Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ugh. People.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Also, they get the words wrong.

Or they are slightly out of tune, usually sing a note or two lower than it should be. Especially if the song is on the radio at the time, and all you can hear is this drone like humming! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Having to quickly dry myself with a towel after a shower. I much prefer letting myself dry naturally before having to get dressed. I always miss somewhere and feel damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Amazon Marketplace, it's just ridiculous now! You think you bought something from a UK seller, then wonder why it's still not there 3 weeks later. Only when contacting the seller I noticed that it was sent via China post so it will probably take another week or two. Estimated delivery date (from amazon) was 2 weeks ago. Won't bother with it anymore in the future, at least on eBay you can see right away where the seller is based.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'm eating an apple at my desk and am convinced everyone around me thinks it's really loud and hates me. But I'm hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Tonsill-fcukin-itis:(. I thought it was well and truly in my past. I'm dying.

Went home to my parents at the weekend and for the first time it was sad because it has always been a centre of life with my nieces and nephews (who live nearby) in there playing or "helping" my Mam by baking with her or just up to divilment and roguery around the place (there's usually some trick they test on me when I walk in the door like the clown that pops out of the Colman's Mustard when you twist the cap!). There were none of them there and it was a much sadder place for their absence. It made me think of all the family members (and regular house visitors) who have died in recent years and how much more courage it must take for my parents to face life when so many of their siblings have now passed away.

Petty little digs, 'subtly' disguised as 'insight'.

Meetings in the kitchen. WTF is that about?! Get thee into a meeting room - that's what they are for - and stop wrecking my fúcking head with your shyte meeting lingo while I try to enjoy my lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Meetings in the kitchen. WTF is that about?! Get thee into a meeting room - that's what they are for - and stop wrecking my fúcking head with your shyte meeting lingo while I try to enjoy my lunch!

Or worse, a meeting in one of those poxy 'coffee shops' round the corner from the office. Had to decline one before, "Oh the meeting room is double booked so do you want to go grab a coffee in <insert name of shíthole coffee shop>?"....."Na, just book the meeting room for when it's free, thanks!" Sitting there like a twat while strangers listen in. Plus I wouldn't give them coffee shops the steam off me piss never mind a few euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The absolute prat behind me in the gold circle/business check in queue at Terminal 2 on Sunday morning.

The queue was moving slowly due to some other tools at the top taking an age to get their shït in order, and I could hear this guy (posh as feck, not that that makes a difference) giving out tutting all over the place because he was late for his check in. He was asking everyone if he could go ahead of them as he only 'had minutes' to spare or he'd miss his flight. When he got to me, I actually grew a set of balls and refused him on the basis that I myself only had 30 minutes or so before my flight boarded, and was travelling with an infant, so he would just have to wait his turn. He wasn't too impressed but I didn't give the slightest of füçks because of his attitude with everyone else behind me (he had to go ahead of everyone otherwise he'd miss his flight!!!).

Anyway, got checked in (they opened up another check in desk and gobshïté got himself checked in at the same time as us), went through security, and just had time to hit the gold circle lounge to have a coffee and make a camomile tea for the little lad for the flight, and who do I see in the lounge having a coffee & scone?? Yes, it was only füçkfäçe (my flight is leaving in 5 minutes) himself.

It just really ground my gears that this guy was asking people could he skip ahead of them under the premise that he was late just so he could have his free coffee & scone in the lounge.

Absolute Prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dear American tourist. I know you've heard that every single Irish person is super friendly and would love to chat to you for hours on end. Well I hate to break it to you but it is complete bs.
    I'd really rather not have you approach me in the pub and continue to tell me your entire (boring) life story when all I want is a quiet pint and a read of my paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Check in to hotel. Get room on 8th floor. Great!

Get to room and the keycard is not working. Tis a long way back to reception from there. And this always seems to happen to me. The higher up the hotel room the less chance of the keycard working at some stage during the stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    So glad I resisted the temptation to google this - it obviously means what I think it means! :pac:

I was shocked that it was in the plural tbh!!!

But yeah, it's 'strumming the beaver' or 'roughing up the suspect' depending on the gender of the colleague. Either set could have a pokey bum **** while they are at it too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I bought some "ripe and ready" nectarines yesterday which are neither ripe, nor ready.

I must have checked the one I brought to work at least seven times already to see if it's ripe yet. I know it's not. I don't know why I keep checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

kfallon wrote: »
    pokey bum ****

:eek::eek::eek:

And I thought I'd been around the block a few times :p

TA'd with my low carb diet.. I just want some buttery bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Shaky cameras in action movies so ya can't actually see whats going on, newest Bourne movie is absolutely terrible for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

Hoards of Spanish students bedecked in brightly-coloured backpacks who would absolutely walk over you if you were going in the opposite direction to them along the footpath etc.

The most sullen gang of Irish teenagers would at least have the good-manners to not walk 9 or 10 abreast down the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Have spent years buying all my stuff in the local Centra, Marks, Dunnes and Tesco. Happened to wander into Aldi last Sunday evening.....and there's all the stuff that I have been buying for years, all more or less half price.....Colgate toothpaste, Hunky Dory crisps, soft jellies etc etc. I try so hard to shop local, but seeing this, has annoyed me and made me want to turn to the dark side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hoards of Spanish students bedecked in brightly-coloured backpacks who would absolutely walk over you if you were going in the opposite direction to them along the footpath etc.

The most sullen gang of Irish teenagers would at least have the good-manners to not walk 9 or 10 abreast down the street!

They can be so damn annoying when they take over a city service bus too, the noise level triples.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Moss. If anyone knows how to rid the world (or just my garden) of bloody moss I will kiss ya.
    It is a scourge. Should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They can be so damn annoying when they take over a city service bus too, the noise level triples.

I believe they are the richest of the rich Spaniards. So a lot of them think their sh1t doesn't smell

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭galwayguy85

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I believe they are the richest of the rich Spaniards. So a lot of them think their sh1t doesn't smell

My cousin took in one in for a while this summer. Based on the feedback he gave me, they're a big commitment. You definitely work for the few hundred euros that you might get for the time you have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Winterlong wrote: »
    Moss. If anyone knows how to rid the world (or just my garden) of bloody moss I will kiss ya.
    It is a scourge. Should be banned.

Scarify for lawns and iirc washing powder for tarmac (+steam washer we used)

TA: TV decided it deosnt want to work in middle of home and away :(:(

Scarify for lawns and iirc washing powder for tarmac (+steam washer we used)

TA: TV decided it deosnt want to work in middle of home and away :(:(

I will give it a try.

TA that I might owe Tom a kiss. No offence lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Story Bud? wrote: »
    I bought some "ripe and ready" nectarines yesterday which are neither ripe, nor ready.

I must have checked the one I brought to work at least seven times already to see if it's ripe yet. I know it's not. I don't know why I keep checking.
    Me too, me too. TA as hell as they cost around 3 euro for 3. Sweet and ripe my ass, and before anyone thinks it, no, that's not a euphemism for anything. Total Tesco rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Winterlong wrote: »
    I will give it a try.

TA that I might owe Tom a kiss. No offence lad.

TA; Winterlong isn't a young wan :(

Also now my TV won't even turn on..
    To quote mario barotelli ....why always me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Quote: Story Bud?

Me too, me too. TA as hell as they cost around 3 euro for 3. Sweet and ripe my ass, and before anyone thinks it, no, that's not a euphemism for anything. Total Tesco rip-off.

And before you know it, when you take your eye off them,they all magically become over ripe and manky. Ya can't win with a lot of fruit :(

Myself. I don't know what's going on with me at all at all. Last night I had a good auld cry but feel on the verge of tears again. My feeling is one of emotional over-whelment, but why I have no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There are some babies visiting my boyfriends parents. The little girl who's only 2 just told us "I do my mummy's head in". Poor baby. Heartbreaking :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement