Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that forecast was supposed to be 25 degrees today and sunny, although it is warm but muggy and overcast.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

More TAed the overcast has now turned into rain Grrrrrrr! :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I pressed the red button on my remote while watching the Olympics on BBC1. Pressing the red button apparently gives you the option the to choose which event to watch.
    But when I press it, nothing happens and I get the NO SIGNAL message on-screen.
    Bloody annoying!

TA'd too that we're going out tonight (spur of the moment) and while I'm looking forward to it, it means I have to apply make-up and as any woman knows, applying make-up in this humidity is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

TA'd that people insist on naming their houses in estates with two or three hundred houses. Fair enough if it's a place in the back of beyond. I'm a courier and you end up looking for Chez Kelly instead of number 42. Even worse are the houses with no number at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote:
    I pressed the red button on my remote while watching the Olympics on BBC1. Pressing the red button apparently gives you the option the to choose which event to watch. But when I press it, nothing happens and I get the NO SIGNAL message on-screen. Bloody annoying!

Have a look at the SKY talk to thread...seemingly the option is only available to UK viewers.TAing if that's true..

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Have a look at the SKY talk to thread...seemingly the option is only available to UK viewers.TAing if that's true..

Thanks Colser.
    That's bloody frustrating. Why is SKY even in this country if they don't let their Irish customers access the Red button?

It's like with UK programmes; they might be running a competition that viewers can enter via phone or text, and although the show is broadcast in Ireland, we're exempt from entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Only heard of a neighbours funeral this morning. Planned on going to the removal this evening. Threw myself on the bed after a shower and slept for 2 hrs. Feck sake. Missed the funeral by 3/4 of an hr. Now I'll have to be up at 9.30 in morning to make the church at 10.30. I like a lie in on Sunday. Oh well can't have it all my own way i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Calling your local take-away, only to have have them cut you off mid-sentence, as they demonstrate the fact they already know what you're about to order.

Being a bit of an oddball, this irritates me to the point where I'll then give 'em the cold shoulder for a couple of months, even if it means paying the same amount for a patently inferior Chicken Jalfrezi sourced elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Calling your local take-away, only to have have them cut you off mid-sentence, as they demonstrate the fact they already know what you're about to order.

Being a bit of an oddball, this irritates me to the point where I'll then give 'em the cold shoulder for a couple of months, even if it means paying the same amount for a patently inferior Chicken Jalfrezi sourced elsewhere.

Then mix it up, order something else...

TA'd that one of my local takeaways only put on my phone order when I arrive to collect it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thanks Colser.
    That's bloody frustrating. Why is SKY even in this country if they don't let their Irish customers access the Red button?

It's like with UK programmes; they might be running a competition that viewers can enter via phone or text, and although the show is broadcast in Ireland, we're exempt from entering.
    Olympic stations for BBC were added to this post today which you can tune yourself.

TA - It's raining and windy. Looks like an autumn evening instead of summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

TAd that the student staying in my house keeps updating me with news from the Olympics. I'm sitting in a room reading a book, there is a HUGE TV in front of me that is definitely not on...if I had any interest in the Olympics then I would watch it.
    Also TAd that he's mooching around the house all the time and never leaves cos "it might rain today". This is Ireland, there is no might about it, it WILL rain today...we don't wait for the weather. He's been out for 30 minutes in 6 days...and even then he got a lift back cos it as windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

TA'd that my husband went out for "one or two pints":rolleyes: last night. At 2.30 this morning he woke me up because he was unable to lock the door, then he falls asleep snoring so loud that he could wake the dead, I ended up having to sleep on the couch.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

TA'd at the phrase TA'd - it took me several minutes to decipher the meaning of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

People standing on graves at funerals. The height of disrespect.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anytime I break into song at home, one of my German Shepherds starts shaking his head rapidly the same way we say 'No' with our heads. And if I don't stop, he'll follow me around the house shaking his head in displeasure to get me to stop. Failing that, he'll then accidentally on purpose, stand on my feet bring me to a standstill with his bulk. TA annoying that my devoted dog who thinks that I am God upon thine earth, nearly has a fit every time I break into song.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

In the shop earlier and the radio was on. One of my most hated songs ever, it is now stuck in my head for the day. Fcuk you earworm.
    Eternal - I wanna be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People standing on graves at funerals. The height of disrespect.

I think the same, but was visiting O.H's relatives grave "down the country" and there is NO space to walk between the graves, they are all kerb to kerb side to side top to bottom, she ploughed on over them I went long way round walked on the kerb.

Went out last night and I've had The Fear all day. Worried I said or did anything wrong in my tipsy state. Other half assures me I didn't but I can't shake the feeling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Wanting what you can't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that the Olympic coverage doesn't show all the sports and that some finals are on at very unsociable hours (I know it can't be helped)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

TA'd that two litre bottles of Coke, Sprite and Fanta have sneakily been reduced to 1.75 litres.
    They've made sure the bottles are the same height as genuine two litre Pepsi, 7UP etc. so you don't notice the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

TAed my sleeping pattern is fcuked, sleep during the day, then cant sleep at night
    Morning comes...zzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

TA'd that shaky desk guy came in wearing a jacket and scarf - f**k off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd at how shockingly bad the Rio 2016 app is!!

There's so much happening at the Olympics that you need a decent app to keep up with it all, yet the official app is atrocious.

On last check Ireland have apparently won 2 gold, 3 silver and a bronze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

franer1970 wrote: »
    TA'd that two litre bottles of Coke, Sprite and Fanta have sneakily been reduced to 1.75 litres.
    They've made sure the bottles are the same height as genuine two litre Pepsi, 7UP etc. so you don't notice the difference.
    Don't you know they're only acting in the public's best interests with our health in mind!! It's probably their strategy to offset the proposed sugar tax by reducing the bottle sizes and thereby reducing the overall sugar quantity while still charging the same price and saying they've already tackled the issue by self-regulation. Win win for them although it doesn't affect me as such as I rarely drink them.

TA I always hate when I leave the fridge door open for more than a minute it starts bleeping like the clappers but just recently it has only given out a few bleeps. Hope it's not on the blink. Sometimes be careful what you wish for. That or it has finally paid heed to me swearing at it and has decided to conform for the sake of a quiet(er) life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Confusing language when comparing things: an example I just read on Reddit was "Canada's population is ten times less than the USA's". The USA's population is 300 million: what is "ten times less than" 300 million? Ten times 300 million is 3 billion, and Canada's population is that much less than the USA's, so ... Canada has minus 2.7 billion people?

Obviously, I know that's not right, but if you try to tell me I'm reading it incorrectly, you're missing the point. When something is communicated clearly, it's not possible to read it incorrectly. Good communicators "misread-proof" what they say before they say it.

Better to say "Canada's population is one tenth of the USA's". It's actually a bit more - 35 million, not 30 million - but that's closer than minus 2.7 billion. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who send 'Kind Reminder' emails about emails they only sent you 5 minutes beforehand. FO and die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

People who send 'Kind Reminder' emails about emails they only sent you 5 minutes beforehand. FO and die!

Thats up there with people who call over to your desk to tell you they've sent you an email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd that some people can't comprehend a simple sentence.

What does "TA'd" mean?

(Only joking! But just showing that what might seem like a simple sentence to you, might not to others.)

franer1970 wrote: »
    My policy is to avoid Coke (and their other products). I actually prefer Pepsi Max to any Coke product. And Sprite is terrible.

I'm trivially annoyed that I've a few little things to do in work, should take 5 or 10 minutes, but I keep getting interrupted with other stuff (and it's usually just me distracting myself with other work).

"Just do it!" sez Mr Niké.
    "But look...other stuff!" sez me, pointing, at nothing in particular.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement