Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sanchez Diaz, Jose Enrique

Enricky has more letters in his name than games played in the last 2 seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't get the sadness for Toure, he has been the best of a bad bunch over the years and we need upgrading.

We have won nothing in years but a lot of posters don't seem to realise that it might be something to do with the players we have.

Probably because he's the best 4th choice CB we've had in a very long time (as long as I can remember). To the point where he's skipped himself up the pecking order - but he was still very much brought in as 4th choice and it's exactly the role i'd have loved him to stay in, with a bit of a shift into coaching too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

ebbsy wrote: »
    Looks like De Gea did'nt keep a clean sheet after all........

Very sleazy stuff. They seem to attract a sort of player alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My dislike for Evra grows:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sakho on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Probably because he's the best 4th choice CB we've had in a very long time (as long as I can remember). To the point where he's skipped himself up the pecking order - but he was still very much brought in as 4th choice and it's exactly the role i'd have loved him to stay in, with a bit of a shift into coaching too.

I can't see Kolo getting into coaching in general tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The full released list

McLaughlin,
    Polgár,
    Cleary,
    Brewitt,
    Touré,
    Enrique,
    O'Hanlon,
    Marsh
    Yeşil
    Teixeira likely to follow - a contract offer is still on table. Sergi Canos could also leave as things stand

Sinclair, Rossiter and Tricket-Smith also left

Looks like Liverpool can't even get their release list right!
    Michael Beale (@michaelbeale) on twitter: "Misleading reports, I can confirm that @TomBrewitt5 is very much still a LFC player and will be with us for the new season as planned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

monkey9 wrote: »

I'd say club ambassador. Seems like that role would suit him...and more than likely it'll be for Arsenal. Probably one of the most happiest players I've ever seen play. Love the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He already said a while back that that's his plan;
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/kolo-toure-burning-desire-become-8809091
    “It is an ambition of mine to be a manager,” Toure told the ECHO.

“I am doing my UEFA B badge right now but it takes time. I am focused on my game because I want to stay playing football for a few years.

“As an African, we need to have more African coaches because we need to take that responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Danny Ward is starting today.

So that's three Liverpool players to stink the place out! :pac:

G'wan Danny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Ardent wrote: »
    Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg anyone?

He would be an exceptional signing and a huge improvement over the brainless left back we currently have. Sadly however, he is probably destined for a bigger club than us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rodriguez was linked with a massive money move to Real Madrid on and off since January - €30-35 million iir. That said, there were reports this week that Zidane had decided to recall Coentrao from Monaco instead of signing Rodriguez to spend the money elsewhere.

Whoever he joins, they've got themselves one of the best in the world in that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We should just raid wolfsburg. Some cracking players in that squad such as rodriquez and draxler

• Advertisement

Rodriguez was linked with a massive money move to Real Madrid on and off since January - €30-35 million iir. That said, there were reports this week that Zidane had decided to recall Coentrao from Monaco instead of signing Rodriguez to spend the money elsewhere.

Whoever he joins, they've got themselves one of the best in the world in that position.

Because Wolfsburg didn't make the CL his release fee is now about 20m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Because Wolfsburg didn't make the CL his release fee is now about 20m.

In that case, get working on the whip-round Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wee Joe can actually speak Welsh. Is there anything the Wizard can't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Now looks like Liverpool's third choice keeper will make more Euro 2016 finals appearances than our first. Incredible.

Wee Joe can actually speak Welsh. Is there anything the Wizard can't do.

Has he got a song at Anfield?

If not I think we should adopt the Welsh one.

Give me hope Joe Allen..

Give me hope Joe Allen..

Give me hope Joe Allen till the morning time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Now looks like Liverpool's third choice keeper will make more Euro 2016 finals appearances than our first. Incredible.

But he was not 3rd choice as the season ended

But he was not 3rd choice as the season ended

That's not the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Has he got a song at Anfield?

If not I think we should adopt the Welsh one.

Give me hope Joe Allen..

Give me hope Joe Allen..

Give me hope Joe Allen till the morning time.

I sing this to myself all the time but replace "Ros-anna" with "Joe-Allen"

Meet you all the way Joe Allen yeah....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's not the point.

You aren't comparing like with like though. Belgium have one of the top rated goalkeepers in the world keeping Mignolet out of their team, Wales had a first choice keeper who is injured, thus their reserve (and ours in the second half of the season) had played. How is one thing related to the other?

5starpool wrote: »
    You aren't comparing like with like though. Belgium have one of the top rated goalkeepers in the world keeping Mignolet out of their team, Wales had a first choice keeper who is injured, thus their reserve (and ours in the second half of the season) had played. How is one thing related to the other?

No big deal but not something I would have foreseen at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

He was on loan then came back as second choice, hope he has a good game here or atleast a steady one, each game has had a howler from a keeper so far. Last thing he needs is one.

klose wrote: »
    He was on loan then came back as second choice, hope he has a good game here or atleast a steady one, each game has had a howler from a keeper so far. Last thing he needs is one.

I doubt he'll be at Liverpool next season anyhow. Probably either out on loan again or sold I reckon unless Mignolet decides he wants to bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I doubt he'll be at Liverpool next season anyhow. Probably either out on loan again or sold I reckon unless Mignolet decides he wants to bail.

I'd say he'll be loaned out to a Championship team next year with Ming and Slow Lloris fighting for the starting spot.

Then the following year, depending on how everyone gets on move Ming on and bring Ward back as backup.

Any date in place for ticket sales yet? Presumably awaiting the leagues fixture list?

Looked like a nasty elbow there from Skrtel but I wouldn't say it was intentional, he's not that type of player.

• Advertisement

Looked like a nasty elbow there from Skrtel but I wouldn't say it was intentional, he's not that type of player.

Wales should have had a penalty through him though.

Awful defender. Can't wait for confirmation that he's been sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That Mignolet/Ward post was tongue in cheek, yeah?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Any date in place for ticket sales yet? Presumably awaiting the leagues fixture list?

I'd imagine so given that they will be in categories. Fixtures released on Wednesday. Sale will probably happen the week beginning July 5th.

I'm in 2 minds whether to bother trying for tickets next season. Didn't bother this season and didn't even renew my membership, so probably saved a couple of grand all told including everything assuming 5-7 games going over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd say he'll be loaned out to a Championship team next year with Ming and Slow Lloris fighting for the starting spot.

Then the following year, depending on how everyone gets on move Ming on and bring Ward back as backup.

483503778683760579_1430665064.jpg

thank you :D

Wales should have had a penalty through him though.

Awful defender. Can't wait for confirmation that he's been sold.

Yup it was a definite penalty and Slovakia can count themselves a wee bit fortunate not to be two goals down.

As for Skrtel, I actually still like the chap and would still keep him at the club, especially when you look at our options in that position.

Yup it was a definite penalty and Slovakia can count themselves a wee bit fortunate not to be two goals down.

As for Skrtel, I actually still like the chap and would still keep him at the club, especially when you look at our options in that position.

He's a liability and has been for years. He has cost us a lot of points in key games. Did you see him this season when he came on against Southampton?

As for our options, that's what this transfer window will be all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Joe Allen playing out of his skin. Would be sad to see him go

He's a liability and has been for years. He has cost us a lot of points in key games. Did you see him this season when he came on against Southampton?

As for our options, that's what this transfer window will be all about.

He's cost us points all right, as most defenders will over a season but that Southampton game you mention, I wouldn't blame skrtel for the three goals and from what I remember, the blame could easily fall with a number of players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lovren, sakho (assuming hes not getting banned), matip, gomez and lucas as cb options are fine for me.

Think it will be matip and sakho as first choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That Mignolet/Ward post was tongue in cheek, yeah?

Jaysis, who can tell anymore.

He's cost us points all right, as most defenders will over a season but that Southampton game you mention, I wouldn't blame skrtel for the three goals and from what I remember, the blame could easily fall with a number of players.

He was a nightmare in that game, gave away a penalty, that was missed and his mistakes led to two goals.

Combine that with his constant shirt pulling and poor decision making means that he will not be missed when gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Skrtel bizzarely body checked bale a mile from the ball and in slovakies box, his idiocy knows no bounds. Be glad to see the back of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any Skrtel defenders now? No?

He was a nightmare in that game, gave away a penalty, that was missed and his mistakes led to two goals.

Combine that with his constant shirt pulling and poor decision making means that he will not be missed when gone.

The penalty was harsh, two players were swinging out of each other and decision could've went either way.

He mistimed two headers but there was enough players around to deal with the aftermath. He was also put under pressure by Mignolet after what should've been a routine kickout.

I'd imagine so given that they will be in categories. Fixtures released on Wednesday. Sale will probably happen the week beginning July 5th.

I'm in 2 minds whether to bother trying for tickets next season. Didn't bother this season and didn't even renew my membership, so probably saved a couple of grand all told including everything assuming 5-7 games going over.

I hear ya. Need my fix though!

Should hopefully be easier to get tickets with the new stand in place.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I hear ya. Need my fix though!

Should hopefully be easier to get tickets with the new stand in place.

Doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't increasing the number of tickets in the sales.

My god how are we going to get rid of Skrtel when "teh" whole of Europe is watching him!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Plenty of nut jobs in Turkey

There will be plenty of takers if Klopp decides to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any Skrtel defenders now? No?

Been saying he's shyte for years, hopefully he's gone after the Euros but who would take him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement