Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There's a Welsh Joe Allen playing for Wales.

Clyne, Sturridge, Hendo and Milner's reputation is growing on the bench! Lallana the only good player for England

Sturridge has to play at least. Hodgson has no idea what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Clyne, Sturridge, Hendo and Milner's reputation is growing on the bench! Lallana the only good player for England

Milner and Henderson would do a better job in the middle than Rooney. Can not understand why Woy is sticking with him in there when Wilshire is on the bench as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

J Mysterio wrote: »
    There's a Welsh Joe Allen playing for Wales.
    He was the man of the match in the opener, and could very well repeat the feat today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Everyone's calling Wales a one man team, think it's a bit harsh, Bale isn't bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was fancying Sturridge to score here, before realising Vardy was coming on too. Rarely does lumping an extra two up top and panicking from half time actually work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Joe is having another fine game today IMO. Ramsey seems to be getting more of the credit though, which I don't agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Joe is having another fine game today IMO. Ramsey seems to be getting more of the credit though, which I don't agree with.

Apparently he's sick too. BBC mentioned that he was ill over night. Impressive performance, all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Liverpool to the rescue, mopping up after Spurs mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Love seeing Danny dance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Was fancying Sturridge to score here, before realising Vardy was coming on too. Rarely does lumping an extra two up top and panicking from half time actually work.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sturridge is pure clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sturridge still hasn't broken in half while on England duty.

Here's hoping the trend continues

8-10 wrote: »
    Love seeing Danny dance

Very nice goal.

Such a pity we didn't win the EL, the quality of his goal was more or less forgotten after the spanking we got in the 2nd half.

That Blazeacrossme fella is doing pretty well for a player who has been written off by Dortmund, would be a very cheap option for the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That Blazeacrossme fella is doing pretty well for a player who has been written off by Dortmund, would be a very cheap option for the right.

I think Fiorentina have an option to make his loan permanent, unless they've already decided not to. €6m, hard to go too wrong for that.

I think they've passed on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are people becoming more convinced that we might not be missing much by not getting Gotze?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Are people becoming more convinced that we might not be missing much by not getting Gotze?

Poor mans Lallana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

murpho999 wrote: »

Well the hope would be that Klopp would get him back to where he was. If he wasn't in such a slump we'd never even have had a shot at getting him. He's still exceptionally young and we've all seen the talent. Its whether or not Klopp could get it back out of him... the worse this tourney goes the better it is for us when it comes to him I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumor today from talksport that we asked madrid for kovacic on loan but they want to sell for 24 million pounds

Rumor today from talksport that we asked madrid for kovacic on loan but they want to sell for 24 million pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Advertisement

Rumour today from talksport that we asked madrid for kovacic on loan but they want to sell for 24 million pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Quiet day....need some rumours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hear there is a rumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'll not believe it, till I hear the Rumors that he's leaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kovacic rumour true

Would be good signing. Would never give up, or let us down in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Kovacic rumour true

Would be good signing. Would never give up, or let us down in my opinion.

Bastard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling no end product as usual today. I don't ever see him.justifying the hype. His technique hasn't improved in any shape or form since his move to city. He still cant cross a ball or shoot properly. The only change I've seen is a dip in his confidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

As I said to my Man. City supporting friend when he moved, "you're gonna say 'how did he miss that?' at least 20 times this season."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I hear there is a rumour
    That rumour is only rumoured.

This thread needs a signing and soon:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

"Liverpool misfit Mario Balotelli offered to Besiktas"

According to the Guardian, sorry can't post URL

I'd take 500 Lira and a stale Turkish delight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shaunr68 wrote: »

I'd just take the Turkish Delight.

And i don't even like Turkish Delight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

shaunr68 wrote: »

We need to get this butler in to do our transfer negotiations:

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/17/dirk-kuyt-scammed-by-butler-for-e200k-in-fake-diamond-trick/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love some Hadji Bey now.
    66910486.jpg

Bastard :D

Just be thankful BTBW didn't link Kate Cohen....ah I miss those days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I was in school with a Turkish kid who brought real Turkish Delight back after summer hols - my GOD, the Cadbury's stuff is dogsheet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tough couple of days for ricero.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tough couple of days for ricero.

Now i know how Caovyn Lineah felt

ricero wrote: »
    Now i know how Caovyn Lineah felt

cat-bite-and-hissing-200x183.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18804/10316020/england-2-1-wales-roy-hodgsons-gamble-pays-off-with-daniel-sturridge-winner

Things like Roy Hodgson being lauded as a tactical genius are the reasons I realised I really don't understand football anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/18804/10316020/england-2-1-wales-roy-hodgsons-gamble-pays-off-with-daniel-sturridge-winner

Things like Roy Hodgson being lauded as a tactical genius are the reasons I realised I really don't understand football anymore.

That grouping of words should never ever ever be in the same sentance together :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Roy Hodgson is a tactical potato. If he was from any other country he'd be lambasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

gimli2112 wrote: »

The media are about as astute as the average person who pays attention to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Roy Hodgson thought process:

"Right, I can see this Welsh team falling back more and more this half so I'll put Vardy on for his directness and speed and Sturridge for his trickery and I'll pull this one out of the fire"

OR

"Oh sxxt, oh sxxt, oh sxxt, the media are going to crucify me, what do I do, what do I do?? Right, throw 4 of my five attacking players on hope for the best"

I know which one is the correct answer to the tactical genius question.

Kane was performing for England as Benteke had for Liverpool. Semi decent but not working amongst the other players or their style.

A blind man could see that either of/ both of Sturridge and Vardy should have come on V Russia - England were playing well but were not finishing anything or causing much of a threat V goal.

The substitutions were the obvious ones - they should have started the game - the only surprise was he made the subs so early.

I can only assume
    a) He is a Tottenham fan (is Croydon in their catchement?)
    b) He is spitefull against Liverpool

• Advertisement

Good to see two up front anyway at the Euros, it might not be rocket science but it does work as shown by Leicester.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement