Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My TA is being misunderstood.

I was carrying a box in to a house yesterday, the box was large and relatively heavy. Rang the doorbell and a man answered, he tried to pay me while my two hands were holding the box. I said, "will I carry this in for you and then I'll take the money"? Being nice! He immediately froze over and stiffly said "I'm not infirm, I think I can manage", an icicle hanging from every word.

I was a bit flustered but wasn't arsed getting into a discussion about it so hooshed the box over to him. Then he was holding the box and the money so still couldn't pay me. He then called his wife out to take the unwieldy box :pac: then paid me the €69.90 bill with €70 and said "you owe me 10 cent young lady". (Amazing, you can do simple subtraction!)

Damn, if I hadn't offered to carry in the box he might have let me keep it!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA that there are people who are TA'd by the fact that there are people that don't like the fact that people are happy its Friday.

My head hurts...

Well played.

And that TA's me.. before Boom_Bap gives me a warning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

mud wrote:
    I was carrying a box in to a house yesterday, the box was large and relatively heavy. Rang the doorbell and a man answered, he tried to pay me while my two hands were holding the box. I said, "will I carry this in for you and then I'll take the money"? Being nice! He immediately froze over and stiffly said "I'm not infirm, I think I can manage", an icicle hanging from every word.

Hope it was a box of ****e..honestly some people should be shot.What a horrible man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The general public TA me so much. The amount of frankly moronic questions I'm asked on a daily basis at work makes me genuinely worry about the level of intelligence in this country.

Seriously, I'm asked stuff that has me shaking my head in disbelief every few minutes and wondering if it's all part of some elaborate prank the world is playing on me.

Then you have people who will ask a question that I just answered to a person standing not three feet away from them seconds earlier.

Do you really think the answer I'll give you will be any different to the one you literally just heard me give that other person.

A nation of obese, greedy clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Teekee wrote: »
    People who fap on company time. It makes more work for the rest of us

Take a picture of them and tweet it to their boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

On a bus this morning. Relatively busy so guy sits beside me on a double seat. No issue there, but he was practically on top of me. Slightly annoying but not the worst.

2 stops later, half the bus gets off. There are 10 empty double seats beside him, in front him, everywhere. He doesn't move. he prefers to squash me instead.

Who doesn't move to an empty double seat for themselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Saturation sports coverage on the radio. I've long since abandoned tv as a source of relaxation or entertainment but in the past 10 years as sports have become businesses they have got a huge increase in airtime.

In particular the sports news being on on each radio station after the news on the hour (how creative!) means that radio listeners have no alternative every hour of the day but to hear the latest sports hype. The 10-minute-long sports section after the 8:30am Morning Ireland news is the worst of this huge imposition as there's no serious radio news alternative for all that time. Today at 8:20 it reached a new nadir as Des Cahill came on with Olympic news. When I turned back at 8:55am he was still talking about the Olympics. Crazy.

It's well past time that RTÉ or the "free market" (ha!) set up a dedicated sports radio station as this colonisation of every single hour of the state broadcaster is destroying radio for the vast majority of the population who have little/no interest in sport no matter how much saturation hype attends to it.

/end rant.

Hi honey. I never realised you were on Boards.

My TA is having to pay multiple subscriptions to watch different sports from round the world. And I still can't get the Rugby Channel :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Dodge wrote: »
    On a bus this morning. Relatively busy so guy sits beside me on a double seat. No issue there, but he was practically on top of me. Slightly annoying but not the worst.

2 stops later, half the bus gets off. There are 10 empty double seats beside him, in front him, everywhere. He doesn't move. he prefers to squash me instead.

Who doesn't move to an empty double seat for themselves!!

Related TA - people who put bags/coats on seats beside them on bus so nobody can sit there, thereby increasing the chances of someone sitting beside/on top of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This TA'd me yet again last night.

In films in which there is a battle charge, the team facing the charge fire a volley of bullets/spears/arrows/whatever, and we see the first line of the charge being mown down.

Then there's another volley, and we see the chargers falling all over the place.

Then there's another, and they're still dropping like flies.

Yet when the chargers reach the line of battle, there's as many of them as there was at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not trivial as such, but Truth Seekers piss me right off. You cannot have a conversation with them about anything as they will go off on a NWO rant and how we are being monitored and how toothpaste/sunscreen etc ect etc gives you cancer and the medical companies are behind it so they can sell their drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The general public TA me so much. The amount of frankly moronic questions I'm asked on a daily basis at work makes me genuinely worry about the level of intelligence in this country.

Seriously, I'm asked stuff that has me shaking my head in disbelief every few minutes and wondering if it's all part of some elaborate prank the world is playing on me.

Then you have people who will ask a question that I just answered to a person standing not three feet away from them seconds earlier.

Do you really think the answer I'll give you will be any different to the one you literally just heard me give that other person.

A nation of obese, greedy clowns.

Glad to see that someone else notices this too. Some people are as thick as three double ditches. I regularly have to check myself from telling them how stupid they are. It really is TAing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

People who post "Garda checkpoint at *insert place*"

So? If you're not a criminal then it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    People who post "Garda checkpoint at *insert place*"

So? If you're not a criminal then it doesn't matter.

TA'd that your friends with loads of criminals and don't even realise it!

People who leave vital information out of their posts...don't say you listened to good music and it made you happy unless you tell us what the music was....😛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Colser wrote: »
    People who leave vital information out of their posts...don't say you listened to good music and it made you happy unless you tell us what the music was....😛

Ahem, I think that may be me! It was My Chemical Romance , The Black Parade :)
    To add a TA, I'm eating nothing but sh1te lately. After reading the recent thread on crisp sandwiches, I've an obsession with them. I even took one to bed with me one night. I'm pigging chocolate , and I can usually take or leave it. I'm not hungry for dinner now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

The Dundalk accent...

Aaaaand Dundalk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

^^^^^ if I could thank this a million times I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm shiny - oil free foundation, my arse!

People who turn around in queues and gawk all around them - turn around ta f*ck!

When a great song (Sweet Child of Mine) comes on and someone switches the station - excuse me, I was crowing along to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

9 hours wearing safety boots :( i'd rather stand barefoot on lego

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The onset of a UTI: the unbelievable urge to pee, the mad dash to the facilities, the burning sensation then the pain of the single drop that squeezes out reluctantly.

Cranberry juice and water for the day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's been said before. I know this.

But....

People signing off their posts with their username makes me want to seek them out in real life and scream in their face " I can see your f*cking username already!!!"

Mu best friend. I do love her but lord she's a divil with a few drinks.

She's just woken me up with a phone call. "Perse I have someone here that wants to talk to you. This is xxxx. He's single".
    Sweet divine jaysus.

Ended up speaking to the lad for a few minutes while she intermittenly shouts "I love you so much Perse".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

TA husband is watching Gladiator for the last hour for almost the 1100th time. How can anyone keep rewatching the same movie again and again for years? Where's the thrill and the element of surprise in that? He obviously gets off on the gore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Post bday celebrations wine hangover and having to solo parent our 4 & 3 year till 5pm as Mr Sam is away today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

coming up on a big bday myself and not looking forward to the fuss....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So I had a craving for some chili con carne yesterday after work and ended up being very TA in the middle of cooking it, when I realised I didn't have any kidney beans.:(

coming up on a big bday myself and not looking forward to the fuss....

Same here..maybe we're twins😛

TA the rain when you've just got your hair done..there will be trouble if I frizz up 😠

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that it was forecast to be sunny and it is RAINING!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Raining?

You live in Ireland!

TA at all this water fee discussion, either the government installs water meters or stops talking about it --- and so should the people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that some people can't comprehend a simple sentence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement