Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mormank wrote: »
    Mane was a Koeman signing if I'm not mistaken so I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Koeman out of Southampton this summer. I've already stated I would love to sign him but I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up at Everton with Koeman. Imo Mane would have had a better choice of clubs to sign for last summer than this which could be to our advantage if we were interested.
    Looking at a few tweets, they are saying that Klopp feels he would add something to our attack.

Hopefully that something would be goals...

Anfield HQ quoting Paul Joyce

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/742827621461950464?lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If he's good enough for Klopp, that's all the convincing I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane would add pace and goals from midfield something we don't have right now in the squad.

Might might loss him this season for the Olympics & African Cup though if we do sign him.

Edit. Sengal didn't get into the Olympics this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Arabs are real.

Perhaps it's just me but these posts are always much funnier when the person to whom they are responding doesn't thank them. Easy to imagine them headbutting their keyboard, shouting 'Bastard'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sugar daddy owners can **** off. And frankly would we want to be associated with the kind of government that is controlled freakery, occupying Tibet, will happily move thousands of people with bulldozers for the sake of a bad dam project or a massive radio telescope?

Absolutely 100% agree with this. Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Getting £5m for Skrtel by all accounts.

And still haven't given up on Gotze either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Getting £5m for Skrtel by all accounts.
    And still haven't given up on Gotze either.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

retalivity wrote: »
    Mane hates koeman apparently, and was only pushing for a move as he was still manager at Southampton, accordimg to some massive conspitacy theory i read on a southampton blog

Oh excellent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mormank wrote: »
    Oh excellent. :)

Not really, Koeman is Everton manager now.

Wouldnt really be exciting by him as a prospect though. How much is Payet? Hamsik?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Not really, Koeman is Everton manager now.

Wouldnt really be exciting by him as a prospect though. How much is Payet? Hamsik?

Payet's value is going to skyrocket after these Euro heroics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Vicxas wrote: »

Yep he is out performing the golden boy Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Sugar daddy owners can **** off. And frankly would we want to be associated with the kind of government that is controlled freakery, occupying Tibet, will happily move thousands of people with bulldozers for the sake of a bad dam project or a massive radio telescope?

Wouldn't the Spirit of Shankly support base be delighted to have Communist owners or is the Chinese govt too far to the right of SOS to be acceptable to them? Perhaps SOS would be afraid the Chinese wouldn't buy into the SOS's ultimate aim of fan ownership of the club?

It would be hilarious to see SOS criticising their fellow Communists for not being Communist enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Vicxas wrote: »

Yeah... True.

Klopp's birthday today lets hope FSG get him something nice for it in the £30m+ range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Klopp's birthday today lets hope FSG get him something nice for it in the £30m+ range.

Stolen from twitter :D

ztYWv1K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Totally agree

There are a few aspects to this

1) Sugar Daddy owners, nope don't want them, if we are ever to get back to the top I would want it to be earned, if that is outdated/old fashioned so be it

2) I really don't want to be owned by a government entity, that isn't really what governments should be spending their money on and it also leaves you at the whim of a nation that might have a regime change at some point

3) If there had to be new owners I would prefer they came from a country with a better human rights record, though most of those don'tr have the money or have the sense not to buy a football club

People have issues with the current ownership, I don't they have looked after the club well, they have spent money and they are improving the clubs infrastructure
    Sure they have made mistakes but some of the bad transfer buys can't really be blamed on them, they shelled out the cash that was asked for

In saying that they aren't perfect, the transfer committee could do with an overhaul and they could do with upping the wage structure for the right player but I do think they have the best interests of the club/their wallets at heart and I think I would prefer them to any option presented so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Not buying it for a second, haven't they noticed the new stand?

ClAxtT_WIAAd5fj.jpg

That website doesn't even work, registered last July.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

New away kit

New-away-kit.jpg

Very nice, always been a big fan of our black kits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

martyos121 wrote: »

Not gone on it. Plus it looks near identical to the black one we had last season. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

will be picking this up at the weekend with a little luck. wear it with pride on flight to Oz on Thursday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gafferino wrote: »
    New away kit

New-away-kit.jpg

jesus lost all faith with him, hendo is totally out of sync with the team. Still hanging around in the dressing room.
    Is that the injury causing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »

Always been a fan of the white kits myself.

fowler-mcmanaman-r_2149891b.jpg

Anytime your attire matches what you're drinking out of, you've done a decent job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

If there is a takeover bid and it leaves FSG quids in they will seriously consider it. They exist to make money. 5 out of 6 seasons we have failed to qualify for the champions league. Maybe a change wouldn't be the worst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Skrtel to Fenerbahce for £5M doing the rounds - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/15/liverpool-transfer-news-martin-skrtel-on-verge-of-joining-fenerb/

Given his age, you'd be inclined to let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Another one bites the dust! Raphael Guerreiro just signed for Dortmund. So that's himself, Emre Mor and Ousmane Dembele that we were linked with all gone to Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Skrtel to Fenerbahce for £5M doing the rounds - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/15/liverpool-transfer-news-martin-skrtel-on-verge-of-joining-fenerb/

Given his age, you'd be inclined to let him go.

And the fact hes not that good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

doc_17 wrote: »
    If there is a takeover bid and it leaves FSG quids in they will seriously consider it. They exist to make money. 5 out of 6 seasons we have failed to qualify for the champions league. Maybe a change wouldn't be the worst?

It's a possibility they could sell but a new owner won't guarantee champions league football either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

How much have they made from Liverpool already?

Colemania wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust! Raphael Guerreiro just signed for Dortmund. So that's himself, Emre Mor and Ousmane Dembele that we were linked with all gone to Dortmund

Clearly Klopp photographed the summer 2016 BVB target list as he left! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Mr.H wrote: »
    How much have they made from Liverpool already?

I haven't scrutinised the annual accounts but IIRC they haven't extracted any profits from the club so far. To date they have put money into the club and paid off legacy debt. The upside for them will either be a profit on the sale of the club to new owners or once the new stadium is finished and the team are delivering CL on a regular basis they begin to sit back and take a steady annual dividend which IMHO they are more than entitled to do.

I haven't scrutinised the annual accounts but IIRC they haven't extracted any profits from the club so far. To date they have put money into the club and paid off legacy debt. The upside for them will either be a profit on the sale of the club to new owners or once the new stadium is finished and the team are delivering CL on a regular basis they begin to sit back and take a steady annual dividend which IMHO they are more than entitled to do.

Oh ok. I just assumed they have actually being taking money instead of giving money based on comments such as;
    ..........................They exist to make money.....................................

So to recap they have spent THEIR money and not recouped a single cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

As of yet, they have not taken anything out, just put money in. As well as making the club self sustaining.

In 2013 John Henry talked about his plans fro Liverpool

He stated that he would not be pumping billions into the club ala City. He wants Liverpool to become self sustainable and to be able to generate funds for itself that can be spent by itself.

This is what they did in Boston also. They redeveloped the stadium and grew the commercial side of things. They also found lots of sponsors.

One thing FSG have not ever ever EVERRRRRRRR done is take a single dividend from either club.

Now I am not saying they wont................... But the evidence shows that they havent and all we can do is go on evidence as your opinion means jack (no offence, my opinion means jack also. But I have evidence on my side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Given his age how **** he has become, you'd be inclined to let him go.

FYP :pac:

In 2013 John Henry talked about his plans fro Liverpool

He stated that he would not be pumping billions into the club ala City. He wants Liverpool to become self sustainable and to be able to generate funds for itself that can be spent by itself.

This is what they did in Boston also. They redeveloped the stadium and grew the commercial side of things. They also found lots of sponsors.

One thing FSG have not ever ever EVERRRRRRRR done is take a single dividend from either club.

Now I am not saying they wont................... But the evidence shows that they havent and all we can do is go on evidence as your opinion means jack (no offence, my opinion means jack also. But I have evidence on my side)

Yeah you're probably right. And all that you have said is true. But some day it might cease being true. They seem to be very steady owners. But their reign hasn't been a success. 1 year out of 6 they have gotten into top 4. Their strategy isn't working all that well. To finish in the top 4 each year or win the league requires serious investment in players.

They have washed away the H&G stink and the next step is success on the field. People always compare the Red Sox and Liverpool models and they are comparable, except in terms of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They have washed away the H&G stink and the next step is success on the field. People always compare the Red Sox and Liverpool models and they are comparable, except in terms of success.

Red Sox finished bottom of their division in 2014 and 2015. No relegation helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

They won't need to take money out of the club, it is a vehicle for generating income through other revenue streams. Ultimately they want to break free of the Premier League TV deal.

NESN (New England Sports Network) is a cable and satellite network offering sports channels. FSG (owners of the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC) own a majority share of NESN. The network is the primary broadcaster of Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins, it also offers delayed coverage of Premier League games and online streaming services.

When the Premier League clubs decide that they are better off being able to sell rights themselves, FSG are sitting on a gold mine. They have the technology and the expertise to provide Liverpool FC with a massive revenue stream and of course there is nothing stopping them from offering their services to other Premier League clubs also.

Yeah you're probably right. And all that you have said is true. But some day it might cease being true. They seem to be very steady owners. But their reign hasn't been a success. 1 year out of 6 they have gotten into top 4. Their strategy isn't working all that well. To finish in the top 4 each year or win the league requires serious investment in players.

I get your concern I really do. I would love if we just went for it and bought Bale Lewendowski Vidal and Varane. We would have a great chance at winning the title imo with those 4 signings. But the thing is FSG's model seems to be that we fund ourselves with little (albeit still) investment from FSG.

Ok they bought the club in October 2010 so it means they have had 5 and a half seasons at Liverpool. Has it been a success?

When they bought the club we where on the bring of receivership. In fact we had been in the relegation zone that season.

The first phase of their tenure was to secure Liverpools future both on and off the field. They Brought in Kenny to steady the ship, while they wrote off our debts (made them much more manageable anyway at the time).

Because Kenny had such as great run that end of season he forced them to give him a longer run than had been planned. We won the League cup that first full season under FSG.

In fact they spent (net) of about 40 million in their first 2 transfer windows at the club. At a time they where spending a lot off the field to steady us in that regard.

In their second full season they had replaced Kenny (as he finished 8th in the league) with what they actually wanted, a young manager who was an up and comer (exactly how they did it in Boston) they gave him some funds (about 40 million net). He marginally bettered Kennys league spot but the team looked a lot better and looked like it was improving (Suarez looked a lot better under Rodgers)

The third season we finished second in the league, spending another 30-40 million net

The 4th season we lost suarez and now had European fixtures to contend with. We finished 6th and Rodgers was all but gone.

So here we are the 5th season (last year) and Klopp, another young up and coming manager (thats what he is seen as), another 30 - 40 million net spend and we look like we are improving. Our league spot was horrible but the team looks like it can actually play football which is a plus.

Next season is our 6th season. I expect us to spend approx 30-40 million net yet again because there seems to be a trend there. Albeit with extra cash now in the league we may spend 100+net (but i doubt it).

We can argue that FSG's policy doesnt work but look at United's policy of spending big since Fergie. In three seasons they have spent over 300 million net and only finished in the top 4 once!! would you argue thats a success?

Spending money guarantees nothing, the players bought do. Falcao DiMaria Mata Herrera Schweinsteiger would surely be seen as players that would "guarantee" a team the title, but they where not.

Likewise Leicester spent nothing and they won the league

Red Sox under the FSG model won titles 3 times in 14 years since FSG took over. So I wouldnt say FSG are a quick fix but if they ever get bored and leave we can be sure that we wont be at risk financially because of the hard work they have done.

Talisman wrote: »
    They won't need to take money out of the club, it is a vehicle for generating income through other revenue streams. Ultimately they want to break free of the Premier League TV deal.

NESN (New England Sports Network) is a cable and satellite network offering sports channels. FSG (owners of the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC) own a majority share of NESN. The network is the primary broadcaster of Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins, it also offers delayed coverage of Premier League games and online streaming services.

When the Premier League clubs decide that they are better off being able to sell rights themselves, FSG are sitting on a gold mine. They have the technology and the expertise to provide Liverpool FC with a massive revenue stream and of course there is nothing stopping them from offering their services to other Premier League clubs also.

But thats a good thing isnt it? That means they wont look at us as a way of taking a pay check (more than deserved anyway)

I have no problem with them making money as long as its not at our clubs detriment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭dogbert27

2010/2011 They can't really be held to account as they only took over in October and couldn't fire Hodgson straight away. They signed Suarez that January.

2011/2012 Reached the two domestic cup finals winning 1 of them. They gave Kenny the money to buy who he wanted that summer. Kenny didn't do well in the league though and the let him go.

2012/2013 Rodgers first season. Everyone allowed him time even though he oversaw the worst start in the league by Liverpool since the 1920's or something. They signed Coutinho and Sturridge that January and transformed Rodgers team for the second half of the season.

2013/2014 Nearly our year!

2014/15 Lost out on the league and lost Suarez. Whole squad and manager had serious hangover. That said there were times in the season when the team could have gotten in to the top four places but managed to make a balls of things like losing to Hull.
    Could have got to a cup final that year too losing out to a crap Villa team.

2015/16 Brought in Klopp mid season and got to a domestic and European Cup final.

On the pitch we've been nearly men with them as owners, good but not good enough.

Now with Klopp as manager lets see what happens with his signings and one full summer of pre-season.

But thats a good thing isnt it? That means they wont look at us as a way of taking a pay check (more than deserved anyway)

I have no problem with them making money as long as its not at our clubs detriment
    Of course it's a good thing. There's a lot of fans with a chip on their shoulder about the owners simply because the owners are American just like the previous owners were. FSG are the poster boy owners, but because they are American it seems they must answer for the crimes of all American owners of Premier League clubs.

Since FSG took over 6 years ago we have won one league cup and finished runners up another league cup an FA cup an Europa cup and the league for 97% of clubs that would be seen as success.

FSG are very good owners and they have now brought in one of the top 5 managers in the world to turn those runner up spots into winning positions they have the best interest of the club at heart.

Chinese or Arab owners wouldn't they would there own interests first and foremost I believe.

• Advertisement

Liverpool FC hoping to sell Balotelli to Besiktas (Liverpool Echo)
    Balotelli has been the subject of interest from the Chinese Super League but the frontman is understood to be keen to stay in Europe.

His agent has been speaking to potential suitors with Liverpool’s blessing and Mino Raiola believes Besiktas will follow up their interest with a firm offer.

“I offered Mario to Besiktas and I’m waiting for their answer,” he told the Turkish outlet Spox.com.tr

“But I’m quite sure the transfer will happen as the president already assured me in the past that he would do everything he can to sign him.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they aren't good owners, I'm just not convinced they'll be able to take us where we all want to go - the league title.

To do that you have to (nearly always) spend big and buy the best players or they go to your rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Talisman wrote: »

Well we're fooked so seeing as only a small sliver of Turkey is in Europe.

Clyne, Sturridge, Hendo and Milner's reputation is growing on the bench! Lallana the only good player for England

Clyne, Sturridge, Hendo and Milner's reputation is growing on the bench! Lallana the only good player for England

That's nothing new to Sturridge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement