Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Umaro wrote: »
    Got that Burnley fixture wrong in my original post :o

Potentially it could still change:

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/742991198307135488
    That would be difficult to carry out as Liverpool and Everton alternate weekends at home so it would need 3 other teams to agree to the change.

Think it probably be a lot easier to postpone the fixture and play it midweek later in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can see Jose complaining about the the sub standard changing facilities at Anfield for the United visit in October :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Can see Jose complaining about the the sub standard changing facilities at Anfield for the United visit in October :p

With a bit of luck he will.. Gone are the days of away changing rooms being cr@p. All these fancy stadiums and players expecting high end facilities in away grounds!! Tis crazy!
    Which stadium was it that had the L shaped dresser for away teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-premier-league-fixtures-201617-11475539

James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo said the club have written to request the Burnley fixture be changed and that the PL is 'unlikely' to reject the request. It'll just mean we start with three away games and that the return fixture on March 11th will be switched to Anfield.

He said if Burnley reject the request, Anfield will be ready to host anyway, so not sure why they need to make the request in the first place...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-premier-league-fixtures-201617-11475539

James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo said the club have written to request the Burnley fixture be changed and that the PL is 'unlikely' to reject the request. It'll just mean we start with three away games and that the return fixture on March 11th will be switched to Anfield.

He said if Burnley reject the request, Anfield will be ready to host anyway, so not sure why they need to make the request in the first place...?

Just to make sure there is no delays with the stadium etc.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    ........we got to use Sturridges (His favourite LFC player at the moment) private corporate box and all. .............

The "jokes" are going to be unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Just to make sure there is no delays with the stadium etc.

Yep, and there's a big difference between being ready and doing enough to host 1 game.

Also do all players have their own box or are you awarded one when you spend a certain amount of hours in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Also do all players have their own box or are you awarded one when you spend a certain amount of hours in it?

Shots fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yep, and there's a big difference between being ready and doing enough to host 1 game.

Think you automatically get one when you accumulate 100 injury credits. Play 15 games in a row and you give it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is boards glitching for anyone else?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm seeing posts/topics updated but not actually doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Looks like he's gonski

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/martin-skrtel-agent-confirms-offers-11474791

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is considering offers from Turkey, Germany and China.

The long-serving Slovakian centre-back, who has made 320 appearances for the Reds over the past eight years, is set to leave Anfield this summer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The corporate boxes that some of the players own are from their charities etc. Flannagan has one too.

Its amazing how much work they are getting done in a day there tbh, we were in on a monday morning. The mid section of the stand had no seats in as they had finished the reinforcement of the stand. 3 hours later all the seats were back in place which to me was pretty dam quick. They actually went through all the timelines for the build and even mentioned about it not been ready for the first 2 games of the season etc, I might have taken pics of the timelines and all so I'll dig them out it might explain things a little better.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Think you automatically get one when you accumulate 100 injury credits. Play 15 games in a row and you give it up.

Got it through Squatters rights.

Got it through Squatters rights.

Ironic that actually physically squatting would probably see his knees implode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    Shots fired

The kids love it, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

NukaCola wrote: »
    Shots fired

Glass broken :pac:

GBX wrote: »
    With a bit of luck he will.. Gone are the days of away changing rooms being cr@p. All these fancy stadiums and players expecting high end facilities in away grounds!! Tis crazy!
    Which stadium was it that had the L shaped dresser for away teams?

Jaysis an L shaped dressing room for away teams is pretty genius. I remember doing a tour of Boca Juniors home ground La Bombonera and both the dressing rooms were located directly under the main home terrace. On match days fans would pack the terrace out an hour before kick off and constantly jump up and down knowing full well they were vibrating the fcuk out of the dressing rooms below them. Fine for Boca playing at home but for the away team it must feel like some sort of psychological warfare for a full hour before kick off. Gotta love Argentinian passion, win at all costs :D

I have actually seen it said that the fixtures are a conspiracy to get Liverpool relegated....Jesus,we've got some awful muppets as fans.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis an L shaped dressing room for away teams is pretty genius. I remember doing a tour of Boca Juniors home ground La Bombonera and both the dressing rooms were located directly under the main home terrace. On match days fans would pack the terrace out an hour before kick off and constantly jump up and down knowing full well they were vibrating the fcuk out of the dressing rooms below them. Fine for Boca playing at home but for the away team it must feel like some sort of psychological warfare for a full hour before kick off. Gotta love Argentinian passion, win at all costs :D

Middlesborough!
    https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/revealed-the-9-dirty-dressing-room-tricks-sides-use-to-put-off-the-opposition/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest I'm quite happy with that fixture list. Especially with our new keeper and first choice CB pairing all getting a full preseason. It's also legitimate grounds to start Karius ahead of Mig, as he'll have worked at Melwood for much more of the summer.

As for the other guys and their Euro/Copa hangovers, every good team is in the same boat. The first few weeks of a season are a great equalizer, with everything being a bit chaotic as to whether things click right off the bat, so it's one of the better times to play those potentially better than us imo.

Otherwise, the run in is great, and at christmas 2 of our 3 games are at home, the away one being Sunderland. Grand with that.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be honest I'm quite happy with that fixture list. Especially with our new keeper and first choice CB pairing all getting a full preseason. It's also legitimate grounds to start Karius ahead of Mig, as he'll have worked at Melwood for much more of the summer.

As for the other guys and their Euro/Copa hangovers, every good team is in the same boat. The first few weeks of a season are a great equalizer, with everything being a bit chaotic as to whether things click right off the bat, so it's one of the better times to play those potentially better than us imo.

Otherwise, the run in is great, and at christmas 2 of our 3 games are at home, the away one being Sunderland. Grand with that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Karius going to the Olympics?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Karius going to the Olympics?

balls.

I want our next signing unveiling to go like this - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/15/st-pauli-manager-misses-unveiling-signing-man-in-mask-ewald-lienen

Young fella's thinking "maybe Dortmund reserves wasn't sooo bad...".

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    balls.

I don't care if Karius spends pre-season tearing the lad off himself in the shrubs in Stanley Park, I'd still start him ahead of the Belgian Blunderbuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-takeover-state-backed-chinese-group-want-to-buy-club-from-fenway-for-700m-a7083836.html

Liverpool takeover: State-backed Chinese group want to buy club from Fenway for £700m

It is believed that Fenway, who are led by John W. Henry, are reluctant to sell Liverpool at this moment and have been unreceptive to the approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not buying it for a second, haven't they noticed the new stand?

ClAxtT_WIAAd5fj.jpg

Why would they want to build a new stadium AND redevelop Anfield? Strange.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just to piss off Everton obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully this starts a bidding war with the rumored arabs who are also interested

5starpool wrote: »
    Just to piss off Everton obviously.

:)

Expensive prank.

The Chinese...a great bunch of lads.

Give Sturridge a private stadium?

ricero wrote: »
    Hopefully this starts a bidding war with the rumored arabs who are also interested

Arabs are real.

Gotta say i hope they sell up soon. By no means are fsg bad owners but i think their model is very flawed

Give Sturridge a private stadium?

Well he does wander around like he owns the place...

• Advertisement

Gotta say i hope they sell up soon. By no means are fsg bad owners but i think their model is very flawed

I hope the exact opposite to be honest. I much prefer having owners that allow the club stand on its own two feet as a well run business. They've taken it from the brink of collapse and made a successful autonomous entity that doesn't need sugar-daddy's to keep it afloat and I very much want it to stay that way.

No way would I want to see our club sold. Most people don't seem to realise how good we have it with FSG, they brought financial stability back to the club and got us a world class manager. I'd much rather win trophies with our current strategy than have it handed to us by Arab billionaires, far more satisfying.

I think we are doing ok under FSG. Obviously results have to improve but new stadium and the club are bringing in plenty of revenue.

FSG are businessmen and I expect them to sell at some stage but I'd like to wait a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I know where you're coming from and would love to win things "the right way" but football is changing in a huge way and FSG's business plan could see us fall far behind in terms of attractiveness to players (especially if Britain leaves the EU)

I'm not saying I believe the story though and I am a fan of everything FSG have down for the club. Plus Linda seems to be a real fan, which is nice

EDIT: the boards app is ****, this was an edited post quoting Martyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Southampton have put in a bid for Nathan Redmond, does that mean Mane is on the way out?

• Advertisement

Credit is due to fsg for clearing the debt and redeveloping the stadium. But we have been mediocre on the pitch besides one nearly season under their leadership. Also the transfer commitee has been a farce. Hopefully they at least sell a stake of the club and the new investment can provide us with funds to sign top players

Credit is due to fsg for clearing the debt and redeveloping the stadium. But we have been mediocre on the pitch besides one nearly season under their leadership. Also the transfer commitee has been a farce. Hopefully they at least sell a stake of the club and the new investment can provide us with funds to sign top players

The problem is that top players don't want to come. It's a harsh truth but it's time we accept it. If we can't even get Götze to sign for us, a bottom tier "world class" player, then there's not much hope of anyone bigger signing.

Besides, Klopp has an impeccable track record of taking raw talent and potential and making stars out of it. He's one manager that can certainly get by without spending £40m on some trendy Spaniard with more vowels in his name than he has league winner medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Southampton have put in a bid for Nathan Redmond, does that mean Mane is on the way out?

Mane was a Koeman signing if I'm not mistaken so I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Koeman out of Southampton this summer. I've already stated I would love to sign him but I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up at Everton with Koeman. Imo Mane would have had a better choice of clubs to sign for last summer than this which could be to our advantage if we were interested.

Well yeah, the only legitimate title challenge I've experienced as a Liverpool fan. The title was in our hands with 3 games to go, but yeah no big deal I guess. :rolleyes:

I'd happily take Chinese owners if they buy the Bayern back 5 and the Barca front 3 just prove they are serious.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The problem is that top players don't want to come. It's a harsh truth but it's time we accept it. If we can't even get Götze to sign for us, a bottom tier "world class" player, then there's not much hope of anyone bigger signing.

Besides, Klopp has an impeccable track record of taking raw talent and potential and making stars out of it. He's one manager that can certainly get by without spending £40m on some trendy Spaniard with more vowels in his name than he has league winner medals.

Well top players don't wanna come currently with the money and ambition we offer, however if we got Billionaire owners the top players would start to come to us in their droves. Man City and Chelsea are testament to that.

P.s. now there are tiers within the "world class" category?? Jeez I can't keep up. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sugar daddy owners can **** off. And frankly would we want to be associated with the kind of government that is controlled freakery, occupying Tibet, will happily move thousands of people with bulldozers for the sake of a bad dam project or a massive radio telescope?

mormank wrote: »
    Well yeah, the only legitimate title challenge I've experienced as a Liverpool fan. The title was in our hands with 3 games to go, but yeah no big deal I guess. :rolleyes:

Thanks for making me feel really old :o

Also...there's a Boards app?? Has there always been one or is this new?

Nah it just means every bloody club has close to £100m+ to spent this summer if they want and they all feel like the big boys for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

mormank wrote: »
    Mane was a Koeman signing if I'm not mistaken so I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Koeman out of Southampton this summer.

Mane hates koeman apparently, and was only pushing for a move as he was still manager at Southampton, accordimg to some massive conspitacy theory i read on a southampton blog

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement