Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does anyone else find the near total shut down of transfer names coming from the club and fed to Joyce, Barrett etc refreshing or frustrating?

It's a bit of a killjoy. And it's making James Pearce seem like a bigger dickhead than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's a bit of a killjoy. And it's making James Pearce seem like a bigger dickhead than normal.

Is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that possible?

Surely, if he gets a rush of blood to the head?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I read somewhere that Firmino is not expected to be in the Brazil squad for the Olympics which will be great for us as he'll get a full post season break and full pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Leicester offered £25M for Troy Deeney! Maybe we could interest them or Watford in Benteke or Balotelli.

River Plate President Rodolfo D'Onofrio has told ​Fox Sports that Jurgen Klopp is interested in bringing Gabriel Mercado to Anfield.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3347693-river-plate-president-confirms-liverpool-s-interest-in-argentinian-international-gabriel-mercado
    Funes Mori was his partner in crime prior to joining Everton, a dirty Argentinian could possibly be a like for like replacement for Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

But Skrtel isn't particularly dirty, or Argentinian. He's just incompetent.

But Skrtel isn't particularly dirty, or Argentinian. He's just incompetent.
    We were very fortunate to get away with his inability to man mark without fouling but there is no doubting he is a dirty player. Did you see his efforts for Slovakia against Wales last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Talisman wrote: »
    We were very fortunate to get away with his inability to man mark without fouling but there is no doubting he is a dirty player. Did you see his efforts for Slovakia against Wales last week?

He's incompetent and far too often brainless, but I don't think there's much malice in how he plays. Dirty players are the likes of Costa or Pepe in my book.

Skrtel's got the look down to a tee but he was raised too well I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Talisman wrote: »
    Leicester offered £25M for Troy Deeney! Maybe we could interest them or Watford in Benteke or Balotelli.

Insane money, but a good move. To an extent it somewhat replaces the inevitable loss of Mahrez. Different players, but could see Deeney striking up a good partnership with Vardy.

Id have though 15m would easily get Deeney though. Guess this summer's gonna have crazy money all round for Prem to Prem transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He's incompetent and far too often brainless, but I don't think there's much malice in how he plays. Dirty players are the likes of Costa or Pepe in my book.

Skrtel's got the look down to a tee but he was raised too well I reckon.

Dirty isn't the same as hard, though. But consistent dirtiness and cynicism requires a degree of thought and cunning, which is where the charge of dirtiness against our Marty breaks down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Insane money, but a good move. To an extent it somewhat replaces the inevitable loss of Mahrez. Different players, but could see Deeney striking up a good partnership with Vardy.

Id have though 15m would easily get Deeney though. Guess this summer's gonna have crazy money all round for Prem to Prem transfers.

With the TV money as someone said in here before 20M is the new 7M.

But I agree, Deeney was immense when partnered with Ighalo. With Vardy it could be a whole new level of migraines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/achterberg-liverpool-new-boy-karius-11494442

“Loris a good young keeper who will come in to compete and show what he’s about,” Achterberg told the ECHO.

“He had an excellent season in Germany. I’ve watched him closely since 2014.

“I try to follow every“Loris a good young keeper who will come in to compete and show what he’s about,” Achterberg told the ECHO.

“I try to follow every keeper aged 15 to 27 in every league across Europe and the rest of the world. keeper aged 15 to 27 in every league across Europe and the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

gafferino wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/achterberg-liverpool-new-boy-karius-11494442

“Loris a good young keeper who will come in to compete and show what he’s about,” Achterberg told the ECHO.

“I try to follow every“Loris a good young keeper who will come in to compete and show what he’s about,” Achterberg told the ECHO.

“I try to follow every keeper aged 15 to 27 in every league across Europe and the rest of the world. keeper aged 15 to 27 in every league across Europe and the rest of the world.

did you have a stroke while copying that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Achterberg the goalkeeper coach who lots of fans blame for the decline in goalkeepers at the club is the one who scouted Karius..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Achterberg the goalkeeper coach who lots of fans blame for the decline in goalkeepers at the club is the one who scouted Karius..
    I assume he is part of a team of scouts who track players every week with a bit more emphasis on players they think would be good enough to improve the team/squad.

I assume he is part of a team of scouts who track players every week with a bit more emphasis on players they think would be good enough to improve the team/squad.

The way we bought players over the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if they wore a blindfold and stuck pins into paper and just bought the players that got stuck with the pins.

Latest photo from Anfield. Looking good:)

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/744490366573879296

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Latest photo from Anfield. Looking good:)

Cranes being removed from pitch-side this week and pitch to be relaid at some point this week too.

• Advertisement

Looking good to ready for the start of the season.

R*y alternately claimed credit for signing Joe Cole and distanced himself from the signing. Talk is cheap.

Any quotes from Acterberg as to why his charges consistently decline on his watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The article doesn't actually say that he scouted him.

Achterberg just says that he's been aware of him since 2014 as he watches all young goalkeepers between 15 and 27 years old.

That's a bit of a blanket statement that would cover any goalkeeper being signed. :)

I think the manager would have been more influential in his signing than Achterberg.

Pre-season starts in 13 days.

Mamadou Sakho to learn of possible drugs ban within three weeks.
    Mamadou Sakho is expected to discover within the next three weeks whether he must serve a suspension for contravening Uefa’s drugs rules.

The Liverpool defender’s career has been on hold since it was announced he failed a drug test following the Europa League tie at Manchester United on 17 March. The 26-year-old was initially taken out of the Liverpool side by the manager, Jürgen Klopp, and then provisionally suspended by Uefa for 30 days.

Sakho missed the final eight games of Liverpool’s season, including the Europa League final defeat by Sevilla, plus selection for France’s squad at the European Championship as a consequence.

After opting not to have his B sample examined, Sakho’s lawyers have argued the fat-burning substance that resulted in the failed drug test should not be on Uefa’s prohibited list. European football’s governing body have been conducting their own investigation into whether that should be the case and have set a provisional date of early July for the disciplinary hearing.

Liverpool are due to start pre-season training on 2 July.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/20/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-to-learn-of-possible-drugs-ban-within-three-weeks

Pre-season starts in 13 days.

Mamadou Sakho to learn of possible drugs ban within three weeks.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/20/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-to-learn-of-possible-drugs-ban-within-three-weeks

Ridiculously drawn out process, given what's at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If the Sakho hearing doesn't go our way then not giving Kolo an extension could turn out to be an awful decision. I've confidence in Lovren but Matip will need time to settle and Gomez is coming back after a long term injury. Having Toure there as back up in the event of a Sakho ban would have seemed like the thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pictures of Jordan Ibe in a west ham training top doing the rounds on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A fake, one of West Ham owners son (who I think is on the board) has rubbished the link.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Karius not going to the Olympics is the new twitter chatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Welsh Pirlo with a nice through ball for Ramsey's goal there.

Edit: Here it is https://streamable.com/xgqf

Allen making Stan look decent, even O'zil couldn't manage that. :pac:

• Advertisement

Allen bossing the game big time.

Allen bossing the game big time.

I'll be quite disappointed if he doesn't get a new contract for us. Have always been a fan of his. This must be his longest run without an injury too, and its no coincidence that he's hit a good level of form, I think.

Every time he got going in his first few years with us he ended up injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Henderson's been excellent so far here too. Pinged in some beautiful passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Henderson bossing and allen. Best I've seen from hendo in ages.

Allen turning into Messi now with those runs still weak ass shot though :)

Clyne is Stevie Finnan 2.0. Thought he was our POTY last season, and he's playing great again tonight. His attacking game is getting better all the time, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    Clyne is Stevie Finnan 2.0. Thought he was our POTY last season, and he's playing great again tonight. His attacking game is getting better all the time, too.

Ridiculous that he's second choice to Walker, Clyne is better in nearly every way and as reliable as you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ridiculous that he's second choice to Walker, Clyne is better in nearly every way and as reliable as you can get.

Walker plays because England are in a weak group and they haven't been under pressure much at the back. He's far superior to Clyne from an attacking perspective but Clyne is a much better defender.

If Allen does leave during the summer and fancies a challenge he should drop down to Arsenal and see if he can make Wilshere look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is Allen boss?

• Advertisement

People seem to think Hendo is having a mare.

Vicxas wrote: »
    People seem to think Hendo is having a mare.

Match thread?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Match thread?
    Alt reality, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hendo's corners have been poor, and a few poor passes, other than that playing very well, best I've seen from him in a while.....

We really need to sign a someone who can kick a deadball it's shocking beyond belief that so many pro's at the club are so bad at kicking a deadball.

Something that we can say is that Henderson is fit again, he made a darting run into the peno area at one point which he couldn't have made if his foot/heel thingy was at all an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

One thing that absolutely nobody can deny from tonight...

Joe Allen was absolutely magnificent against Russia. Yet again.

He is in a seriously good run of form.

I'm watching England but will watch the highlights of Joe Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Grueller

Lads, based on this tournament I see bids incoming for Joe Allen. Possibly from Arsenal as I think sitting deep for them with whats ahead he could be good there.
    Given that he has been a bit part player for pool, sell or keep? Genuine question.

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    Lads, based on this tournament I see bids incoming for Joe Allen. Possibly from Arsenal as I think sitting deep for them with whats ahead he could be good there.
    Given that he has been a bit part player for pool, sell or keep? Genuine question.

How many midfielders can be accommodated is the issue that Klopp needs to deal with. He could well sell Lucas but that would leave

Hendo
    Can
    Allen
    Zeilinski (assuming he is bought as expected)
    Milner
    Grujic

for the central positions which next season is a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement