Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Some off-topic bickering posts have been deleted. Lads if you cannot interact civilly and without a passive aggressive tone, you will be carded/banned. It is not much to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah I've just been doing a bit of reading about him. Seems he started as a No. 10 type but is more of a box to box midfielder now. My bad.

I'll see you in my office at 4.30. Bring all your homework for this week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

dfx- wrote: »
    Some off-topic bickering posts have been deleted. Lads if you cannot interact civilly and without a passive aggressive tone, you will be carded/banned. It is not much to ask.

My fault. Sorry.

martyos121 wrote: »

Zielinsky will probably sign regardless, and I see him competing more with the likes of Milner and Can than Coutinho.

Lucas surely be leaving so.

Does this end interest in Mahmoud Dahoud I hope not cos he has a brilliant name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd much prefer Lucas Moura from that PSG team.

Yeah we could do with a good winger, but he hasn't progressed at all in the past couple of seasons, worrying for a young player. I only mentioned wanting Pastore because he's quite similar to Coutinho in many ways, and a better player IMO.
    Augeo wrote: »
    Lucas surely be leaving so.

I'd love to keep him just to have another option at centre half, reckon we'll be signing midfielders anyway and Lucas looked great everytime he played in the back four last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

De Laurentis says they have done everything possible to try to get Zielinski but he has resisted and prefers Liverpool. He also said "Maybe he has never been to naples before or just loves the beatles" :pac::pac:

Should be able to get a proper look at him anyway later on against NI

I'd love to keep him just to have another option at centre half, reckon we'll be signing midfielders anyway and Lucas looked great everytime he played in the back four last season.

Even with Gomez back from injury and Matip coming in we are not overly well stocked there with Lovren & Sakho since Toure leaving was confirmed.

Can't see Lucas staying to be a bit part option at CB though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Even with Gomez back from injury and Matip coming in we are not overly well stocked there with Lovren & Sakho since Toure leaving was confirmed.

Can't see Lucas staying to be a bit part option at CB though.

I wouldn't agree with that, I think we have great options at centre half now, yeah we're missing that one top defender that some clubs build a defence around (Kompany, Pique, Silva etc.) but Sakho and Lovren together were tremendous at times last season, and adding Matip to the side only improves it. Never thought I'd say this but Lovren is the one guaranteed starter at CB for me, Sakho and Matip can compete for the other place but Lovren has been solid as a rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Sakho doesn't get banned I could see Him and Lovren continuing as the CB partnership with Matip being used as the holding midfield player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I wouldn't agree with that, I think we have great options at centre half now, yeah we're missing that one top defender that some clubs build a defence around (Kompany, Pique, Silva etc.) but Sakho and Lovren together were tremendous at times last season, and adding Matip to the side only improves it. Never thought I'd say this but Lovren is the one guaranteed starter at CB for me, Sakho and Matip can compete for the other place but Lovren has been solid as a rock.

That "one top defender" is increasingly an endangered species, fewer and fewer sides seem to have them anymore, looking around Europe.

An injury or two......

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Aye, to us.

He could be our Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some goal from the Croatian joe Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

klose wrote: »
    Some goal from the Croatian joe Allen

They all wanna be like Joe.

13432443_672884409552767_1827163815125479822_n.jpg?oh=d00d71113c8993486000fb0167472a19&oe=57D1D948

13435579_672884496219425_7290273766847424546_n.jpg?oh=a84aa32f6be49c8e297780ece64f7827&oe=57D3A9F9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

monkey9 wrote: »
    They all wanna be like Joe.

13432443_672884409552767_1827163815125479822_n.jpg?oh=d00d71113c8993486000fb0167472a19&oe=57D1D948

13435579_672884496219425_7290273766847424546_n.jpg?oh=a84aa32f6be49c8e297780ece64f7827&oe=57D3A9F9

Joe looks like Dopey from Snow White :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Disappointing to see zielinski can't make the Polish starting 11. Didn't even come on. Was looking forward to seeing what he was about

joe123 wrote: »
    Disappointing to see zielinski can't make the Polish starting 11....

Just turned 22, I'd be thinking though he won't be pushing Can or Milner out of the first 11 next season.

Has scored 5 times for Poland in 15 appearances though which is decent regardless of opposition at international level.

Wouldn't be shedding any tears if we don't sign him.

Just turned 22, I'd be thinking though he won't be pushing Can or Milner out of the first 11 next season.

Has scored 5 times for Poland in 15 appearances though which is decent regardless of opposition at international level.

Wouldn't be shedding any tears if we don't sign him.

Don't know much about him at all to be honest. I thought he was more of a coutinho/firmino/lallana type of midfielder. Wouldn't be sitting as deep as Can anyways?

At 22 you would think he'd be good enough to start for Poland if Liverpool were trying hard to sign him though? Again I could be doing him a diservice, never seen him play outside of the obligatory YouTube videos.

God the ignorance is shining through. Am I the only one here who actually bothers to post from a position of faux knowledge? :pac:

He's a no 8 box to box player, not a Lallana, Coutinho. Allen/Modric crossover type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Surprised we're buying Zielinski, do we really need another goalkeeper? We must be selling Mignolet i assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

joe123 wrote: »
    Disappointing to see zielinski can't make the Polish starting 11. Didn't even come on. Was looking forward to seeing what he was about
    They didn't need to change the midfield - Krychowiak and Maczynski looked very comfortable. When it came to seeing out the game, the manager went with experience rather than youth.

If Sakho doesn't get banned I could see Him and Lovren continuing as the CB partnership with Matip being used as the holding midfield player.

I don't think Lovern is good enough and wouldn't want him as backup either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

God the ignorance is shining through. Am I the only one here who actually bothers to post from a position of faux knowledge? :pac:

He's a no 8 box to box player, not a Lallana, Coutinho. Allen/Modric crossover type

Point stands that if he's not starting for Poland, shouldn't be looked at as a potential first XI for Liverpool.

Nevertheless, have to have faith in Klopp and buvac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Point stands that if he's not starting for Poland, shouldn't be looked at as a potential first XI for Liverpool.

Nevertheless, have to have faith in Klopp and buvac.

So following your logic we should sell Milner and Sturridge?

murpho999 wrote: »
    So following your logic we should sell Milner and Sturridge?

England should have better optipns than Poland no? That said, I did question why neither of the aforementioned (and Clyne) didnt start for England.

Kane was sh1t. Either of or both Vardy and Sturridge should have started. I wonder is Hodgson biased against Liverpool now(?) as the fans sounded him out as a fućking turd.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's no wonder Kane was ****. He should've been on the end of corners not taking them

I'd much rather we showed some ambition and tried to sign Krychowiak, brilliant player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Kane was sh1t. Either of or both Vardy and Sturridge should have started. I wonder is Hodgson biased against Liverpool now(?) as the fans sounded him out as a fućking turd.

If sturridge played i reckon England would of won well against Russia, i'd even fancy them to go close to winning it - providing Sturridger stays fit

• Advertisement

Firmino wasn't even picked to be in the squad for the worst Brazilian side ever I think we need to get rid of him as well ;)

Not being picked by Dunga is probably a good thing being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If sturridge played i reckon England would of won well against Russia, i'd even fancy them to go close to winning it - providing Sturridger stays fit

England haven't a hope with clueless Roy in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

murpho999 wrote: »
    England haven't a hope with clueless Roy in charge.

Really don't know why he is so highly regarded by the FA. He was dire as Blackburn manager, achieved little with a decent Swiss side and signed Paul Konchesky (couldn't remember his name and googled "worst Liverpool left back")

Hard to work out when someones joking or being serious on here at times. Im going to assume you are joking! :D

On Zielinski, as I said Ive never seen him play and Im not the type to say I know everything about a player just because Ive watched youtube videos of him :D Always thought he was an attacking midfielder rather than a box to box type.

Not making the Poland team or coming on as a sub isnt going to define a player. Was looking forward to seeing him play though. The Seville center mid (not even going to attempt to spell his name) would be a great signing but would cost big money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Really don't know why he is so highly regarded by the FA. He was dire as Blackburn manager, achieved little with a decent Swiss side and signed Paul Konchesky (couldn't remember his name and googled "worst Liverpool left back")

This is an excellent article on R*y - http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/hodgsons-exit-excuses-a-vital-part-of-failing-upwards-34792878.html

Cash and Ibe for Mane seems to be doing the rounds this morning.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

I'd have thought it obvious - he is a company man. Compliant, steady, won't demand anything dramatic from the FA, isn't going to try and reinvent anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I must be in the minority,i thought england were v good in the last maych,best ive seen them in some time,only finishing let them down..

Made a change from them playing well within themselves as im used too.

Not sure whos to blame for it though

The Kraken has retired!

He was a mixed bag (that OG against Chelsea will always be with us!) but he had a hell of left peg on occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hopefully he is totally biased against Liverpool, we might have a chance of players coming back not broken!
    Cash and Ibe for Mane seems to be doing the rounds this morning.
    Hope we put in a buyback clause for Cash, seems to be highly rated.:p

"Heres 5 million cash Southampton and we will buy that 5 million back for 20 million in 2 years".

Seeing our transfer business the last few years, this wouldnt suprise me :pac:......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJmizuhara/status/742236602450116608 - head of EA takes the p1ss out of Mourinho - ladies and gentlemen, LFC fan and EA head honcho Peter Moore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DJmizuhara/status/742236602450116608 - head of EA takes the p1ss out of Mourinho - ladies and gentlemen, LFC fan and EA head honcho Peter Moore...

What does it say, if you don't mind. Can't see the Twitter links in work!

We really should have had one of these with Southampton.

company_loyalty_business_card_punch_card-r10c82d7e319a4b23ad141c9f2089e4cf_xwjey_8byvr_324.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Firmino wasn't even picked to be in the squad for the worst Brazilian side ever I think we need to get rid of him as well ;)

Not being picked by Dunga is probably a good thing being honest.

Isint the copa america this year a bit of a joke one? Bobby will off with the olympic squad which is worse for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We really should have had one of these with Southampton.

company_loyalty_business_card_punch_card-r10c82d7e319a4b23ad141c9f2089e4cf_xwjey_8byvr_324.jpg

Can imagine Ayre fumbling around looking for it in the wallet.

Quigleys nope, butlers not it, cosy cafe ah a free latte, coffee black Jesus where is it? Ah ha! No wait that the loan deals with Serie A clubs loyalty card and fcuking Milan never stamped it.

What does it say, if you don't mind. Can't see the Twitter links in work!

He is showing off how managers are now a thing in the next Fifa and his favourite was Jurgen, and he "Can't wait to bring them to Anfield to show them where real football is to be played..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Thanks mate

Thanks mate

Watch it when you get home though, Mourinho is standing beside him... :D

Teixeira is now a Porto player, he'll be 20m player in a year! Youth player Tom Brewitt has a new contract.

£20m is the new £5m now with all the tv money.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement