Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for Sturridge yesterday, he's absolute different class. The quick feet and finish are trademark Danny.

Harry Kane isn't fit to lace his boots.

Its been said a million times but a fit Sturridge there isn't many strikers in world football you would swap him for.

It was nice of Sturridge to thank Fowler in the interview after the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If Kane played for Liverpool and Sturridge for Spurs any person suggesting they'd take Sturridge over Kane, or that Kane wasn't fit to lace Sturridge's boots would be rightly laughed off the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If Kane played for Liverpool and Sturridge for Spurs any person suggesting they'd take Sturridge over Kane, or that Kane wasn't fit to lace Sturridge's boots would be rightly laughed off the internet.

Whatever about that, Kane was terrible against Russia and barely kicked a ball till he was subbed V Wales. Sturridge was constantly on the ball when he came on and he scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Kane was performing for England as Benteke had for Liverpool. Semi decent but not working amongst the other players or their style.

A blind man could see that either of/ both of Sturridge and Vardy should have come on V Russia - England were playing well but were not finishing anything or causing much of a threat V goal.

The substitutions were the obvious ones - they should have started the game - the only surprise was he made the subs so early.

I can only assume
    a) He is a Tottenham fan (is Croydon in their catchement?)
    b) He is spitefull against Liverpool
    I hope he stays spiteful and refuses to play any Liverpool player in any remaining game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I hope he stays spiteful and refuses to play any Liverpool player in any remaining game.

Send them all home.

Whatever about that, Kane was terrible against Russia and barely kicked a ball till he was subbed V Wales. Sturridge was constantly on the ball when he came on and he scored.

Fully agree but their manager will always play individuals over players who work in a system due to a the pressure from the public and media. And even if some won't acknowledge it that makes Sturridge third choice behind Kane and Vardy.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Honestly its not just Liverpool fan's that share that opinion, a number of United fans have consistently said to me he is the best English striker and wouldn't look out of place in most top European teams.

Pool fans are annoyed with him over his injuries but you just cant ignore the talent he is and has.

rob316 wrote: »

Pool fans are annoyed with him over his injuries but you just cant ignore the talent he is and has.

Some :)

Sturridge is class

If he's injured he's injured, hopefully he's over the worst of it after last two seasons.

The comments that are thrown about suggesting that his goals aren't quite enough to justify his place in the starting 11 are what should be laughed off the internet ..........along with suggestions to sell him..........

We had to read awful sh1te along the lines of him never playing again for us while he was out....... armchair medics.

His presence on the pitch alone creates space for the rest of the attackers, we are a different proposition with him.

If he didn't play in the EL we wouldn't have been in the final.

It's baffling the rubbish people come out with regarding one of the greatest goalscorers to ever wear a Liverpool shirt.

I'm fairly sure he'll play at PL level well into his thirties and score a heap more goals, hopefully it's for us. Can't see Klopp selling him.

Liverpool's success (or lack of it) over the next few seasons is more dependent on Sturridge than Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sturridge is a very good striker but to say a player who has scored 59 goals in the last two seasons isn't fit to lace his boots is going a bit overboard in fairness. Plus in those two seasons he played almost the same amount of games for Spurs than Sturridge has in 4 seasons, which does matter no matter how some people like to gloss over it.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    ........ a bit overboard in fairness. ..............

True

Sturridge is a very good striker but to say a player who has scored 59 goals in the last two seasons isn't fit to lace his boots is going a bit overboard in fairness. Plus in those two seasons he played almost the same amount of games for Spurs than Sturridge has in 4 seasons, which does matter no matter how some people like to gloss over it.

Kane is an excellent striker don't get me wrong for a second but Sturridge is just different class. I'm talking about in terms of talent and ability, we all know Kane wins out on fitness.

Sturridge is the most natural gifted finisher I have seen since Fowler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liverpool have many suitors but John Henry not interested in selling.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/06/16/liverpool-have-multiple-suitors-but-john-henry-not-interested-in-selling/#769f05655f89

I've seen one or two say a 25% stake and naming rights for the main stand could be in the mix but they could be working off the one 'source'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I look forward to the Bill Gates Main Stand Experience.

Kane is an excellent striker don't get me wrong for a second but Sturridge is just different class. I'm talking about in terms of talent and ability, we all know Kane wins out on fitness.

As he's fit you'd expect Hodgson to be doing all he can to get the best out of him at the Euros, starting Kane ahead of him is not a good idea but as I'm not English I'm not bothered.

I think Sturridge is a better player than Fowler, he has more to him. I'd take a peak Sturridge over a peak Fowler and I'm a huge Fowler fan. Was really delighted when Benitez brought him back, for football on the pitch reasons it made little difference to the club but it was great for player, club and fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

more like the Wang Jianlin Dalian Wanda Main Stand

It's all about the goals.

Unless the player in question is better at it than Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Delighted for Sturridge but he ruined my bet of a draw, even worse I was chasing previous losses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

He'll be waiting for the transfer Windows to open.

mosstin wrote: »
    He'll be waiting for the transfer Windows to open.

If he got his foot in the door he would be a right task master manager I suspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Delighted for Sturridge but he ruined my bet of a draw, even worse I was chasing previous losses!

i had 2-1 at 8/1 but cashed out by accident at 1-1. Livid as it was obvious what was going to happen.

Sorry just needed to vent...

If he got his foot in the door he would be a right task master manager I suspect

Daniel Sturridge is not responding.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Daniel Sturridge is not responding.

Danny as a windows message

Winbsod.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Danny as a windows message

Winbsod.JPG

error-displaying-previous-error-funny-error-messages.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to have Kane a lad who can run all day play 50+ games a season without issue and be a 1 in 2 goalscorer.

I'd love to have Kane a lad who can run all day play 50+ games a season with issue and be a 1 in 2 goalscorer.

Definitely need a striker this summer imo.

He's such a dozy looking bollocks though. Doesnt sound the brightest either.

We've already got Henderson for that role!

That didn't stop Rooney going on to break goal scoring records.

• Advertisement

Weird stuff on a betting market - Danny Ings to Rangers is evenish money.

Football>Football Specials

Danny Ings - Club After Summer Transfer Window Betting Odds

Rangers 5/6 Liverpool 5/6

Sky Bet are the only one with this market which suggests it's nothing more than a click bait market (has it been advertised I wonder) for suckers.

Some great news by the looks of it Firmino won't be picked for the Brazilian squad for the Olympics.

Nor Coutinho

Or Lucas.

Or Milner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sky Bet are the only one with this market which suggests it's nothing more than a click bait market (has it been advertised I wonder) for suckers.

Not a hope he would move there. I'd also imagine klopp will give him a chance to prove himself.

• Advertisement

Even if we were to sell Ings which id say is highly unlikely the lowest price tag we would put on him is £8m that's what the tribunal fee added up to.

Now where the fcuk would Rangers of all teams get £8m to spend on a player Celtic barely have that kind of money.

Rumour is we're willing to let Ings out on loan for a season so that's where those odds have come from. Doubt it'll happen, if Benteke and Balotelli go he'll get enough games next season I'd say, but still behind Origi and Sturridge in the pecking order.

Rumour is we're willing to let Ings out on loan for a season so that's where those odds have come from. Doubt it'll happen, if Benteke and Balotelli go he'll get enough games next season I'd say, but still behind Origi and Sturridge in the pecking order.

It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever so I'd most likely say it's bull****. Ings looked a very useful signing before his injury - his technique really surprised. I think he'll play an important role under Klopp. The only way I could seeing us sending him out on loan is if we'd lined up a signing or two up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Watching Arda Turan for Turkey and Barcelona this season only confirms to me how we dodged a bullet. Think Atletico was the right club at the right time for him, you drop him into our basket case club in the Premier League, and I think he struggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watching Arda Turan for Turkey and Barcelona this season only confirms to me how we dodged a bullet. Think Atletico was the right club at the right time for him, you drop him into our basket case club in the Premier League, and I think he struggles.

Think he would have been another Nuri Sahin for Liverpool. Decent player at the right club but Liverpool was not the right club.

Arda is still better than player we have at the club now on the wing.

Arda is still better than player we have at the club now on the wing.

From what I've seen of him this season, he's honestly no better than Milner. He might look better because he has a bit of flair about him, but Milner's stats should prove my point.

If only Milner himself realised what his best position is, he's no central midfielder.

From what I've seen of him this season, he's honestly no better than Milner. He might look better because he has a bit of flair about him, but Milner's stats should prove my point.

If only Milner himself realised what his best position is, he's no central midfielder.

Don't forget this season he missed half the season because he banned from playing it would have been hard to get up to match speed with most teams but that Barca team was on some run with that front 3 any player would find it hard to get in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont disagree really, i just dont think theres a huge gulf in class between the two. There is an unpredictability with Sturridge that I dont see in Kane where he can do the outrageous to win games, but without that Kane has this a clinical side to his game where he takes his chances and doesn't get hotheaded when things dont come off, he doesn't seem to take on ridiculous efforts etc.

Given a choice between the two being fully fit not a lot between them IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Think he would have been another Nuri Sahin for Liverpool. Decent player at the right club but Liverpool was not the right club.

I don't think that was the wrong club so much as the wrong manager.

I don't think that was the wrong club so much as the wrong manager.

I could never figure that one out - Sahin seemed the perfect Rodgers player, but he never gave him a fair chance. I was excited by his arrival and he never played, never mind in his correct position.

4/5 to stay now, most they'd take was £312.50..... odds to stay now 4/6.
    He's premiership proven, he won't be going anywhere, on loan or otherwise imo, he'll probably start lots of cup games for us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We probably won't have lots of cup games. Either way, no real justification for not going with our strongest team (give or take) every game.

Which is why the number of players yet to come in is probably no more than 3 - LB, CM wide attack and I'd wish they'd get signed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement