Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you wake up from a sex dream.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lack of TAs today is a TA. Could someone check on ONW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got fish n chips for dinner for my bday treat. Went to add a bit of salt but the lid was loose and emptied the whole container onto them ;-(
    Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That's a TA all right

(Happy Birthday!)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those 'Bike Aware' and 'Think Bike' ads they run on TV showing how invisible bikers are and to be very careful of them while we drive around in our 4 wheeled death machines.

Perhaps if 97.4% of them didn't drive around at 346 km/h everywhere, while weaving between lanes on motorways in and out of traffic they'd be easier to spot!!!

How many times have you been driving on a motorway and checking your mirrors regularly, and go to make a lane change as your in the clear and suddenly Carl fcûkïng Fogarty is right up your arse, or better still, in your blind spot, within touching distance of your car??

I'll respect you füçkers when you respect the rules of the road we ALL have to abide by!!

Just because your on 2 wheels, it doesn't give you free roam to 'own' the road. Your not in the fçükïñg Isle of Man on a time trial, your on the M50, where there are rules.

Obey them. Then I will respect you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Those 'Bike Aware' and 'Think Bike' ads they run on TV showing how invisible bikers are and to be very careful of them while we drive around in our 4 wheeled death machines.

Perhaps if 97.4% of them didn't drive around at 346 km/h everywhere, while weaving between lanes on motorways in and out of traffic they'd be easier to spot!!!

How many times have you been driving on a motorway and checking your mirrors regularly, and go to make a lane change as your in the clear and suddenly Carl fcûkïng Fogarty is right up your arse, or better still, in your blind spot, within touching distance of your car??

I'll respect you füçkers when you respect the rules of the road we ALL have to abide by!!

Just because your on 2 wheels, it doesn't give you free roam to 'own' the road. Your not in the fçükïñg Isle of Man on a time trial, your on the M50, where there are rules.

Obey them. Then I will respect you.

Fuppin' cager! :P

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sorry for your job as a toilet cleaner

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

drivers using mobile phones! The amount of people I see texting or talking on phones is unbelievable is your phone worth more than my life

Spudgun wrote: »
    drivers using mobile phones! The amount of people I see texting or talking on phones is unbelievable is your phone worth more than my life

Take a picture of them and tweet it to the GTC. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Spudgun wrote: »

Drivers with head facing forward but eyes looking down are now common sight when I check out drivers coming the other way.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Drivers with head facing forward but eyes looking down are now common sight when I check out drivers coming the other way.

I agree - that is a real problem.

How to counteract it? Defensive driving.

Not your ornery onager

Saturation sports coverage on the radio. I've long since abandoned tv as a source of relaxation or entertainment but in the past 10 years as sports have become businesses they have got a huge increase in airtime.

In particular the sports news being on on each radio station after the news on the hour (how creative!) means that radio listeners have no alternative every hour of the day but to hear the latest sports hype. The 10-minute-long sports section after the 8:30am Morning Ireland news is the worst of this huge imposition as there's no serious radio news alternative for all that time. Today at 8:20 it reached a new nadir as Des Cahill came on with Olympic news. When I turned back at 8:55am he was still talking about the Olympics. Crazy.

It's well past time that RTÉ or the "free market" (ha!) set up a dedicated sports radio station as this colonisation of every single hour of the state broadcaster is destroying radio for the vast majority of the population who have little/no interest in sport no matter how much saturation hype attends to it.

/end rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The stale smell when u open a lunchbox. Gag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

elfy4eva wrote: »
    The stale smell when u open a lunchbox. Gag

I changed dressing on a splinted finger last night... phewww :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Saturation sports coverage on the radio. I've long since abandoned tv as a source of relaxation or entertainment but in the past 10 years as sports have become businesses they have got a huge increase in airtime.

In particular the sports news being on on each radio station after the news on the hour (how creative!) means that radio listeners have no alternative every hour of the day but to hear the latest sports hype. The 10-minute-long sports section after the 8:30am Morning Ireland news is the worst of this huge imposition as there's no serious radio news alternative for all that time. Today at 8:20 it reached a new nadir as Des Cahill came on with Olympic news. When I turned back at 8:55am he was still talking about the Olympics. Crazy.

It's well past time that RTÉ or the "free market" (ha!) set up a dedicated sports radio station as this colonisation of every single hour of the state broadcaster is destroying radio for the vast majority of the population who have little/no interest in sport no matter how much saturation hype attends to it.

/end rant.

A million times this.

Add to that the hour or two on a Friday that each of the big morning shows on Newstalk and Radio 1 talk about sport, the hour or two on Friday evening that the drivetime shows spend talking about sport, the blanket sports coverage on a Saturday and Sunday from ~12pm to 7pm including post-mortems of stuff that was literally just broadcast live on the radio and the the hour or two post mortem on a Monday during both the morning and drivetime shows.

Sports coverage on mainstream networks should be just broadcasting live events and that's it. If you are the type of psycho who actually enjoys listening to "experts" waffling on for hour upon hour about "what they should have done was win/score more points!" then you should have your own TV and radio channels away from normal people who are bored to tears by all this twaddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

hangovers that sort of just...hang :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I changed dressing on a splinted finger last night... phewww

I wrapped the remains of a roast chicken in tin foil last night and put it in the fridge..smelt disgusting when I opened the door this morning and took me a few seconds to realise what the hell it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The antibiotics I'm on taste vile. They are swallowed in a split second, but still leave a rotten after taste.

OldNotWIse wrote:
    hangovers that sort of just...hang

I had that all day last Saturday..the hangover that kept on giving..I only had 4 drinks which made it worse😠

I had a cut on the inside of my thumb from trying to open a can of dog food (TA ring pulls that come clean off without opening the tin!) . It was just about closing (day 3 after injury) when the cat decided to go schizoid because of the dog, and I picked her up. She ripped it open again. TA waking up with a hangover and seeing blood all over the floor and missing the use of an opposable thumb...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I changed dressing on a splinted finger last night... phewww :pac:

I had my finger splinted for 6 weeks a few years back, after cutting the tendon. I can still get the smell :D:D

I wish my productivity levels stayed relatively consistent. Yesterday I was fine, loads done, today.. nope. nothing. not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I wish my productivity levels stayed relatively consistent. Yesterday I was fine, loads done, today.. nope. nothing. not gonna happen.

There is something in the air today. I have yet to talk to anyone who is in an actual good mood.

Winterlong wrote: »
    There is something in the air today. I have yet to talk to anyone who is in an actual good mood.

Most definitely, and then TA the few tossposts cartwheeling around shouting "happy Friday!" :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Most definitely, and then TA the few tossposts cartwheeling around shouting "happy Friday!" :(

They know where they can shove their 'Happy Friday'.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

TA that there are people that don't like the fact that people are happy that it's Friday

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Winterlong wrote: »

Cant get to sleep with the heat at night all week, then cant wake up in the morning. Tired all week. Bad mood and no productivity. Grr.

TA that there are people that don't like the fact that people are happy that it's Friday

TA that there are people who are TA'd by the fact that there are people that don't like the fact that people are happy its Friday.

My head hurts...

Shove it

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote:
    TA that there are people who are TA'd by the fact that there are people that don't like the fact that people are happy its Friday.

TA I'm out of popcorn ðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement