you around. I teach basic IT and get all my students to "google walk" past their house to see what the world can see. You can see through my front door and straight out the back door. One student was very annoyed that you can see all her underwear hanging up on the clothes line

My big fat TA for the day, and next six weeks probably is "mallet finger". Tried to catch a ball at a kickabout last night and ended up bouncing straight off the tip of my middle finger.

For those who don't know, hold your hand out flat, palm facing the ground. Now imagine just the top section of your middle finger, the part with the nail hanging to the ground at about a 45 degree angle. The tendon that holds it up has snapped. One sleepless night later I'm in hospital (after a gp referral!) to see if it's done any bone damage while I'm at it.

Gawh!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭letsseehere14

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fancy houses that have been built and their owners don't paint them so they look run down with red stains. You put all of that effort in to designing it and you can't be bothered to bloody paint it!! It annoys me so much.

This is a big thing that annoys me. Head out into the countryside in any county and all you see is half acre sites with a big 2 story house plonked bang in the middle, there for 10 years, never painted, drive way a mess, lawn not finished, no exterior fencing or hedges, any passer by can see into every front window. That would be my personal hell. A home needs privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Ah!! so you are another one of them.:)

I don't mind the unnecessary moving cleaning so much, its when she cant remember where she put it is the problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

... 50 yellow post its all over the place, mostly stuck to the floor. Each one said "this is the former location of your jacket/phone/crisp packet/insert whatever which is now stored away safely on your bed". He had a lot of clearing to do before he could sleep (I was staying away that night).

Brilliant! I must remember this for when my kids can actually read..

My TA is lack of motivation. Kitchen is like a bomb site. There is a mountain of washing to be done. I promised sick hubby soup for lunch and I would much rather be on the couch surfing boards. Let Hubby, baby and 3yo fend for themselves!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

Being an Apple bore, I often get wound up when folks announce the name of the flagship desktop and portable operating system (" Mac OS X") as "oh-ess-ex" instead of the correct "oh-ess-ten". A major TA!

I'm fully aware that Apple is moving towards rebranding the entire thing as "MacOS" cutting out the 'X' entirely. I'm sure though that it'll take a while for this to fully sink into the public's psyche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I was so out of it with period pain that I bought the wrong drugs and took them. Now I cant take the right ones because I already took the wrong ones. And the wrong ones are shít. It was the pharmacists fault for distracting me with her 50 questions about codeine regulations. I'm sure I would have realized my mistake had she not been wrecking my head asking what they were for and generally treating me like a junkie idiot. Fúcking codeine regulations - punishing clean living people in pain when the streets full of junkies resemble a scene from Night of the Living Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^
    "and are they for yourself?"
    "Have you taken them before"
    "Would you not try Anadin instead?"

"Gimme them bleedin Solpadine before I stab you!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Know it all's on boards, who think they know more than everyone else in the entire universe. They're actually more a joke than a TA. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ^^
    "and are they for yourself?"
    "Have you taken them before"
    "Would you not try Anadin instead?"

"Gimme them bleedin Solpadine before I stab you!!"

As well as the "what are they for?" even though you're buying them alongside a box of tampons ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    As well as the "what are they for?" even though you're buying them alongside a box of tampons ffs

Which means they're an expensive drug for men who don't want to say it's for a hangover

"What are they for?"

"it's for the wife" - *point to tampons*

12 or 24 is the usual reply from the sheepish looking lad behind the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Never washed my hair last night, now it's itchy and I look like a homeless bird crazed bag lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I wish I wasn't so silly sometimes. :( I don't know how to open things or do easy things that most people would find peasy! I can't open the blinds in the kitchen. Usually they just work when I'm doing it offhand, but I'm thinking about it now and I can't open them. I don't know whether ya have to pull them out or back or up or down or release them some way or what in the hell ya do with them! :rolleyes::o:rolleyes::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

bird crazed bag lady.
    sounds 'murican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fancy houses that have been built and their owners don't paint them so they look run down with red stains. You put all of that effort in to designing it and you can't be bothered to bloody paint it!! It annoys me so much.

This is a big thing that annoys me. Head out into the countryside in any county and all you see is half acre sites with a big 2 story house plonked bang in the middle, there for 10 years, never painted, drive way a mess, lawn not finished, no exterior fencing or hedges, any passer by can see into every front window. That would be my personal hell. A home needs privacy.
    Ooh you wouldn't like us so, three years in house and only doing lawns, piers and fencing now.
    Reason for not doing it sooner:
    - we didn't want to take out a huge burden of a mortgage and knew that we could finish the grounds when we had enough saved to do so. The house will be painted soon, garage will come later, the Tarmac after that. Baby steps letsseehere14

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement