Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for supplier of extrawide (1400mm) internal door

Options
  • 21-04-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im struggling with part of a build I am doing at the moment. I am looking for a supplier of a door, standard heights but 1400 wide. Does anyone know where I might get one? It should be glass with an iroko frame around.

It's shown in the drawing below as a sliding door, but Im also ok if it is on a hinge instead of disappearing into the wall.

It is D0.06 in this drawing:

10pa6o0.jpg

It should also be self closing for fire regs.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Any god quality joinery will be able to make that up for you,

either in parts, or completely hinged and with fire closers fitted.

Sliding arrangement for such a wide door, might be the way to go.

Door that width with glass, will be heavy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

+1 with kadman, if u expect a single pane of glass the frame will want to be very rigid .
    Given the weight and the need for rigidity, I expect a bottom track taking the weight, so does that idea pass go with the design
    weight wise, lets say 1.400 by 1.800 by 0.010 by 2,600 = 65kg for glass alone

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

+1 with kadman, if u expect a single pane of glass the frame will want to be very rigid and glass may need to be toughened.
    Given the weight and the need for rigidity, I expect a bottom track taking the weight, so does that idea pass go with the design
    weight wise, lets say 1.400 by 1.800 by 0.010 by 2,600 = 65kg for glass alone

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement