Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The penalty was harsh, two players were swinging out of each other and decision could've went either way.

He mistimed two headers but there was enough players around to deal with the aftermath. He was also put under pressure by Mignolet after what should've been a routine kickout.

You're posting about Skrtel and you admit he mistimed two headers that led to goals. That's what you have to look at , when judging a player not what his teammates did after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I thought Joe Allen was brilliant, if there was a player that dictated the midfield it was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Skrtel causes chaos and indecision across the backline whenever he plays. The Southampton game summed that up. The first 45 minutes were relatively comfortable, winning 2-0 and confidence was high. The 2nd 45 was a different animal altogether. It was like the back 4 hadn't played with each other at all. No confidence and making mistakes, ones that weren't there in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

murpho999 wrote: »
    You're posting about Skrtel and you admit he mistimed two headers that led to goals. That's what you have to look at , when judging a player not what his teammates did after.

There was mistakes by players around him that lead to his mistimed headers.

5starpool wrote: »
    Doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't increasing the number of tickets in the sales.

Where would the extra tickets go to? New Season ticket holders maybe?

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out

Skrtel was brutal.

Hopefully he's not back here in August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any Skrtel defenders now? No?

His level has dropped badly in the last year or so but I respect the contributions he has made for Liverpool down the years. Still, he's had his day and should be moved on. That being said, I dont like to see our fans harangue him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Skrtel was brutal.

Hopefully he's not back here in August

He should have been sent off twice.

He should have been sold twice.

Fyp!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Where would the extra tickets go to? New Season ticket holders maybe?

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out

A few thousand to season ticket holders, a whole level (new middle tier) to hospitality packages and the likes, and there may be a few left over for the members sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whats the latest on Sakho, has there been a date annouced for his UEFA hearing?

Joe Allen MOTM - get over the Skrtel hate. He won't even be wearing a Liverpool shirt next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Glico Man wrote: »
    Skrtel causes chaos and indecision across the backline whenever he plays. The Southampton game summed that up. The first 45 minutes were relatively comfortable, winning 2-0 and confidence was high. The 2nd 45 was a different animal altogether. It was like the back 4 hadn't played with each other at all. No confidence and making mistakes, ones that weren't there in the first half.
    I don't mind a player causing chaos and indecision across the backline.

It's just a pity it's always OUR backline he causes it in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whats the latest on Sakho, has there been a date annouced for his UEFA hearing?

The hearing has already happened I believe, UEFA investigating further themselves though, no date for when results will be announced though I think.

Lallana playing well but needs to be more clinical in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Lallana playing well but needs to be more clinical in front of goal.

Standard Lallana performance, being honest.

Knex. wrote: »
    Standard Lallana performance, being honest.

A solid six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Klopp performing well in the ads anyway. Our best man at the euros so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lallana has been brilliant - his closing down and footwork is first class of course he hasn't scored so he gets stick!

• Advertisement

Lallana has been brilliant - his closing down and footwork is first class of course he hasn't scored so he gets stick!

Scoring more goals is definitely something he needs to improve on next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yup he's been the best player on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Trust Hodgson to bring him off at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hodgson, dreadful, terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Hodgson, dreadful, terrible.

He is what he looks like, a melted auld wan.

Lallana suits Klopps style but gets stick as he doesn't score enough.

Milner Coutinho and Firmino score their share of goals for AMs but they all get stick too, if Lallana scored more goals I'm sure he'd still get criticised.

• Advertisement

Lalanna doesn't get criticised nearly as much as he used to for the simple reason he's improved. It's not rocket science.

Lalanna doesn't get criticised nearly as much as he used to for the simple reason he's improved. It's not rocket science.

His "improvement" coincided with having decent striker(s) on the pitch, he didn't simply improve.

Some can't quite grasp that.

Augeo wrote: »
    His "improvement" coincided with having decent striker(s) on the pitch, he didn't simply improve.

Some can't quite grasp that.

He stopped spinning in circles every single time he got the ball. Became more direct but for a fella that gets into great positions a lot,his finishing is still brutal. For a professional footballer he has a terribly weak shot. Not much that can be done about that at this stage I suppose. I'm glad we have him.

He stopped spinning in circles every single time he got the ball. Became more direct but for a fella that gets into great positions a lot,his finishing is still brutal. For a professional footballer he has a terribly weak shot. Not much that can be done about that at this stage I suppose. I'm glad we have him.

Good analysis, eloquently summing up that which is obvious to posters here with the first ****ing clue about football. Not for everybody, regrettably.

corwill wrote: »
    Good analysis, eloquently summing up that which is obvious to posters here with the first ****ing clue about football. Not for everybody, regrettably.

Yes and I'm getting bit tired of saying it. That's about the third time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You need to get Sturridge to explain it.

Turtyturd wrote: »

He'd make it clear as... well... you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »

He'd probably pick up an injury explaining it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

How did Danny Ward get on yesterday?

tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400.gif

corwill wrote: »
    He'd make it clear as... well... you know...

Weetabix??

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    How did Danny Ward get on yesterday?

He didn't have an awful lot to do but what he did he did well I thought.

Nothing he could do about the goal really.

Great experience for him.

I thought Wales were great...England should be very worried.

Saying what now?

They'll probably sell him for £50m in 2 years.

• Advertisement

Shame to see him go, but if Klopp wasn't going to play him then what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/741945731708289024

Confirmed £9.5 million bid for Zielinski. Nice to have something solid to post about rather than speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

They'll probably sell him for £50m in 2 years.

Aye, to us.

mosstin wrote: »
    Aye, to us.

I'm laughing but inside I'm crying :D

Confirmed £9.5 million bid for Zielinski. Nice to have something solid to post about rather than speculation.

If Zielinski joins it makes me think Coutinho might be leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Confirmed 9.5 million bid for Zielinski. Nice to have something solid to post about rather than speculation.

They want 12 million. Just give them the extra 3 million and get it done ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Zielinski joins it makes me think Coutinho might be leaving.

Why? Zielinski is a No 8, Gotze is the only player linked that could suggest Coutinho will leave.

Why? Zielinski is a No 8, Gotze is the only player linked that could suggest Coutinho will leave.

Yeah I've just been doing a bit of reading about him. Seems he started as a No. 10 type but is more of a box to box midfielder now. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only way I'd see Coutinho gone is if PSG give us Pastore in return. I really don't see him leaving this year though, and even if he wanted to we don't need to sell him. He doesn't strike me as the type that'd throw a tantrum if he was told he was staying.

Zielinsky will probably sign regardless, and I see him competing more with the likes of Milner and Can than Coutinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only way I'd see Coutinho gone is if PSG give us Pastore in return. I real,y don't see him leaving this year though, and even if he wanted to we don't need to sell him. He doesn't strike me as the type that'd throw a tantrum if he was told he was staying.

I'd much prefer Lucas Moura from that PSG team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement