Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Hoards of Spanish students bedecked in brightly-coloured backpacks who would absolutely walk over you if you were going in the opposite direction to them along the footpath etc.

The most sullen gang of Irish teenagers would at least have the good-manners to not walk 9 or 10 abreast down the street!

They're really bad for not moving, I don't know why. And I teach them!
    TA'd that I've a really weird pain on the right side of my chest all day which hasn't gone away with painkillers.
    So I can't lie on my stomach which is my go-to sleep position, and I've an interview tomorrow and need not look like bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

TA that I have an interview later and my mother woke me earlier banging around the house, then started fighting with my father. I need to pass the interview but can't see it happening and am faced with the likely hood of living here for so much longer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Mudmask wrote: »
    TA that I have an interview later and my mother woke me earlier banging around the house, then started fighting with my father. I need to pass the interview but can't see it happening and am faced with the likely hood of living here for so much longer :(

I'm TA'd with that attitude of yours :mad:

Good luck with it :):):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Full on, full force bit my tongue last night.

It went numb for ages and wouldn't stop bleeding.

I was fuming with myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

everlast75 wrote: »
    Full on, full force bit my tongue last night.

It went numb for ages and wouldn't stop bleeding.

I was fuming with myself :(

Pretty good bit on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdi_u1ZenRw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Less than trivial but people who take pups and then change their minds about them a few weeks later. WTF is wrong with people? Do they not realize the commitment of a pup when they take it on? And then they expect it to act like an adult dog, and say he is too hyper and cries at night. He's a baby ffs! So gobshíte here was up at 5am walking the pup because other people cant be bothered sticking to their commitments. Second time this has happened too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TSMGUY wrote: »

I was going to go looking for the Dara O'Briain clip but wasn't bothered haha, but it was the first thing I thought of too.

TA'd that the lightbulb I just replaced in my bedside lamp broke this morning after 1 day of use because I sleepily inexplicably jerked my arm out and hit it when getting up this morning.

KatW4 wrote: »
    There are some babies visiting my boyfriends parents. The little girl who's only 2 just told us "I do my mummy's head in". Poor baby. Heartbreaking :(

Eugh :( My mum saw my cousin holding her 3 year old little girl in front of her and saying when was acting out, "I don't like you very much" - and she'll be moaning when her kid turns into a fúckin basket case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

I was going to go looking for the Dara O'Briain clip but wasn't bothered haha, but it was the first thing I thought of too.

TA'd that the lightbulb I just replaced in my bedside lamp broke this morning after 1 day of use because I sleepily inexplicably jerked my arm out and hit it when getting up this morning.

great minds link alike

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Have spent years buying all my stuff in the local Centra, Marks, Dunnes and Tesco. Happened to wander into Aldi last Sunday evening.....and there's all the stuff that I have been buying for years, all more or less half price.....Colgate toothpaste, Hunky Dory crisps, soft jellies etc etc. I try so hard to shop local, but seeing this, has annoyed me and made me want to turn to the dark side.....

It's not the dark side, it's the "The Irish Government are raping my salary every week" side ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Parents and their constant moaning about the cost of raising a kid.

Kids are expensive, it shouldn't be a shock to you and no-one cares that you have to sacrifice some things in order to pay for your child's needs and interests.

Then you have Barnaardos all over the radio this morning with their annual whingefest about the cost of sending a kid to school. To school of all things, the most important thing you can give a child is their education so maybe spend less on chocolate and crap and prioritise. Apparently it cost up to €400 to send a child to primary school, so about €7-€8 a week

Crocked wrote: »

Kids are expensive, it shouldn't be a shock to you and no-one cares that you have to sacrifice some things in order to pay for your child's needs and interests.

Then you have Barnaardos all over the radio this morning with their annual whingefest about the cost of sending a kid to school. To school of all things, the most important thing you can give a child is their education so maybe spend less on chocolate and crap and prioritise. Apparently it cost up to €400 to send a child to primary school, so about €7-€8 a week

And it's probably a lot less than the average spend on communions and confirmations when the bar tab and the hire of a bouncy castle are taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a woeful cough the last few days and I used some of my other half's inhaler.
    It did such a good job that I kept using it every hour or so.
    Now I feel like my chest is so tight and I can't cough at all. I didn't think it was possible to overdose on an inhaler.
    I'm angry with myself for being naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA the rain is back along with my least favourite season :( I need sun dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Crocked wrote: »

Those are up-front costs, afaik.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Esel wrote: »
    Those are up-front costs, afaik.

They are indeed. Other costs incurred in school year are not included.

Still, it's their child, sacrifices should come easier for your own child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    KatW4 wrote: »
    There are some babies visiting my boyfriends parents. The little girl who's only 2 just told us "I do my mummy's head in". Poor baby. Heartbreaking :(

Eugh :( My mum saw my cousin holding her 3 year old little girl in front of her and saying when was acting out, "I don't like you very much" - and she'll be moaning when her kid turns into a f ckin basket case.

On FB recently, a friend of a friend was saying how her Husband was such a wonderful father to their 10 week old baby. Great start and all that, but I'd give it another while before I made declarations like that. Wait until she is twenty and see if she still talks to you. If she is not wearing six inch clear soled platforms to work and sends you the odd birthday card, you probably did OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Getting home from work and using my phone to watch youtube videos but forgetting to switch it to the house wifi. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

As a stupid person, my trivial annoyance is when preparing for exams, people ask "how is the study going?"

Invariably, my answer is "not very well, it is very unlikely that I will pass the exam." and they're like "ah you'll be grand"

I also get trivially annoyed by people who continuously talk about how they're going to fail or after an exam they say " aw I definitely failed that" and then come out with straight A's.

I hate repeat exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Getting home from work and using my phone to watch youtube videos but forgetting to switch it to the house wifi. Grrrr.

would you not leave the wifi on so the phone automatically picks it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Foo King Ell

Setting an early alarm on the phone for an early Friday start and remembering at 6am on Saturday that I forgot to un-tick Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Oymyakon wrote:
    would you not leave the wifi on so the phone automatically picks it up

No, because then it tries to connect to the wifi at work but as I don't have a company phone I'm not allowed to have the password. It gets annoying to have it keep popping up asking for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The missus is currently conducting a Reiki yoke in my house. I ate Lidl Muesli this morning and am farting alot. Loud ones.
    I'm already expecting a bolloking from the missus later when the client leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

i don't know what i want to eat.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

northgirl wrote:
    i don't know what i want to eat.

I'm like that all day and I've eaten about 10 000 calories but still haven't hit the spot.Very TAing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colser wrote: »
    I'm like that all day and I've eaten about 10 000 calories but still haven't hit the spot.Very TAing.

TA'd that it's getting too late to eat too much! Also TA'd that my stomach is not the best but I am still greedy and want to eat something!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd, TA'd.....I'm just very TA'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

kfallon wrote: »
    TA'd, TA'd.....I'm just very TA'd
    I thought Wednesday night was couch night in kfallon's. Lover's tiff?:D

TA some documents I have been trying to email someone have not gone through and same from their side to me no matter how much we both tried. Something I'm trying to arrange but there's a degree of risk involved so maybe the gods are trying to tell me something but to hell with that. I will persist :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Serious TA with Spotify on Android.

When the phone is locked, there is a mini player on the lock screen so you don't have to unlock the phone to skip to the next song, to pause or to close the application. These 3 buttons are tiny and right next to each other. If you're in a gym and try to skip to the next song while running etc. half the time you miss the forward button and either pause it or close spotify. It is so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The majority of my cold symptoms have gone but one nostril is still slightly blocked and my tastebuds aren't still 100% so everything tastes weird.

I also have zero energy and I really don't want to go and do the weekly shop.

I also have to go shopping for a birthday present for a child and I haven't a clue what to get.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement