Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If you disagree with a post great, respond to it. The posts where people are just saying the thread is gone to dirt and not actually contributing themselves is annoying.
    Posts where people are saying if a thing is funny or not are also annoying.
    I don't understand why people feel the need do either, especially commenting on something they don't think is funny. Laugh or don't laugh, we don't need to know if it suits your sense of humour.

Ok, but I find you're doing the exact same thing you're complaining about.

If you don't want to know what people find funny or not , why should others know if you find something annoying or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pretty surprising to see kolo leave, surely means another central defender coming in with skrtel likely off and sakho on the bold step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

toure.gif

klose wrote: »
    Pretty surprising to see kolo leave.........

:(

He was consistently very good in all of his performances for us this season, really impressive.

Perhaps at his age it was decided that he was getting too close to the point where the PL is too fast, too high a standard.

He'll be remembered fondly by most of the fanbase imo.

All going well he'll be replaced with an experienced player who has 2/3 years left at PL level as we do need to replace his experience as well his squad CB place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I am actually gutted to see Kolo Toure leave.

He proved himself to be a model pro and a solid defender for the vast majority of his time here. Our man of the match in the Europa League final, the only one on the pitch who looked comfortable on the occasion.

It's telling that a player half regarded as a joke by fans of other clubs is remembered so fondly by fans of the ones he played for. Proper cult hero.

Suppose it probably means we'll be signing another new CB as Tony Barrett said earlier in the week, or (god forbid) keeping Martin Skrtel.

Aside from the loss of a CB, it is a loss of one of few properly experienced members of the squad too, which isn't ideal. More than once in the last few seasons we have been shown to have a weak underbelly and to choke one big occasions - experience helps in that regard and Kolo and Milner are two of the few players in the squad who have that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A real pity, suppose the lack of EL/CL footie is what did for him in the end
    Kolo Toure's game by numbers vs Sevilla:

100% tackles won
    18 clearances
    5 aerial duels won
    5 blocks
    3 interceptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liverpool's target Zielinski has given his priority to find a deal with Liverpool, choosing them and refusing Napoli proposal

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/740976326341955584

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'd like to see us sign a player in the Toure mould. 30+, experienced and ideally free. Save the cash for a goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'd like to see us sign a player in the Toure mould. 30+, experienced and ideally free. Save the cash for a goalscorer.

I hear Kolo Toure is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't get the sadness for Toure, he has been the best of a bad bunch over the years and we need upgrading.

We have won nothing in years but a lot of posters don't seem to realise that it might be something to do with the players we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't get the sadness for Toure, he has been the best of a bad bunch over the years and we need upgrading.

We have won nothing in years but a lot of posters don't seem to realise that it might be something to do with the players we have.

It all depends on who's replacing him, IMO. If another callow youth with "potential" comes in, you could understand some folk pining for a bit of real experience and leadership. Especially at centre half.

14 PL games 1 loss
    Europe 7 games and 2 losses
    League Cup 4 games and 1 loss in normal time and extra time

So that's 25 games of which only 5 were as a sub and four losses.

Great man to have as 4th choice, would have been a great man to have on the coaching staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think that Zielinski lad wants to play for Liverpool more than Liverpool want to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ok, but I find you're doing the exact same thing you're complaining about.

If you don't want to know what people find funny or not , why should others know if you find something annoying or not?

I'm only looking for it to stop and for a bit more tolerance on the thread. It would be great if people just got along a bit better and less of the niggling and insulting posts.
    Most of us are guilty of it, myself included.
    Anyway, I'm done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Experience and leadership - two things our squad is lacking in droves.

We need an upgrade at CB but I'd be much happier to see a first team regular brought in at the expense of Martin Skrtel and keep Toure, for example.

If we end up with yet another 19/20 year old who we have to wait 5 years to see anything from, I'll be annoyed.

CklLbeCWkAU2Gdx.jpg
    Mirror Football
    Verified account
    @MirrorFootball · 48m
    48 minutes ago

Liverpool starlet Cameron Brannagan wanted by BOTH Real Madrid & Barcelona |@eaamalyon
    http://bit.ly/22XATgv

So which one of the Liverpool trusted ITK reporters works at the Mirror otherwise it's total crap unless it comes from one of them I keep reading here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm only looking for it to stop and for a bit more tolerance on the thread. It would be great if people just got along a bit better and less of the niggling and insulting posts.
    Most of us are guilty of it, myself included.
    Anyway, I'm done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

dogbert27 wrote: »

Can't see that in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Can't see that in work.

It's Homer walking in to a boxing match with the world champion and his theme tune is "Why can't we be friends"

Now that you've made me explain the joke it's not funny anymore.

I'm annoyed that you made me unfunny.

I need to make a complaint.

Who do I complain to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

dogbert27 wrote: »
    the joke it's not funny anymore.

Close enough.

Owayn is missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So which one of the Liverpool trusted ITK reporters works at the Mirror otherwise it's total crap unless it comes from one of them I keep reading here.

Maddock and even he's not the best.

I see Kolo Toure is available on a free I think he'd be a great signing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I see Kolo Toure is available on a free I think he'd be a great signing.

Who forgot to buy him cake?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

I cannot for the life of me understand the club not giving Kolo a new contract.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I cannot for the life of me understand the club not giving Kolo a new contract.

They want him as a coach and he wants to continue playing.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They want him as a coach and he wants to continue playing.

Surely he could be given a player coach deal. He is the only proven winner we had in our team, it doesn't make sense in my head at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Looks like De Gea did'nt keep a clean sheet after all........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

ebbsy wrote: »

Shocking stuff. United seem to be, unluckily, a magnet for this sort of thing. RVP, Van Nistlerooy, Jonny Evans, DDG

Pretty unfortunate luck.

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »

The moral gymnastics will be hilarious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

corwill wrote: »

I'm not normally too holier than thou, but I don't think anything about this case will be hilarious.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm not normally too holier than thou, but I don't think anything about this case will be hilarious.

Well, the claimed lack of practice is proving no impediment.

The full released list

McLaughlin,
    Polgár,
    Cleary,
    Brewitt,
    Touré,
    Enrique,
    O'Hanlon,
    Marsh
    Yeşil
    Teixeira likely to follow - a contract offer is still on table. Sergi Canos could also leave as things stand

Sinclair, Rossiter and Tricket-Smith also left

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Well, the claimed lack of practice is proving no impediment.

Not going to argue with that, but really a case about rape isnt a good place for a game of one-ups-manship is it?

I understand Kolo wanting to play for as long as he can I just hope he was offered the chance to come back as a coach someday if he wanted.

Whatever club he ends up as a player or a coach or a manager will be a lucky one.

Luis Suarez on Kolo Toure...

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/741213127392559104/photo/1

• Advertisement

Two Irish lads released.
    Released
    Brewitt, Tom
    Cleary, Daniel
    Marsh, William George
    McLaughlin, Ryan
    O'Hanlon, Alex Joseph
    Polgar, Kristof
    Sanchez Diaz, Jose Enrique
    Toure, Kolo Abib
    Yesil, Samed

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2016-17/jun/100616-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

mayordenis wrote: »
    Not going to argue with that, but really a case about rape isnt a good place for a game of one-ups-manship is it?

That's not what my post referred to. No need to be obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Yesil had such promise. Injuries screwed him.. Also surprised about O' Hanlon, thought he was meant to be handy enough

I am surprised to see Ryan McLaughlin on that list, I can see him joining Rossiter at Rangers.

Teixara offered a new contract, according to that link, I think. I hadn't expected that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

List of crimes by order of seriousness.

1) Racial misunderstanding
    2) Being wrongfully banned for PED use
    3) Arranging rape parties/stealing donuts from Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

I am surprised to see Ryan McLaughlin on that list, I can see him joining Rossiter at Rangers.

Injuries hit McLaughlin hard. His loan spell at Aberdeen didn't go too well, i'd say a move down the divisions will be on the cards provided he can prove his fitness.

Rossiter made the right choice, some of these young lads get stick for moving on but you need to be playing senior football with someone by the age of 19-20.

Liverpool have a host of promising players who hung on at the club until their early 20s without ever getting any senior football and some of them don't have a career with anybody now.

If it looks like you are not getting a look in by 19 at the latest these lads need to think about moving on.

McLaughlin had alot of potential but hes 20-21 now, with probably not even 10 games of senior football. Clubs need to be found for lads like this when it becomes apparent they have no future with Liverpool, rather than this policy we seem to have of filling positions in the under 21s with players who can do a job until a promising u-18 player can make the step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Teixara offered a new contract, according to that link, I think. I hadn't expected that.

I'd say its more likely that Rossiter, Sinclair and Teixeira have had their registration witheld until the end of June/Early july.

That way tribunal fees can be arranged. Although Rossiter is going to Rangers for 250k but the other 2 will attract fees even when their deals expire.

We did the same with Brad Smith.

I wasn't slating Rossiter for moving, he absolutely made the right choice and I expect to see him back in the premier league within 3 seasons.

price690 wrote: »
    I'd say its more likely that Rossiter, Sinclair and Teixeira have had their registration witheld until the end of June/Early july.

That way tribunal fees can be arranged. Although Rossiter is going to Rangers for 250k but the other 2 will attract fees even when their deals expire.

We did the same with Brad Smith.

Brad Smith had a rethink though, maybe Teixeira will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp wielding the big sword. In one way im impressed but im still sad to see Kolo leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was certain mclaughlin would be a star here but turns out he was a mix of sturridge, wilshere and diaby in terms of injuries. Shame about yesil too, apparently had big things ahead of him but two acl injuies have him done. Teixeria could do worse things than head back to brighton full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Kolo to celtic for couple seasons maybe

Kolo to celtic for couple seasons maybe

He is still to good for the Scottish league even at his age.

Monaco are interested by all accounts South of France would be hard to turn down.

He is still to good for the Scottish league even at his age.

Monaco are interested by all accounts South of France would be hard to turn down.

After his performances this year, I can't quite get my head around how a year-long deal on the same terms, or maybe with a pay-as-you-play element, as back-up CB couldn't have been done. Especially if their desire for him to coach was genuine.

Given the shift he's put in since Xmas, he'll have no problem getting a year, maybe two, in France or Italy, maybe Spain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement