Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

When you stop your car to let someone cross a zebra crossing and they don’t even acknowledge you.
    I know they have right away, but a simple thank you gesture wouldn’t hurt!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Passive aggressive dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

When you stop your car to let someone cross a zebra crossing and they don’t even acknowledge you.

TA'd that you think they should thank you.. When pedestrians wait at traffic lights that are red for them, do you wave as you drive by?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd at "right away" being used instead of "right of way"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA at today. It was supposed to be a nice soft day but instead is a bit of a bitch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

TSMGUY wrote: »
    Passive aggressive dickheads.

Unlike SOME people.

I want to go to bed. Why isn't my bed here? It's so far away. I want my bed.

Bed. Bed. Bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

When you go out for a meal and eat but then you want to have a siesta but have to travel all the way back home before you can flake out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Competition on FB for the Santa Experience..ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Crazy people! They are everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My Aunt was scheduled to have surgery today but when she phoned this morning to confirm there was a bed available, they said "no" and told her to call back every hour until one became available.

She did that and by 4pm she was told "No, still none. We'll cancel your surgery and send you a new date."
    My Aunt is very disappointed.
    Her surgery was cancelled last year too.

She had everything in place; was all psyched up and prepared and now she has to wait again.
    It's beyond frustrating for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ThepoolEIRE88

Having too **** straight after you had a shower

People putting wet spoons in the bag of sugar

People who put slabs of butter in the fridge til it goes rock hard ,what good is that butter now when u can even spread in on the toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Deedsie wrote: »
    It annoys me when people leave the car dealership stickers and dealership surrounds around their registration plates.

Why would you provide free advertising for a car dealership on your property. At the very least remove the stickers.

It just looks untidy and bugs me a little.

If they're good to you I don't mind, if they aint, they're off in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

At work we have this yoke hooked up to the computer system thats some kind of super duper backup incase of a power cut.
    The battery is low since last week, and beeps every few seconds. All day. Constantly.
    We're not allowed to change the batteries ourselves, have to wait on an engineer to come from Belfast. My brain hurts.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

s4uv3 wrote: »
    At work we have this yoke hooked up to the computer system thats some kind of super duper backup incase of a power cut.
    The battery is low since last week, and beeps every few seconds. All day. Constantly.
    We're not allowed to change the batteries ourselves, have to wait on an engineer to come from Belfast. My brain hurts.
    :(

Try flogging it to Delta, sounds like thats just what they need

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016/0808/807713-delta-airlines-outage/

(not that I'd recommend stealing equipment from your employer of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

No replies from Snapchat and Snapchat lurkers. My nephew is away, I've sent him a few snaps to see how he's getting on, not one reply. He views my stories too. A few other people who never put anything on it, but are always one of the first few to view.
    I think I need to do a cull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Had about 27 Tabs open there! And I absentmindedly by habit hit the big x in the top corner instead of a single tab. :o:rolleyes: Well Shyiad. :o:rolleyes: Have to go logging back into everything again now and I can't remember a multitude of email addresses nor passwords nor nothing! :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Had about 27 Tabs open there! And I absentmindedly by habit hit the big x in the top corner instead of a single tab. :o:rolleyes: Well Shyiad. :o:rolleyes: Have to go logging back into everything again now and I can't remember a multitude of email addresses nor passwords nor nothing! :rolleyes::mad:
    Tell Chrome to save your last session.

http://www.howtogeek.com/120185/always-open-tabs-from-your-last-browsing-session-in-firefox-chrome-opera-safari-and-ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

TAd that I got a heat rash, it was sore and itchy so I put a cream on it. The itch has stopped and the original rash fading but now the cream has caused another bigger dry rash.....arrrrrggghhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Women who still think its is cute to come across as ditzy or unintelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd that there's no milk at work yet.
    Gasping for my morning coffee, and black coffee doesn't go down well with me.

My concentration levels are a bit of a TA at the moment.
    Keep on starting a task and then getting distracted by thin...

I went to my local supermarket this morning to what I've always thought was the "fresh" bread section and I noticed that some (actually all except three products) bread had "9 Aug" on it, while other bread had "10 Aug" on it so I asked the girl in the bakery was this a typo and she said that the first one was baked yesterday.

Is it too much to expect to be able to trust that under the big "Fresh Bread" sign these massively profitable supermarkets, who are charging us a premium for this "freshly baked bread", could have the integrity of not passing off yesterday's bread as today's "fresh bread". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Winterlong wrote: »
    getting distracted by thin...
    Wha?
    Is it too much to expect to be able to trust that under the big "Fresh Bread" sign these massively profitable supermarkets, who are charging us a premium for this "freshly baked bread", could have the integrity of not passing off yesterday's bread as today's "fresh bread". :mad:
    Integrity and giant corporations are generally mutually exclusive.

TA thinking about my in-laws coming to stay in just over a week for almost two months. Mother-in-law is lovely actually, the best in the whole family, unusually for mother-in-laws but thinking about not being able to have the house to myself for two months makes me uneasy. I need space sometimes. Actually a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Saw an advert for a Christmas panto today

Oh no i didn't!!
    Oh yes I did!

It was behind me!!! etc...

Shint0 wrote: »
    Wha?

Sorry, got distracted mid post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Winterlong wrote: »
    Sorry, got distracted mid post.