Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare worker help dole

Options
  • 21-04-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Not sure if in right thread. I am doing a 38 week contract in childcare and as not paid for Easter break signed on. I have not received any money from this and the social welfare have been no help, and extremely rude. I received back forms I sent in three weeks later. I have been waiting in total 5 weeks for this money it does not make sense.

Is anyone in the same situation?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

You'd be entitled to annual leave if you're working, could you not take that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The OP is on a 38 week contract. A/L entitlement may well be built into the hours at the end of the contract, and not something paid at the time.

OP welfare are slow. 5 weeks to process a claim is not slow for them, especially for something like a temporary standdown. If you're in dire straights, you can see the community welfare officer, who may give you an advance if they're convinced that you're eligible.

Advertisement