Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

We really should have had one of these with Southampton.

company_loyalty_business_card_punch_card-r10c82d7e319a4b23ad141c9f2089e4cf_xwjey_8byvr_324.jpg

You already have a Shane Long in your basket.
    Would you like to proceed with this purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mosstin wrote: »

Shane Long recommended for you because you purchased Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Not available for delivery to Liverpool" Phew! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

These links to walcot would want to be bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mosstin wrote: »

Yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

These links to walcot would want to be bull

They're as predictable as the tides at this stage. Every single window, some paper links us to Walcott because he's a Liverpool fan and is not an automatic starter for Arsenal.

Any rumours I have seen this time out are in the Express and the Metro - famously unreliable sources of information so I wouldn't worry.

Tbf, you could see Rodgers signing him (UK-based coach, leaned toward Premier League players) but it would be a bit odd for Klopp, unless he really rates him. Even with his lack of game time, he has a long contract at Arsenal and would have the added English tax so would surely cost us quite a bit more than comparable players in the same position.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whatever about anything else, his injury record would immediately rule him out as a replacement or partner for Sturridge. Then there is everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Origi getting into great positions the short while he's been on, unlucky not to score perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Divock didn't cover himself in glory tonight. Got into some great positions but he looked so rusty. Which tbf is to be expected.

Belgium might be the worst coached team in the competition tho.

corwill wrote: »

Someone on the Liverpool reddit dreamt that one up last week. A handy cut out and keep guide!

Origi unluckly really, he comes on far too late and tries to force the issue a bit. Of course Wilmots will not start him so he needs to think more calmly as a sub.

I honestly believe - based on tonight -we could beat both Italy and Belgium.

..... against an Italian defence and a goal down I'd have thought Belgium would have gone proper two up front for last 10 mins or so. Lukaku & Origi for 10 mins might have given them something to think about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »

Belgium - I'd be very disappointed if we didn't based on tonight.
    Italy - would gladly take a draw right now, unless we lose to Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

martyos121 wrote: »
    Belgium - I'd be very disappointed if we didn't based on tonight.
    Italy - would gladly take a draw right now, unless we lose to Belgium.

Well unfortunately the game isn't based only on tonight...

the overrating of the Irish team going on on this forum is mystifying. I hope to be wrong tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Someone on the Liverpool reddit dreamt that one up last week. A handy cut out and keep guide!

Origi unluckly really, he comes on far too late and tries to force the issue a bit. Of course Wilmots will not start him so he needs to think more calmly as a sub.
    Thought he was decent, very involved

Pyjamarama wrote: »

the overrating of the Irish team going on on this forum is mystifying. I hope to be wrong tho.

I'm not overrating our team at all though? :confused:

Belgium looked absolutely awful tonight and Italy aren't world beaters by any means these days. Belgium barely turned up at the World Cup two years ago and were blessed to get to the quarter finals when you looks at how they played in the group stages. More of the same tonight, and they have a tougher group this time around than in the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pyjamarama wrote: »

It's laughable the notion we would beat Italy never mind belgium. Sweden were awful didn't manage a shot on target and we still couldn't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

sadio mane still being linked with a move to lfc

rob316 wrote: »
    It's laughable the notion we would beat Italy never mind belgium. Sweden were awful didn't manage a shot on target and we still couldn't win.

With PP Ireland are 16/5 to beat Italy & 4/1 to beat Belgium.

Presuming a 10% ish margin that's a 1 in 4.6 & 1 in 5.5 chance (ish) :D

Thinking back to my school years the likelihood of Ireland beating either Italy or Belgium is 1 in 2.5 or 5/2 in PP speak, roughly what they were to get a draw today :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Probably end up 2 draws if we're lucky, same as it always was! Might be enough to get through.

Who does Joyce write for, Telegraph?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

ricero wrote: »

Nathan Redmond is being lined up by Southampton apparently.
    K-9 wrote: »
    Probably end up 2 draws if we're lucky, same as it always was! Might be enough to get through.

Who does Joyce write for, Telegraph?

The Express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ricero wrote: »

Some talk that Liverpool are going to bid 25M + Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least we are looking to buy before selling.

Arsenal and Liverpool have identical bids rejected by club for prolific striker

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/679515/Sporting-Lisbon-Reject-20m-Arsenal-Liverpool-Transfer-Bid-Offer-Islam-Slimani-Gossip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Met Ian Rush in Bordeaux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Apart from football manager when was the last time a player was actually part exchanged in a transfer?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Apart from football manager when was the last time a player was actually part exchanged in a transfer?

Nunez.

Hold me, I feel cold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Kacinicklic and Dalla Valla went to Fulham as part of the Konchesky deal too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Colemania wrote: »
    Kacinicklic and Dalla Valla went to Fulham as part of the Konchesky deal too....

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Colemania wrote: »

Konchesky.. he's the worst left back in history... no manager would ever sign him for LFC *

*The period from July 1st 2010 - January 8th 2011 is one I don't remember and therefore never happened

• Advertisement

Met Ian Rush in Bordeaux

Did you try and sign him? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some talk that Liverpool are going to bid 25M + Ibe.

Given that apparently Ibe is one of the 100 most valuable players in Europe we should be looknig at Mane + 20m for him as our starting position in any negotiations.

5starpool wrote: »
    Given that apparently Ibe is one of the 100 most valuable players in Europe we should be looknig at Mane + 20m for him as our starting position in any negotiations.

The word on the street is that Saints are keen to sign a winger who runs into fullbacks the way I run into kebab shops at 3am, so, yeah, that'll totally get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did you try and sign him? :)

Or at least ask him did he think it was like being in a foreign country?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Or at least ask him did he think it was like being in a foreign country?

In fairness to Rushie, I'm pretty sure that was Kenny putting words in his mouth.

I bet it wasn't Rush at all it was Aldo.

Never saw the two of them on the pitch at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

People are losing the run of themselves. Both Belgium and Italy are far superior to us. We couldn't beat a very weak Swedish side I don't know where people are getting the confidence from tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Superhorse wrote: »
    People are losing the run of themselves. Both Belgium and Italy are far superior to us. We couldn't beat a very weak Swedish side I don't know where people are getting the confidence from tbh.

If belgium play like they did last night then we could get the win on them. Italy is a tricky one, I'd say a draw for us would be a great scenario.

• Advertisement

I see us getting 3 draws and being one of the 3rd place teams that doesn't qualify for the next round.

I see us getting 3 draws and being one of the 3rd place teams that doesn't qualify for the next round.

Three draws would almost certainly take us through. Look at it like this: there's more than likely going to be at least one 3rd place team with only two points in their group. They're out. Any third place teams with 3 points by winning once and losing twice will almost certainly have a negative goal difference. 3 draws would give us a neutral goal difference.

Basically, if we draw our remaining two games, we're almost certain to go through. :)

Superhorse wrote: »

I dont see why Italy are superior. The team they played against Belgium had an experienced defence but Eder and Pelle up front? Pelle is behind Long at Southampton now. Giaccherini and Parolo in midfield? We can easily match them. Darmian in LWB is not great and Candreva in RWB can't defend (though he is a threat). I love De Rossi but he has no pace anymore. Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonnuci are great defenders but again, old and no pace. Long could cause them real trouble.

We have at least a 50-50 chance of beating them and certainly shouldnt fear them. I like a lot of their players and am a fan of Italian football but this is a team in decline.

Belgium are a basket case and an enigma. There's no way to know which Belgium will turn up but with their coaching (Hazard as captain :pac: ) we have a chance there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ill be interested to see how joao teixeira gets on at porto, robbed of a few years through injury but think hes an extremely talented player. Hope it goes well for him there.

Nemeth is playing pretty well gor Hungary against Austria atm. Pretty sure he was on Liverpools books at one point.

Yep the same one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Former lfc forever a sub goalkeeper petr gulacsi is also on the bench for them

See? the academy is full of world class product! :D

He's just been booked. Glad we got rid of him, can't have players at our club with that kind of temperment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nemeth is playing pretty well gor Hungary against Austria atm. Pretty sure he was on Liverpools books at one point.

Yeah, for a while he was really looking like the next Torres in terms of style, but injuries killed his development with us.

In their hayday underage, the partnership between himself and Pacheco was unreal though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's just been booked. Glad we got rid of him, can't have players at our club with that kind of temperment.

and subbed off! Clearly over-rated by plenty here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement