Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

fcukers hitting golf balls in the park where theres footballs pitches and kids playing around. Also dog owners who cant control their dogs and let them run 3/4s of the way across the park to annoy your dog

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just after having a peach & it was too juicy, now my t-shirt is all dribbles from it.

I realise that this is full of innuendos.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Lego collection contaminated by mega blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

After 8 years of driving the same car,(without a hitch) to be now told the starting problem of the last 6 months (since a major repair) isn't with the car it's YOU, I seemingly now don't know how to start my car. brilliant!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

OUCH! I burned two of my fingers with molten toffee. That sh!t is like lava!! Annoyed at my carelessness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Went out for a lovely meal tonight, but now I feel really full!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

John Creedon travels all over Ireland's "Epic East" and yet for some strange reason bypasses Waterford even though it's Ireland's oldest city and has stunning beaches and tourist attractions. Just baffling that Waterford would be overlooked like that given its prominence for festivals scenic beaches culture heritage and a huge variety of restaurants I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

All this Amen rubbish on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭letsseehere14

heldel00 wrote:
    Ooh you wouldn't like us so, three years in house and only doing lawns, piers and fencing now. Reason for not doing it sooner: - we didn't want to take out a huge burden of a mortgage and knew that we could finish the grounds when we had enough saved to do so. The house will be painted soon, garage will come later, the Tarmac after that. Baby steps letsseehere14

I did say 10 years not 3. I'm sure you plan to have it presentable well before then.

Anyhoo another gripe, tea from coffee or convenience shops. Always so hot you've to wait ages for it to cool. That and no proper milk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Limp handshakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

smilerf wrote: »
    All this Amen rubbish on Facebook

Getting texts, or even worse, phone calls telling me what such and such said on Facebook. I don't use Facebook for a reason so please don't call me to tell me what s happening.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

selous wrote:
    After 8 years of driving the same car,(without a hitch) to be now told the starting problem of the last 6 months (since a major repair) isn't with the car it's YOU, I seemingly now don't know how to start my car. brilliant!!

When you eventually discover how to start it drive it straight through the showroom window at the P***K ...then tell him he can add "can't drive" onto your failings.Your saga with that garage raises my blood pressure.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

John Creedon travels all over Ireland's "Epic East" and yet for some strange reason bypasses Waterford even though it's Ireland's oldest city and has stunning beaches and tourist attractions. Just baffling that Waterford would be overlooked like that given its prominence for festivals scenic beaches culture heritage and a huge variety of restaurants I just don't get it.
    I meant to watch that, but isn't it a 4 part series? Waterford will probably appear in tomorrow's (4th) episode, if it wasn't in the first two...

Today I'm just annoyed that I haven't done anything, and I can't see that changing soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Today I'm just annoyed that I haven't done anything, and I can't see that changing soon.

Same here..think I need a shot of adrenaline or something,just can't motivate myself at the moment and the house needs a big tidy up..procrastinating is my main achievement at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Colser wrote: »
    Same here..think I need a shot of adrenaline or something,just can't motivate myself at the moment and the house needs a big tidy up..procrastinating is my main achievement at the moment.

I've been planning my house clean-up for years...but I'm really starting it today. Really. I've just started watching that Creedon's Epic East programme on Demand but I'm definitely starting in an hour.

Just like you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I know it's a tiny insignificant detail in terrible tragedies, but whenever I see a car crash on the news I get TA'd at the state of the squad cars. You'd think they would clean them every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd at the stupid eejit that went to overtake a bike on a blind corner.. Lucky I was quick on the brake or they would have been identifying me in hospital this evening. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have another feckin cold!

My other half got a cold the other day and has been sniffling and sneezing and coughing all day and night.
    I keep telling him to wash his hands often, use a tissue and generally be hygienic and he has been, in fairness.
    I am the type of person who ALWAYS catches a cold off others.
    Guaranteed.

So I knew I would catch one from him.
    It's extremely annoying because I'm a bit of a gym addict and when I'm ill, I can't work out, so this will mean not going to the gym for a few days plus I'm a smoker and cos my tastebuds are gonna disappear, I won't be able to taste my cigarette (disgusting if you don't smoke, but if you do, you know what I mean.)
    I'm bloody raging here.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I recently moved to Canada, and retail staff here are so f**king aggressive with their faux cheeriness and friendliness!

I nearly jumped out of my skin yesterday when I walked into a shop after work and got

"HI LOVE HOW ARE YOU TODAY DID YOU KNOW ALL OUR TOPS ARE BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF OMG I LOVE YOUR PURSE BY THE WAY IT'S SO CUTE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LOVE"

Also, people under the age of 50 who call me "love" wrecks my head, it sounds so stupid and especially so in a Canadian accent, it just sounds wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ofcork

Colser wrote: »
    When you eventually discover how to start it drive it straight through the showroom window at the P***K ...then tell him he can add "can't drive" onto your failings.Your saga with that garage raises my blood pressure.....

I knew a guy who threatened to do just that once after having a brand new car back so many times to be told by a guy from the maker it was HIS fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I know it's more than a week now but it's still annoying-the-hell outta me:

Drove for almost 3-weeks all around France (and 1-day trip into Switzerland), on my own; first-time driving on the Continent; never encountered an issue.
    Arrived home; cleaned and polished my car myself to assess everything from roof to alloys and see what was scratched, marked etc ... no damage anywhere from France.
    One person living here saw me smile when I was done and asked why to which I told them how happy I was at not even getting a scratch on my Juke.

Being as wrecked as I was I never drove for a few days; left the car parked in my driveway at Home.

Within 3-days of my not moving the car someone had gone and keyed it :mad: :mad:
    I've minded that car from the day I bought it. Even had people comment on how well I had been minding it.

I'ts both sad & annoying that some people really don't like seeing things go my way or see me happy,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

kerry4sam wrote: »

Drove for almost 3-weeks all around France (and 1-day trip into Switzerland), on my own; first-time driving on the Continent; never encountered an issue.
    Arrived home; cleaned and polished my car myself to assess everything from roof to alloys and see what was scratched, marked etc ... no damage anywhere from France.
    One person living here saw me smile when I was done and asked why to which I told them how happy I was at not even getting a scratch on my Juke.

Being as wrecked as I was I never drove for a few days; left the car parked in my driveway at Home.

Within 3-days of my not moving the car someone had gone and keyed it :mad: :mad:
    I've minded that car from the day I bought it. Even had people comment on how well I had been minding it.

I'ts both sad & annoying that some people really don't like seeing things go my way or see me happy,
    kerry4sam

Sorry for your troubles, that's nasty stuff, some jealous scrote. A friend of mine changed his car and within a week had the side of it keyed while it was parked outside the local shop and pub. The shop had a cctv and showed him the footage. It was a very respectable local elderly gent, the butter wouldn't melt kind. Nobody expected it would be him.

Fit a camera overlooking your drive to help further protect your property. But really dude a Datsun Joke? ...:)

Queue jumpers....... grrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

kerry4sam wrote:
    Within 3-days of my not moving the car someone had gone and keyed it I've minded that car from the day I bought it. Even had people comment on how well I had been minding it.

What a sad little w*nker whoever did that. They must have no life to do that for a kick. That's just rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

kerry4sam wrote: »

kerry4sam
    This is all I can say. My condolences, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

That's just spiteful and nasty, Kerry4sam. You probably have some idea who did it but of course impossible to prove if there are no witnesses or anyone willing to come forward who might have seen it.

I had a similar TA a few days ago. A neighbour's cat came in around the front of my house as it sometimes tries to befriend my own cat and the pair of them get up to mischief sometimes going hunting together. The kids who own the cat came in looking for it and one of them was carrying a type of stick and swinging it very close to my car. I saw him out through the window and had to very politely tell him to GTFO without trying to be harsh.

While usually they are good kids anyone perilously waving a stick about in close proximity to my car would set my heart racing and some parents might try to wriggle out of blame and refuse to pay up for any damages. It can be a delicate situation to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Woken up at 7am
    Got a paper cut pulling my window blind up
    Broke a tea bag all over the counter trying to separate 2 bags
    Burnt a finger with my tea when stirring it
    Almost fell over when throwing tea bag in bin
    Its only 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

GAA fans in Dublin city centre on match day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Getting good news and someone who is supposed to be a friend has to get a dig in at you to bring you back down again. I really hate nasty people.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA of the trivialiest.

I get annoyed when people have numbers in their email addresses.

johnsmith12@xxxxxx , janemaher85@xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Get sick to my poop of popular posters that basically use Boards as a place to feed off trying to make other people feel stupid. If you are reading this and you feel you might be one of those; PFO- ideally to another planet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement